Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

Default Re: Post game-Brooms Coming Out

Looking at the team stats we actually owned them in every major category accept 3's..they made 13 we made 8. That's a 15 point difference. All those 3's add up. Clean up the 3pt line and we will win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is at best a half truth. Talent is a much bigger issue. It is a wonder that the Pacers are staying this close. Sure there are some strange match ups out there but
    part is trying to find SOMETHING to help with the defense.
    Oh don't get me wrong, the Cavs outclass us talent-wise by a LOT. But that does not change the fact that both of these games should and could have been won were it not for some truly idiotic coaching moves. Yes, obviously Paul and Lance kept us in Game 1 - gave us a chance to win. Paul and Teague in Game 2, gave us a chance late... But Nate's game-plans, in game adjustments, and assigned match-ups. Dude, that lost these games for us, I have absolutely zero qualms about stating that unequivocally.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Another curious question...does any other superstar calls out his teammates by name more than Paul George? After a while, wouldn't you get sick of playing with Paul George?

There has been locker room issues for years. We hear it time and time again and he and LaVoy are the only 2 players that remain. ummmm

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Here's a serious question. Was this more a genuine talent loss or was it more a coaching loss?
    When your coach talks about how the team can't get a rebound and he has 4 guards and 1 pf/c on the court, one would have to think it's the coach. He knows there is a problem but doesn't do a thing about it.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jrwannabe For This Useful Post:

Game 1 the defense allowed a layup line... Game 2 was a 3 fest....
    I guess that is an adjustment...
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

I didn't watch the game.....but checked in on the Game Thread from time to time. What happened with Lance on the defensive end. It seemed that they were attacking him on the defensive end on a regular basis.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I didn't watch the game.....but checked in on the Game Thread from time to time. What happened with Lance on the defensive end. It seemed that they were attacking him on the defensive end on a regular basis.
    Actually video of Lance vs Cavs

https://youtu.be/EGSqUHxHNFE
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Just finished watching game, even if Teague can't play defense at least he can score. Nate McMillan doesn't know how to use the pacers players, PG knows what to do, but everyone there just stands around, everytime PG gets doubled no one moves around. Myles Turner block numbers are inflated, I rather him be in position than go for the block. Of course no one knows what Nate was doing with Lance on Love.

At least he didn't play Aaron Brooks.

Also Larry Bird looked pissed.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Nate uses PG like he is Brandon Roy that is also a problem.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

People need to accept Myles Turner most likely is suited to play a role like Lamarcus Aldridge, so we need a dedmon to help in the defense or previously Manhimi

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Charles Barkley just called our defensive strategy in the 2nd half "ridiculous".

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Honestly, the Cavs were feeding the ball to whoever Lance was defending. They were really going after him.

Well, yeah . I guess we thought having him guard Kyrie Irving was as good of an idea as putting him on Kevin Love.

I've been more doom and gloom lately, but the end of the day, we were competitive in two road games against the slumbering Cavs. At least we've had chances in these games.
    Last edited by imawhat; 04-18-2017 at 12:37 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Charles Barkley just called our defensive strategy in the 2nd half "ridiculous".
    The lone bright spots were when the Pacers actually doubled them off a switch or helped. However, it was too late in the game to make a serious difference. I can't believe these guys' instincts are to just stand around off switches and watch their teammate get backed down time after time. This has to be a horrible coaching job.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Nobody in NBA history has the combination of stats in a single season before the age of 22 that Myles Turner has and there was a thread about trading him? SMH

https://twitter.com/LuTzzPHX/status/852557759388233732

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

An understatement, at that.
    #LanceEffect

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Nobody in NBA history has the combination of stats in a single season before the age of 22 that Myles Turner has and there was a thread about trading him? SMH

https://twitter.com/LuTzzPHX/status/852557759388233732
    it's just time to accept that the guy that has played only a season and a half of NBA basketball is never going to be good.
    #LanceEffect

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I rewatched the game and Tristan Thompson fouled on nearly every single offensive rebound he got unless I missed something and locking up and grabbing other players' arms is legal. Also that loose ball foul call on Thad where Korver was literally climbing on his shoulder was awful.

The game is being replayed now on TNT in case anyone thinks the Pacers can figure things out defensively and win this time around...
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

It's been inconsistent at best throughout the season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Hang on, how can we have poor defense? I was told the guru of defense sat on our bench.

In all seriousness the only thing I think we can hope for at this point is that we don't get swept. Getting swept will pretty much just take away almost any and all good feelings we had for the final 6 games, which maybe in the long run wouldn't be a bad thing. This team is just very poorly constructed and the fact that Larry Bird did NOTHING at the trade deadline still to this day just staggers me.

I love Paul and he has played great but those who are complaining about his leadership and demeanor are not totally wrong. Don't get me wrong either, we have to do whatever we can to keep him here and keep him happy but some of his comments and body language do leave something to be desired.

First game I let the coaching slide this game I'm not going to blame it all on coaching (I still blame this on Bird for putting this team together) but some of Nate's adjustments are beyond perplexing. I guess they really totally disrespected Kevin Love and thought that he could not post up a player who was 5-7" shorter than him. Once I get, a second time maybe but three times in a row? Now again I will give him the benefit of saying he doesn't have a lot to work with here.

Going into next season, and I know this is never good for continuity, but I really want to see about 5 or maybe even 6 new players.

BTW, if we had another power forward I would like to try a lineup of Lance, Paul, Thad, PF, Myles just for a few possessions just to see how it would work out.

Overall we are just to small, to soft, to weak and believe it or not to slow.

EDIT: On the other hand if we were playing any team other than the Cavs we most likely would have a 1-1 tie.
    Last edited by Peck; 04-18-2017 at 03:27 AM.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    A bigger guard like Lance "I got my a** handed to me by everybody and their mom"
    As if our current starting 2 provided absolutely anything in the game lol

Fell asleep when Cavs got up by 19, woke up and saw they made a comeback, it kinda feels bad, because this team has potential to beat Cavs, all thoose terrible mistakes during the game and they made it close. Defense on Love in the 3rd was painful to watch, putting small guy on it does not work, it wont work, they kept feeding him and it looked way too easy, i really dislike theese attempts by Mcmillan, doesnt feel like he is right fit.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The main stretch that stood out to me was being in the bonus for the last eight minutes of the third quarter and getting to the line twice. (I'm quoting Barry on that, so small grain of salt.) Let's not forget this. The Cavs are a bad defensive team. They were all season, and they have continued into the playoffs so far. But we got nothing going to the basket, and we (and Paul himself) have never found a consistent way to manufacture free throw attempts.

And as much as I don't enjoy Myles playing like paper mache and hate McMillan for his shook-*** non-adjustments, it all comes from the top. Bird and Co. put together a roster that still still still doesn't fit. What is our best lineup against this Cavs team? Does anyone have a clue? I don't think Turner is in it, and honestly I don't think Teague is either. I'm tempted to say that we should close with Lance-GRIII-CJ-PG-Thad. Front Love in the post, hope Kyrie and Bron miss jumpers, and have everyone attack the glass.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I do think the people claiming moral victories are somewhat right. The Pacers were a ****-poor road team all year and were in general the definition of mediocre on both ends of the floor. We haven't given up and gotten blown out in either game. PG has looked quite good for the most part, though he had nothing going scoring-wise in the fourth. This could be aesthetically a lot worse. Though we still have zero wins so far.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the Pacers can take these next two home games

At least one. Maybe I'm just stupid tho lol
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post: