Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damian Lillard only has big games because he plays with CJ McCollum.

I commend your ability to take abuse and not miss a beat but seriously, just stop.
    My point is Kyrie and Kevin Love's fortunes greatly changed when Lebron returned to Cleveland. Had he not returned? It's debatable if Kyrie would have ever even made a playoff, much less an NBA Finals. It's not an indictment of his talent? But an indictment of his ability to accomplish anything on his own before the arrival of LBJ.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    My point is Kyrie and Kevin Love's fortunes greatly changed when Lebron returned to Cleveland. Had he not returned? It's debatable if Kyrie would have ever even made a playoff, much less an NBA Finals. It's not an indictment of his talent? But an indictment of his ability to accomplish anything on his own before the arrival of LBJ.
    Then why did you talk about big games and not playoff victories? Because you weren't talking about accomplishments other than scoring.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Drummond is very overrated.
    Call me crazy but I prefer ROLO.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you put a bigger player on him you probably don't need to double. Either way, I am not nor have I ever been really impressed with Kyrie. Dame has at least gotten Portland into the playoffs in most of his years as a Blazer. Kyrie needed to team up with the best player in the league to get to the playoffs for the first time.
    That is what happened, yes. Did he NEED the best player in the world to get to the playoffs? Of course not lmao. He could have made the playoffs with a decent roster. You really are not able to comprehend the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    Heck, I'd even argue that without Kyrie playing that we probably take the first two games of this series easily. We don't have a single guard on our roster that can keep him in check. He got to the hoop at will last night and when your point guard has that ability, he's opening things up for the rest of the team. Grimp's got it completely backwards.
    There isn't really a guard in the league (besides perhaps a Beverly or slightly younger Tony Allen) that can actually keep a locked in Kyrie in check. He is ridiculous and can beat anyone in any way he chooses. His handle, shot, and touch close is like Curry's, you just pray the law of averages works in your favor for the crucial possessions/games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichi View Post
    That is what happened, yes. Did he NEED the best player in the world to get to the playoffs? Of course not lmao. He could have made the playoffs with a decent roster. You really are not able to comprehend the difference?
    I felt he had a decent roster. Cavs had a bunch of top 20 picks didn't they? Along with Kyrie?

Tristan Thompson (4th pick)
    Dion Waiters (4th pick)
    Anthony Bennett (1st pick)
    Tyler Zeller (17th)
    Sergey Karasev (19th pick)

It's funny he failed to make any of those players better. But even more than that, Tristan Thompson was considered a bust until Lebron showed up and told the front office he's an elite rebounder worthy of an almost $90 million contract. Crazy stuff. These guys owe their careers to Lebron.

There isn't really a guard in the league (besides perhaps a Beverly or slightly younger Tony Allen) that can actually keep a locked in Kyrie in check. He is ridiculous and can beat anyone in any way he chooses. His handle, shot, and touch close is like Curry's, you just pray the law of averages works in your favor for the crucial possessions/games.
    Kyrie is no Curry. Kyrie is closer to Dame in ability to make crazy shots. But come on man, Steph is a rung above both. That guy makes trick shots you perform at the playground. Sometimes it looks at if Steph isn't even shooting the ball but rather throwing up a prayer. Yet it's his normal shooting form and it's quite accurate. Kyrie is talented but the shots Steph makes/has made are insane. Even more insane than where he pulls up from in some cases.

Kyrie is no Curry. Kyrie is closer to Dame in ability to make crazy shots. But come on man, Steph is a rung above both. That guy makes trick shots you perform at the playground. Sometimes it looks at if Steph isn't even shooting the ball but rather throwing up a prayer. Yet it's his normal shooting form and it's quite accurate. Kyrie is talented but the shots Steph makes/has made are insane. Even more insane than where he pulls up from in some cases.
    You haven't watched a lot of Kyrie apparently.

Just go watch last years finals

I felt he had a decent roster. Cavs had a bunch of top 20 picks didn't they? Along with Kyrie?

Tristan Thompson (4th pick)
    Dion Waiters (4th pick)
    Anthony Bennett (1st pick)
    Tyler Zeller (17th)
    Sergey Karasev (19th pick)

It's funny he failed to make any of those players better. But even more than that, Tristan Thompson was considered a bust until Lebron showed up and told the front office he's an elite rebounder worthy of an almost $90 million contract. Crazy stuff. These guys owe their careers to Lebron.
    Is this trolling? My last response will be about this.
    Waiters has only turned into a good role player since last year's postseason.
    Thompson is very good, but not the 2nd best player on a good team. You know this.
    Bennett... Who cares where he was picked. A Complete bust, not even an injury related bust, dude is not NBA material. Once again, you know this, or I hope for the sake of your BBall knowledge that you do.
    Zeller is decent, probably not a starter on a team without a top 5 player.
    Karasev... I liked him prior to that draft, but get out of here with that mention lol. What is he doing now Grimp? What playoff team is he contributing on?

And Thompson is not ideal for a 4th pick in the draft. People usually want a near franchise player, and Tristian is nowhere near that. That being said, I do think he's always been solid.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ichi For This Useful Post:

Is this trolling? My last response will be about this.
    Waiters has only turned into a good role player since last year's postseason.
    Thompson is very good, but not the 2nd best player on a good team. You know this.
    Bennett... Who cares where he was picked. A Complete bust, not even an injury related bust, dude is not NBA material. Once again, you know this, or I hope for the sake of your BBall knowledge that you do.
    Zeller is decent, probably not a starter on a team without a top 5 player.
    Karasev... I liked him prior to that draft, but get out of here with that mention lol. What is he doing now Grimp? What playoff team is he contributing on?

And Thompson is not ideal for a 4th pick in the draft. People usually want a near franchise player, and Tristian is nowhere near that. That being said, I do think he's always been solid.

Well my overall point on the whole convo was yes Kyrie is talented. Maybe he would've evolved into a superstar eventually. But when you have multiple top picks around you and you still can't get into the playoffs until Lebron arrives. It says Kyrie lucked out. Love did also. So did a lot of people. Including people in Miami. Mario Chalmers looked a lot better with Lebron there than he ever did without him. Lebron really does make players around him better. That's good for him, but for the players? It's kind of a knock on their ability to pull themselves up and build a resume before they team up with Lebron. Wade and Bosh did that. Love and Kyrie did not. So for better or worse, one has to wonder how different things would be for a lot of players on the Cavs roster (JR Smith included) if Lebron had stayed in Miami.

Kyrie is as good offensively as any guard in the league. Perhaps the best shot maker.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

13. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Wade and to a lesser extent Bosh both had much better rosters around them when they led their teams to the olayoffs

Curry is better than Irving. He actually makes his teammates better. Irving is scoring point guard.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BornIndy07 For This Useful Post:

Kyrie lucking out and having LeBron as a teammate says absolutely nothing about the caliber of player he is.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure Irving is a 'leader' of a team, but he's more than good enough to be any team's best player and make the playoffs.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post: