Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast
Results 601 to 625 of 640

Thread: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

  1. #601

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After jinxing game one with your prediction, I see what you're doing here
    No I really felt like we were winning game 1. If you could see my bets you would see. Tonight I knew we were not winning. Hell I risked $1290 to win $300 on Cleveland ML.

    We are winning Game 3.

  2. #602
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,769

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kyrie isn't great. Seriously?
    He can score. But be honest, if Lebron doesn't return to Cleveland that Summer? That fateful Summer? Where does Kyrie end up? Does he end up getting traded? Does he get traded to a winner, or a loser? Is he still just another guy putting up strong numbers on a bad team? By the way. The reason Kyrie can roam offensively is because Love and Lebron ARE there. But what if they weren't? Paul is our only mega offensive player and he still dropped over 25 tonight. Without LBJ and K. Love on the floor or on the same team as he is, Kyrie probably doesn't have these big games.

  3. #603

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LeBron hasn't looked quite as dominant as in years past. I think he's lost a tiny bit. It would be interesting. I just hate it when people think PG isn't a franchise player because he's not LeBron. Great, he's arguably a Top 3 player of all-time so it's an unfair comparison.
    problem is, Paul is a legit franchise player. In an era where it takes 2 or more franchise type guys, and then great depth behind them, to seriously compete..... everyone wanted stars to try harder to be all about wins and championships, and legacy for years..... now that they are doing it, and it doesn't fit the fan's idea/agenda, the fans are starting to whine..... craziness...... I still loathe superteams though.......

  4. #604
    Peace Dog D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sonic Temple
    Posts
    9,064

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give the Pacers LeBron and let them keep Irving and Love and it's a different series...
    Give them Paul and us Lebron and we still have a shot to win the series. Nothing against Paul, but the King is just that good. Then add Kyrie, a couple energy bangers, and a host of guys that are automatic from 3 and it's championship.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  5. #605
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    33,059

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This loss is on Myles Turner. Got chumped by Thompson on the glass. 36 minutes, our starting center got 5 lousy rebounds. More concerned about scoring points than doing his job, which is rebounding. Wonder if Detroit would move Drummond for Myles
    I was wondering that same thing watching this game. SVG is on edge with Drummond and will probably shop him for any cheap young player he can find with promise.

    Bird would probably jump at the chance to dump monta and al jefferson in the same deal....this seems strangely possible.
    Last edited by Kstat; 04-18-2017 at 07:44 AM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  6. #606
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,800
    Mood

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unlike Paul there wasn't a big 3 standing in Lebron's way during his first trip to the finals.
    Yeah but Paul wouldnt have made it out of the first round with that roster
    Lifelong pacers fan

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:


  8. #607

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh ya they are trying to get the Cavs to cover here. It's so obvious.
    Nah, they wanted Pacers to cover. Lost Cavs 2h, bullshi+

  9. #608

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    I would like clear something up. Sports isn't rigged....The betting is rigged. That's why I play

    Although, I think there is some "rigging" that goes on because of marketing. Not sure why it's hard to believe though. They are greedy! We are about too see advertisement on jerseys. I don't care if it has no effect on the game, that should not be touched.

  10. #609

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No I really felt like we were winning game 1. If you could see my bets you would see. Tonight I knew we were not winning. Hell I risked $1290 to win $300 on Cleveland ML.

    We are winning Game 3.
    Yeah.... Don't do that. Not smart, you'll get popped sooner or later

  11. #610
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    3,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was wondering that same thing watching this game. SVG is on edge with Drummond and will probably shop him for any cheap young player he can find with promise.

    Bird would probably jump at the chance to dump monta and al jefferson in the same deal....this seems strangely possible.
    Sounds good to me. Make the deal, bring in Rick Barry to teach Drummond how to shoot FTs, move Myles to PF and we're good to go.

  12. #611
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,659

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds good to me. Make the deal, bring in Rick Barry to teach Drummond how to shoot FTs, move Myles to PF and we're good to go.
    I think the idea is trading Myles and one of our dead weight contracts (pun very much intended) for Drummond--something I have absolutely no interest in doing.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  14. #612
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    3,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the idea is trading Myles and one of our dead weight contracts (pun very much intended) for Drummond--something I have absolutely no interest in doing.
    Then it is not a good idea.

    We could send them Joe Young and Ellis...then they would have Young, Ellis...he was pretty decent.

  15. #613
    Administrator Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the idea is trading Myles and one of our dead weight contracts (pun very much intended) for Drummond--something I have absolutely no interest in doing.
    I would be tempted to pull the trigger on that deal. We need to win now, and Drummond would help with that.

  16. #614
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,162

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Drummond is not the answer at center, I rather get Plumlee.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  18. #615
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,659

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be tempted to pull the trigger on that deal. We need to win now, and Drummond would help with that.
    Drummond is very overrated.

  19. #616
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    27,807

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without LBJ and K. Love on the floor or on the same team as he is, Kyrie probably doesn't have these big games.
    Guy averages 22.5 in his second year with a roster full of **** and grimpy argues Kyrie is a product of LeBron and Love. Just stop talking.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  21. #617

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    If the Lakers get a top 2 pick I think the writing is on the wall. PG is setting himself up to be moved. Lakers will be sending us their top 2 pick + players.

    PG's final game as a Pacer is closer than you all think/want. Cherish these final 2-3 games & enjoy him while you can. Better chance he's moved this summer than resigns.

  22. #618
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,769

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guy averages 22.5 in his second year with a roster full of **** and grimpy argues Kyrie is a product of LeBron and Love. Just stop talking.
    He is. Without Love and Lebron to worry about you could double Kyrie easy.

  23. #619
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    17,400

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    If you're talking about needing to consistently double a guy, he's probably pretty special offensively

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  25. #620
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,769

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you're talking about needing to consistently double a guy, he's probably pretty special offensively
    If you put a bigger player on him you probably don't need to double. Either way, I am not nor have I ever been really impressed with Kyrie. Dame has at least gotten Portland into the playoffs in most of his years as a Blazer. Kyrie needed to team up with the best player in the league to get to the playoffs for the first time.

  26. #621
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    8,030

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    It's weird, I agree the rosters isn't very good. I agree the coaching isn't very good. But I also think the Cavs are going to the Finals, and yet we've lost two close games. I also think we should have won at least one of them.

    It feels like most the board thinks these things, and yet all these things can't be true.

  27. #622
    Member BenR1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Fredonia, NY
    Posts
    3,408

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guy averages 22.5 in his second year with a roster full of **** and grimpy argues Kyrie is a product of LeBron and Love. Just stop talking.
    Heck, I'd even argue that without Kyrie playing that we probably take the first two games of this series easily. We don't have a single guard on our roster that can keep him in check. He got to the hoop at will last night and when your point guard has that ability, he's opening things up for the rest of the team. Grimp's got it completely backwards.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:


  29. #623
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    17,400

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you put a bigger player on him you probably don't need to double. Either way, I am not nor have I ever been really impressed with Kyrie. Dame has at least gotten Portland into the playoffs in most of his years as a Blazer. Kyrie needed to team up with the best player in the league to get to the playoffs for the first time.
    Prior to Lebron, who was his best teammate? Washed up Deng? Young Thompson or Waiters?

    Dude just cooked Teague for damn near 40. Had 40 in a finals game last year AND hit the game winner in game 7. Rie is a baller

  30. #624
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,769

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Prior to Lebron, who was his best teammate? Washed up Deng? Young Thompson or Waiters?

    Dude just cooked Teague for damn near 40. Had 40 in a finals game last year AND hit the game winner in game 7. Rie is a baller
    He has talent, sure. But the honest truth is without Lebron coming back to Cleveland he'd probably be in another uniform right now. Playoff appearances would be questionable at best. Same with Kevin Love.

  31. #625
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    27,807

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you put a bigger player on him you probably don't need to double. Either way, I am not nor have I ever been really impressed with Kyrie. Dame has at least gotten Portland into the playoffs in most of his years as a Blazer. Kyrie needed to team up with the best player in the league to get to the playoffs for the first time.
    Damian Lillard only has big games because he plays with CJ McCollum.

    I commend your ability to take abuse and not miss a beat but seriously, just stop.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •