Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you need to check LeBron's first Finals roster again.

Brown, Shannon 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) 205 lb (93 kg) Michigan State
    PG 1 United States Gibson, Daniel 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m) 190 lb (86 kg) Texas
    PF 90 United States Gooden, Drew 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m) 250 lb (113 kg) Kansas
    SG 32 United States Hughes, Larry 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m) 184 lb (83 kg) Saint Louis
    C 11 Lithuania Ilgauskas, Zydrunas 7 ft 3 in (2.21 m) 260 lb (118 kg) Lithuania
    SF 23 United States James, LeBron (C) 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m) 240 lb (109 kg) St. Vincent-St. Mary's
    PG 19 United States Jones, Damon 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) 190 lb (86 kg) Houston
    C 27 United States Jones, Dwayne 6 ft 11 in (2.11 m) 251 lb (114 kg) Saint Joseph's
    PF 24 United States Marshall, Donyell 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m) 230 lb (104 kg) Connecticut
    SF 14 United States Newble, Ira 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) 220 lb (100 kg) Miami (OH)
    SG 3 Serbia Pavlović, Aleksandar 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) 210 lb (95 kg) Serbia
    C 31 United States Pollard, Scot 6 ft 11 in (2.11 m) 265 lb (120 kg) Kansas
    PG 20 United States Snow, Eric (C) 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) 205 lb (93 kg) Michigan State
    PF 17 Brazil Varej„o, Anderson 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m) 240 lb (109 kg) Brazil
    SG 4 United States Wesley, David

TONS OF HELP
    I stand corrected. He could not win a Championship without help...and could not make multiple Finals without help.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 4/17/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #2: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

That was some MAJOR ******** by the refs late. WOW.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    The NBA is fixed. No way were the stripes going to let up beat Cleveland. Small market bias
    If the NBA was fixing this game, they'd fix it for us! The Cavs are the heavy heavy favorites, giving us a split would extend the series and make everyone more money. You can say the refs suck, but no way the league rigs this game for Cleveland.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LongTimePacerFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    That was some MAJOR ******** by the refs late. WOW.
    Ready for a good ole fashion Pacers L2MR?
    #LanceEffect

7. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ichi View Post
    LeBron made it to the Finals before having a single a superstar on his team. Less talent than Paul has now.
    Unlike Paul there wasn't a big 3 standing in Lebron's way during his first trip to the finals.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    The NBA is fixed. No way were the stripes going to let up beat Cleveland. Small market bias
    I think it's more of protecting the face of the NBA no matter what team they play in the playoffs can't have them making a deep run bad for business I guess

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    I stand corrected. He could not win a Championship without help...and could not make multiple Finals without help.
    Nobody wins titles by themselves. Every great player needs to play with great players.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    If Paul got the calls Lebron gets, and Lebron gets the calls that Paul gets, maybe...
    That's a league issue though. What annoys me about the refs, in particular? This "20k fine for bad mouthing the officials?" EVERYONE in the NBA either puts in "work" or moves weight. The whole tree... from ticket buyers, jersey buyers, players who train, hit the weight room, learn the plays. Coaches and staff who work hard to prepare their players and cook up strategies. Front office people who scout talent and spend hours on the phone trying to finalize trades and signings. Everyone in the NBA tree puts in work or moves product except...... the referees.

You know what the refs do when they land in a host city? They go and........ EAT. At a steakhouse, a bar and grill, or some pancake of waffle house. These guys a lot of them are old and flabby. Their profession allows them to sprint the floor with the best athletes in the world. In total? The NBA pays these guys to exercise. Literally! Their job is to get some exercise. Without the NBA a lot of these refs wouldn't be aging very well and would be 50 or more pounds heavier than they are now. Yet despite existing at the bottom of the NBA tree as far as value is concerned. Players or coaches would be fined more money for uttering one bad word or sentence about them, than they would a rival player.... team.... or coach. What kind of screwed up system is that?

How big of a market do you think Cleveland is?
    The market argument was just the wrong argument. Idk if it's rigged but you KNOW Lebron losing in R1 costs the league a ton of money. I know you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichi View Post
    LeBron made it to the Finals before having a single a superstar on his team. Less talent than Paul has now.
    LeBron's also arguably a Top 3 player in NBA history as it stands.

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    I don't know. 8 turnovers is not very impressive.

Give Paul, Irving and Love and this is a different series.
    Give the Pacers LeBron and let them keep Irving and Love and it's a different series...
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    The market argument was just the wrong argument. Idk if it's rigged but you KNOW Lebron losing in R1 costs the league a ton of money. I know you know that.
    If they are rigging the system for LeBron, I think they would wait until the Cavs were actually in some danger of losing (or even falling behind). They have led probably 90% of the minutes in this series and have kept the Pacers at arm's length most of the time.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    If the NBA was fixing this game, they'd fix it for us! The Cavs are the heavy heavy favorites, giving us a split would extend the series and make everyone more money. You can say the refs suck, but no way the league rigs this game for Cleveland.
    Of course they'd rig it for Cleveland. The NBA has a lot of advertising and sponsor dollars tied up in a Cavs/Warriors Finals. They've been promoting the thing since the beginning of the season. No way the league allows anyone to screw up their "main event."

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    I think they moreso consistently protect stars. Lebron will always get more calls than anyone. Paul and Kyrie are both next tier of superstardom and get a lot of calls as well. It's just frustrating when you are playing the face of the league with a very well known sidekick in the NBA. You know they'll get calls. It's how the league has always worked. Jordan was treated the same with Pippen.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Whenever the Paul George era ends in Indiana, I'll probably stop watching the NBA. I'm tired of the blatant bias and ****-poor officiating. It's been going on for decades and I've had enough.
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

If they are rigging the system for LeBron, I think they would wait until the Cavs were actually in some danger of losing (or even falling behind). They have led probably 90% of the minutes in this series and have kept the Pacers at arm's length most of the time.
    That's fine that is your opinion. Again I wasn't the one pushing "rigged" I mostly push star treatment. I'm just saying you were nitpicking with the Cleveland isn't a big market argument. Lebron in himself has the biggest fan base and hating fans that'll tune in to root against him. He makes the league money more than moving a bigger market forward. So if it's rigged - you can bet it'll be Warriors vs Cavs.

Nobody wins titles by themselves. Every great player needs to play with great players.
    True but Love and Kyrie are not great players. They have talent but what were they doing before Lebron assembled them and as a result rescued their careers? Kyrie pre-Lebron returning to "The Land," was in trade rumors every other month. Kevin Love was putting up INSANE numbers on a Minnesota team that failed to make the playoffs every season he led them. Neither Love or Kyrie accomplished anything before Lebron returned to "The Land." It falls in line with the other players on that roster.

The Knicks couldn't wait to get rid of knucklehead JR and often-injured Iman Shumpert. Deron Williams has fallen so far, Korver was a corpse in Atlanta. Lebron is the career whisperer literally. He resurrects and returns players careers and fortunes from beyond the grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    True but Love and Kyrie are not great players. They have talent but what were they doing before Lebron assembled them and as a result rescued their careers? Kyrie pre-Lebron returning to "The Land," was in trade rumors every other month. Kevin Love was putting up INSANE numbers on a Minnesota team that failed to make the playoffs every season he led them. Neither Love or Kyrie accomplished anything before Lebron returned to "The Land." It falls in line with the other players on that roster.

The Knicks couldn't wait to get rid of knucklehead JR and often-injured Iman Shumpert. Deron Williams has fallen so far, Korver was a corpse in Atlanta. Lebron is the career whisperer literally. He resurrects and returns players careers and fortunes from beyond the grave.
    Kyrie was pretty young for you to be saying he should have pushed those awful rosters to the playoffs.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't think the officiating overall was as bad as Game 1. Those phantom ******** calls were downright demoralizing and costly.
    Last edited by Pacersalltheway10; 04-17-2017 at 09:50 PM.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Kyrie was pretty young for you to be saying he should have pushed those awful rosters to the playoffs.
    The Cavs had multiple high draft picks around him. Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, Tyler Zeller. They even brought in Luol Deng at one point. Kyrie just wasn't good enough. Guy has talent, obviously. But he is not great. If Lebron had never returned to Cleveland. Who knows how Kyrie's story would've gone and where it would be at by now.

You can double team one star (see Cavs tonight). Problem is, Pacers can't double team 3 stars (Lebron, Irving, and Love) and right now you can't tell me what Teague and Turner are on Love and Irving's level because it's not close.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kyrie isn't great. Seriously?
    https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

Change is neither good or bad, it simply is.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    The Cavs had multiple high draft picks around him. Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, Tyler Zeller. They even brought in Luol Deng at one point. Kyrie just wasn't good enough. Guy has talent, obviously. But he is not great. If Lebron had never returned to Cleveland. Who knows how Kyrie's story would've gone and where it would be at by now.
    Read those names again then look at our roster minus PG and tell me again why you'd expect a young Kyrie to take them to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    You can double team one star (see Cavs tonight). Problem is, Pacers can't double team 3 stars (Lebron, Irving, and Love) and right now you can't tell me what Teague and Turner are on Love and Irving's level because it's not close.
    I don't think PG is on Lebrons level. But this is exactly why I think it's closer than people think. If you put Paul on the Cavs and give us Lebron do you guys think we win this series or no? I think that's an interesting question to ask yourself when crowning Lebron the greatest ever.

I don't think PG is on Lebrons level. But this is exactly why I think it's closer than people think. If you put Paul on the Cavs and give us Lebron do you guys think we win this series or no? I think that's an interesting question to ask yourself when crowning Lebron the greatest ever.
    LeBron hasn't looked quite as dominant as in years past. I think he's lost a tiny bit. It would be interesting. I just hate it when people think PG isn't a franchise player because he's not LeBron. Great, he's arguably a Top 3 player of all-time so it's an unfair comparison.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post: