Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Results 501 to 524 of 524

Thread: Post game-Wrong Ending

  1. #501
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,965

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Considering that Cleveland didn't play all that well and hit less than 58% of their FTs, I think there could be a case made.
    Whoa, didn't play all that well?



  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  3. #502
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no such thing as an open shot at the end of regulation in a playoff game which is the core issue with having CJ shoot it. It's not that I hate CJ I just don't believe in his game.
    That's his game though. Shooting 3's... streakiness be damned. Whether it was a broken or designed play, it was the next best option after Paul George was double teamed. If Paul George would have taken the contested shot and missed, people would be *****ing how he's not clutch and coaches need to stop running the PG ISO plays.
    Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 04-17-2017 at 04:56 PM.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  5. #503
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    58
    Posts
    17,028

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whoa, didn't play all that well?
    You forget. The Pacers NEVER play well. If they win, they got lucky.

    The Pacers have never beaten another team in many of these folks' minds - they've only had teams mess up against them.
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  7. #504
    Rebirth. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    3,239

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't have a problem with the shot.


    But CJ's shot was not what I consider an open shot. He dribble once and shot fakes before he went up. Show me a video of CJ making a similar shot this whole season.
    Bingo. Exactly. CJM is quintessential catch and shoot. As soon as he moved, I got very concerned. It's just simply not his game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  8. #505
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    58
    Posts
    17,028

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bingo. Exactly. CJM is quintessential catch and shoot. As soon as he moved, I got very concerned. It's just simply not his game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two or three guys I just want to yell "Don't think, meat - just shoot!"
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  9. #506
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bingo. Exactly. CJM is quintessential catch and shoot. As soon as he moved, I got very concerned. It's just simply not his game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yet, people are more comfortable with Paul George attempting to dribble out of a double team to shoot a contested shot over two defenders from way out.

    I don't get this board some days.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  11. #507
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,053

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bingo. Exactly. CJM is quintessential catch and shoot. As soon as he moved, I got very concerned. It's just simply not his game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    It should have been Monta, that is his game.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  12. #508
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,580

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The reason they can go all in on PG defensively at the end of the game is because they know PG doesn't make good decisions when double teamed at the end of games and he doesn't have the ability to dribble out of a double team.
    I agree generally... But the truth is, passing out of the double team to CJ was a decent decision. CJ got a decent look. Really, with the way the play appeared designed, the defense, and the way things played out, it was IMO THE play to make for PG. There wasn't time to get the ball back, and it would've been a circus shot if he had've gotten it back or shot instead of pass.
    And we needed 2 points to win, not 3. No need in a long prayer anyway.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  14. #509
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's his game though. Shooting 3's... streakiness be damned. Whether it was a broken or designed play, it was the next best option after Paul George was double teamed. If Paul George would have taken the contested shot and missed, people would be *****ing how he's not clutch and coaches need to stop running the PG ISO plays.
    But if he wasn't on the floor someone, Teague or Monta or Lance, might have got off a better shot. CJ is a catch and shoot garbage time player He isn't a prime time guy.

  15. #510
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But if he wasn't on the floor someone, Teague or Monta or Lance, might have got off a better shot. CJ is a catch and shoot garbage time player He isn't a prime time guy.
    Define "better" shot.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  16. #511
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So do we just save everyone money and forfeit the two home games? That'd be good for the league to have a rested LeBron for Round 2, it would give the TV crews some time off, and it would save Pacer fans from futilely cheering for a team that already lost the 3-game series.
    Its still a nice night out in good spring weather, so I wouldn't say forfeit the games. A couple of wins would be nice to build on in the future, plus the games give people a good look at Lebron. Obviously there's literally zero chance that we could win 4 out of 5 against them in an 0-2 hole though.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  18. #512
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,053

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  20. #513
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Define "better" shot.
    In that context any shots attempted by any of those three other players. I will make a deal with you how about we let this series play out and see how they do and then revisit this?

  21. #514
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,053

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    I'm with Kmart





    Kmart is saying Lance was the designated double off guy, Cleveland wanted him to take the shot.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 04-17-2017 at 05:56 PM.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  22. #515
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In that context any shots attempted by any of those three other players. I will make a deal with you how about we let this series play out and see how they do and then revisit this?
    The context of the situation shows they weren't open at the time of the pass to CJ...maybe Lance, but there's the argument that he didn't come up high enough for Paul George to make a safe pass to him.


    Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

  23. #516
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    17,355

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quick question.

    Pacers trail by 1 point - end of game who on the current roster do you want to take an open 18 ft shot
    Paul....







    Monta
    Turner (if wide open)
    CJ (again if wide open)

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  25. #517
    Rebirth. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    3,239

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its still a nice night out in good spring weather, so I wouldn't say forfeit the games. A couple of wins would be nice to build on in the future, plus the games give people a good look at Lebron. Obviously there's literally zero chance that we could win 4 out of 5 against them in an 0-2 hole though.
    A long overdue big game from Turner and the return of GRIII have me feeling optimistic tonight. I think there's decent odds we pull one out tonight.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  26. #518
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    17,355

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whoa, didn't play all that well?


    Outside of their big 3, I dont feel anyone played at a level theyre capable of.

    Korver barely played and he typically always kills the Pacers. Kyrie shot a terrible percentage on a lot of good looks, etc.

    I feel they could play a lot better. Feel free to disagree, we will see in about an hour

  27. #519
    Rebirth. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    3,239

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Outside of their big 3, I dont feel anyone played at a level theyre capable of.

    Korver barely played and he typically always kills the Pacers. Kyrie shot a terrible percentage on a lot of good looks, etc.

    I feel they could play a lot better. Feel free to disagree, we will see in about an hour
    Same could be said for us. Bottom line for me is that we took a lot of good punches from them and climbed back into the games outcome being in our hands.

    That is not something I would have expected from the team from a month ago. We were lifeless, confused, and poorly cohesive. I was overall proud of their performance for game 1, tbh.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  28. #520
    #LanceEffect TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,507

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quick question.

    Pacers trail by 1 point - end of game who on the current roster do you want to take an open 18 ft shot
    This is going to be a controversial response, but I am actually being serious.

    Obviously, if it's truly as you say: an open 18 footer. The answer is Paul George.

    My #2 - truthfully? It might be Al Jefferson. Again - we're NOT discussing all the intangibles of "how tired are they? How many minutes have they played? Are they coming into the game cold? etc..."

    If you just said to me: One 18 footer to win a game. Aside from Paul - I think that Al might be one of the more reliable vets to not get totally rattled and panic.

    I don't expect many to agree with me. Frankly, I am kind of just throwing it out there to play devil's advocate. But I think there's some merit to it.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  30. #521

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is going to be a controversial response, but I am actually being serious.

    Obviously, if it's truly as you say: an open 18 footer. The answer is Paul George.

    My #2 - truthfully? It might be Al Jefferson. Again - we're NOT discussing all the intangibles of "how tired are they? How many minutes have they played? Are they coming into the game cold? etc..."

    If you just said to me: One 18 footer to win a game. Aside from Paul - I think that Al might be one of the more reliable vets to not get totally rattled and panic.

    I don't expect many to agree with me. Frankly, I am kind of just throwing it out there to play devil's advocate. But I think there's some merit to it.
    Make it 14-16 feet and I could get down with your theory.

    Regardless, we pissed away a few possessions before CJ's shot. CJ should've taken an extra second to collect himself, but it still shouldn't have come down to CJ making or missing a game winner. Either way, a 7 seed vs. LeBron in Cleveland coming down to a last second shot for the win is decent at worst.

    Don't get blown out tonight and I'm happy. Fight like hell to have another chance to win, I'm ecstatic. Protect home court and I'm touching myself.
    Last edited by dgranger17; 04-17-2017 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Johnathan Hankins

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to dgranger17 For This Useful Post:


  32. #522
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,793
    Mood

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, that it's mostly a talent issue. The supporting cast of Irving and Love is still superior to Teague and Turner right now. The fact that Lance was probably our second best player yesterday, who was signed off the street just a few weeks ago says all you need to know.
    This is extremely misleading. You make it sound like our entire roster outside of PG should be in the d-league. I'd prefer to say:

    Wow, what a pickup in lance stephenson! We signed him for next to nothing and he is arguably our second best player on our roster - which includes Jeff Teague who is almost certainly a top 40-50 player in the league. Good job by larry to get us a major contributing piece for the playoffs on a tenth man salary!
    Lifelong pacers fan

  33. #523
    #LanceEffect TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,507

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't get blown out tonight and I'm happy. Fight like hell to have another chance to win, I'm ecstatic. Protect home court and I'm touching myself.
    So many memes, I can't choose just one.

    Seriously though, you're right. We really DO need to win tonight - but, going down 0-2 and protecting home court... Crazier things have happened.

    But...

  34. #524
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    17,355

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same could be said for us. Bottom line for me is that we took a lot of good punches from them and climbed back into the games outcome being in our hands.

    That is not something I would have expected from the team from a month ago. We were lifeless, confused, and poorly cohesive. I was overall proud of their performance for game 1, tbh.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ehh idk. Lance and Monta can't okay much better. I expect Paul to play at a high level but he had a great game. Thad was Thad. Teague was Teague (shot terribly but drew a few 3pt FTA). Turner was okay, and could play better but its a lot to expect him to play a GREAT game.

    Trust me, I'd like to be wrong

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •