Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Post game-Wrong Ending

Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's pissing me off to see the refs let players play most of the time in the other playoff games, but the Pacers couldn't even breathe near someone without getting a foul called on them.
    I did not like seeing the Cavs pushing off with no calls and the Pacers, including Paul George, doing the same thing but not as bad...and getting called. That first half was the worst I've seen in awhile. I am not at all the type to complain about refs either.

Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    It's pissing me off to see the refs let players play most of the time in the other playoff games, but the Pacers couldn't even breathe near someone without getting a foul called on them.
    NBA won't ever allow coaches challenges like the NFL does. There's a reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    I'd get on board with this pending who then guards Love. Insert Lavoy or Seraphin at starting PF? Play Thad/PG at 2/3 (3/2 - whatever). Might be worth at try. Or Lance replaces Monta with starters. However, it significantly weakens bench.
    We had Lance guarding Love for stretches last game. I don't recall Love ever punishing us for it. That's definitely an option.

I've got $ on this series going 6 or 7 games. I don't think we are winning tomorrow. So do you guys think there is any chance we win Game 3 & 4? If we lose 1 of our home games then it ends in 5. Game 3 is a must win

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    I just really feel like we will win by 10+ tomorrow
    Keep up the optimism.

I legit feel like yesterday was the team's best chance. Kyrie missed a lot of shots he normally makes, and will continue to get good looks with the Pacers abysmal PG defense.

Teague could play a lot better, but Paul, Lance, Monta, and Seraphan can't play much better. And if any of them have a worse games than yesterday, it could be tough.

Tomorrows game is the series

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    I've got $ on this series going 6 or 7 games. I don't think we are winning tomorrow. So do you guys think there is any chance we win Game 3 & 4? If we lose 1 of our home games then it ends in 5. Game 3 is a must win
    Game 3 is a must win because we've already lost game 2 that will be played tomorrow?
    That is some pessimism right there!
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

...I get what you're saying but that is pretty much true in any series. Teams need to win on their homecourt.
    Or as UB will tell you, a series doesn't really begin until a team loses on their homecourt.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Keep up the optimism.

I legit feel like yesterday was the team's best chance. Kyrie missed a lot of shots he normally makes, and will continue to get good looks with the Pacers abysmal PG defense.

Teague could play a lot better, but Paul, Lance, Monta, and Seraphan can't play much better. And if any of them have a worse games than yesterday, it could be tough.

If they shorten the rotation and play bigger, they have a shot:

Paul - 42
    Lance - 42
    Turner - 35
    Thad - 35
    Teague - 25
    Monta - 25
    Seraphin - 20
    Lavoy - 8
    CJ - 8

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Keep up the optimism.

That's a silly way to look at it. The Cavs were 40% from 3 53% FG, Kyrie makes or not, if they BETTER those numbers they are unbeatable.

Pacers can play better defense, I don't think the Cavs can. We'll probably keep getting good offense from our guys because Cavs D is terrible.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Let me say, I don't think tomorrow is the series, should we lose tomorrow, Game 3 is the series. We are a good homecourt team with fans that rock BLF in the playoffs for a team that brings and goes absolutely bonkers for Lance. If we can't win at home we're doomed.

But I feel a win tomorrow.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Pacers can play better defense, I don't think the Cavs can. We'll probably keep getting good offense from our guys because Cavs D is terrible.
    This is the way I look at. We came out and played a defensive scheme against Lebron that we haven't done all year. Lost by 1. Cavs played D pretty much how they always do. I expect Nate to utilize both switches and going under the screen tomorrow. Along with some hard blitzes on the ball handler. We just gotta close better on the corner 3. No reason to give them open shot.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

I don't think we could play worse on defense, but I'm prepared to be proven wrong.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LG33 View Post
    I don't think we could play worse on defense, but I'm prepared to be proven wrong.
    Don't hold your breath mate.
    https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

Change is neither good or bad, it simply is.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a really good feeling about the Pacers defense tomorrow.

One day later and Paul explains his comments after the game about the final play and re-evaluates things after watching replay... CJ Miles gives his thoughts on PG's comments post game.
    Bird comments on last play as well.
    And it sounds like nobody's feelings were hurt.
    http://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-...1-in-cleveland

------

-John Wooden

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

We needed Lance to make the pass to Lance or it would have been intercepted. I do think we missed a great opportunity but they are NOT going to shoot like that every game. I think we can win tonight, if so and can hold the home court who knows. I am actually more believing in their prospects than I was before the game.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    One day later and Paul explains his comments after the game about the final play and re-evaluates things after watching replay... CJ Miles gives his thoughts on PG's comments post game.
    Bird comments on last play as well.
    And it sounds like nobody's feelings were hurt.
    http://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-...1-in-cleveland
    Larry Bird said
    “I made that exact play before, a Game 4 against the Lakers (in the NBA Finals), exact same play, I had the ball in the exact same place as Paul. I got doubled, I swung it to D.J. Johnson – now, C.J. is a much better shooter – but D.J. makes the shot. You’ve got to make that play in that situation."
    Dennis Johnson. A great clutch player. Give it to clutch players in the last seconds. D.J. not C.J. "Deeee" The tongue touches the back of the top teeth, making a short, punctuated sound.
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

I am certain I would rather have DJ shooting that shot. Funny Bird say CJ is a much better shooter. Not in the clutch and it's not close. Let's see how he performs in the 4th quarter the rest of the way. I expect CJ to make some shots. Just not pressure shots you need to convert to advance.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Larry Bird said

Dennis Johnson. A great clutch player. Give it to clutch players in the last seconds. D.J. not C.J. "Deeee" The tongue touches the back of the top teeth, making a short, punctuated sound.
    Kudos on your sig, McKey: powerfully succinct. Well done -- both times!

"I think if he is and we pass on Leaf we'd be some dumb mother ****ers."

- Larry Bird to Kevin Pritchard before their pick on Draft Day

29. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

I think the Pacers are a one man team, many of you probably believe that too. But I am not sure we really know how much the Pacers are a one man team.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....ml#incart_2box

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I think the Pacers are a one man team, many of you probably believe that too. But I am not sure we really know how much the Pacers are a one man team.

This is silly to me. We had 5 guys in double figures. Lance was huge. Teague and Turner were contributors and our bench played well and we lost by a point.

Then Cleveland writers think we don't have a team because we don't have Lebron to bring a big 3 together?

Their right though, we don't have the luxury of a Kevin Love or a Kyrie Irving player behind PG, but we aren't a one man team.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Let me say, I don't think tomorrow is the series, should we lose tomorrow, Game 3 is the series. We are a good homecourt team with fans that rock BLF in the playoffs for a team that brings and goes absolutely bonkers for Lance. If we can't win at home we're doomed.

But I feel a win tomorrow.
    If we go down 0-2, there is no chance we win the series. Teams up 2-0 win like 80 something percent of the time, IIRC. We're not beating Lebron 4 out of 5 times if we go down 0-2. Zero chance.

Look at all the great Pacer teams who got in 0-2 holes during the 90's (to the Knicks, Magic, Bulls, Lakers) and never completely recovered.

Game 2 is the series. Honestly it feels like 2013 (though we aren't near as good as that team obviously). We blew Game 1 that year and played catch-up the rest of the way.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

We aren't a one man team nearly as much as we are made out to be. Cleveland is jusy lucky CJ didn't hit that shot - it was pretty close. Giving someone a 50/50 shot of winning the game isn't excellent strategy...its luck of the draw.
    Lifelong pacers fan

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    If we go down 0-2, there is no chance we win the series. Teams up 2-0 win like 80 something percent of the time, IIRC. We're not beating Lebron 4 out of 5 times if we go down 0-2. Zero chance.

Look at all the great Pacer teams who got in 0-2 holes during the 90's (to the Knicks, Magic, Bulls, Lakers) and never completely recovered.

Game 2 is the series. Honestly it feels like 2013 (though we aren't near as good as that team obviously). We blew Game 1 that year and played catch-up the rest of the way.
    Well, if historical stats are in play we never were really in the series to begin with. We have win our home games no matter what tonight IMO.

Sports Logo

We need a 2nd big star. I want Turner to turn into that and maybe he will but it will take time. We have a lot of 3rd best players not a single 2nd best.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post: