Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 524

Thread: Post game-Wrong Ending

  1. #376
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,051

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most of the better teams in the league have two at times even three bonafide AS players.

    Cle: Bron, Kyrie, Love
    Tor: Derozan, Lowry, Obama
    SA: Leonard, Aldridge
    LAC: Griffin, Paul, Jordan
    Utah: Hayward, Gobert
    Wash: Wall, Beal
    GS: KD, Thompson, Curry

    The better teams that dont have multiple all star players typically have a stronger supporting cast to play with their star (Boston and Houston come to mind)

    To me the Pacers have a great player in Paul. Two good but redundant pieces in Teague and Lance. And then a bunch of guys.

    Depth wise sure the team is right there. But talent towards the top of the rotation is lacking.

    This makes the margin for error much thinner, which is where the lack of superior coaching comes into play.
    Beal has never been an All Star, and I don't think Horford has clearly had a better year than Turner so who else do Celtics have besides IT that's a "bonafide all star" ?

    But I get your point, to be elite you need two All Stars. It's hard to get. We may have it next year in Myles and PG. We may convince Hayward to leave, but it's a tall order.

  2. #377
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,621

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by funk31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1st time in 12years period
    Not sure why it matters what he's previously done, when he's been a good shooter this season--you know the one we're actually still playing in.

  3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  4. #378
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,051

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    The people using CJ Miles stats from over 10 years ago to say he's a bad shooter are crazy.

  5. #379
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,051

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    I just really feel like we will win by 10+ tomorrow

  6. #380
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,925
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beal has never been an All Star, and I don't think Horford has clearly had a better year than Turner so who else do Celtics have besides IT that's a "bonafide all star" ?

    But I get your point, to be elite you need two All Stars. It's hard to get. We may have it next year in Myles and PG. We may convince Hayward to leave, but it's a tall order.
    The key is defensive players.

  7. #381
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,509
    Mood

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by funk31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1st time in 12years period

    What does that have to do with right now? The way he is shooting this season over an 82 game season is a more accurate projection of how he will shoot this year in the playoffs than stuff that happened years ago.
    Lifelong pacers fan

  8. #382
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,385

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most of the better teams in the league have two at times even three bonafide AS players.

    Cle: Bron, Kyrie, Love
    Tor: Derozan, Lowry, Ibaka
    SA: Leonard, Aldridge
    LAC: Griffin, Paul, Jordan
    Utah: Hayward, Gobert
    Wash: Wall, Beal
    GS: KD, Thompson, Curry

    The better teams that dont have multiple all star players typically have a stronger supporting cast to play with their star (Boston and Houston come to mind)

    To me the Pacers have a great player in Paul. Two good but redundant pieces in Teague and Lance. And then a bunch of guys.

    Depth wise sure the team is right there. But talent towards the top of the rotation is lacking.

    This makes the margin for error much thinner, which is where the lack of superior coaching comes into play.


    Ibaka just got to Toronto like 2 months ago. Their strong supporting cast is why they do so well in the regular season (Ross, Joseph, etc.). But they traded Ross for Ibaka and it's looking like a mistake now. Not to mention Lowry and Derozan always seem to choke in the playoffs.

    Washington was going nowhere with Wall and Beal. Actually adding Markieff and the emergence of Otto Porter Jr. is what has given them a great season. Their bench is still an issue though.

    In the case of Utah and the Clippers, one of those teams is going home in a few weeks so that argument would be null and void. Especially in the case of the Clippers who always dominate the reg. season but then choke in the playoffs.

    The Spurs haven't been thrilled with LMA since they got him. I imagine they still aren't. He's officially over the hill. But their coaching is why they win consistently.

    GSW, well obviously. Drafting high picks and the correct pieces. Job well done. Adding Durant was just overkill but if you're a Warriors fan, you're not complaining.

    The Cavs have gotten lucky with some desperate trades that will probably come back to bite them later on. But Love and Kyrie are talented. Except, without Lebron neither would be doing squat right now. We all know that. Lebron joined forces with Wade and Bosh in Miami.... he "rescued" Kyrie and K. Love. Big difference.
    Last edited by Grimp; 04-16-2017 at 04:48 PM.

  9. #383
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,813

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we, myself included, are overly critical. It happens when we watch so much of our players and see other players best.

    But I wouldn't say we have a drop in talents after 1-5, I think we still have put out our best players. Nate is doing a better job than last year BUT WE ARE STILL LETTING A DEEPER, BETTER TEAM PLAY THEIR BEST PLAYERS LONGER THAN US! It drives me crazy.

    Those 7 minutes Brooks played should have been split between Lance and Teague.
    See, why do you have to go and say that. You know it requires me to respond and then it turns into a Frank vs Nate pissing match. I've already said that coaching isn't the main problem. It wasn't last year either.

    But since I am obligated to defend Frank from these attacks I must point out that we are on game 1 of the first round. Frank's team won game 1 last season so your idea that Nate is doing better is flawed.

    But you and I can join hands and agree on the fact that we as a team tend to over rest our guys during playoff games and yes I agree that instead of Brooks (although to be blunt I think he got a little bit of a bum rap yesterday) we should have seen either Teague or Monta in that lineup (Lance was already in).


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  11. #384
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,051

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See, why do you have to go and say that. You know it requires me to respond and then it turns into a Frank vs Nate pissing match. I've already said that coaching isn't the main problem. It wasn't last year either.

    But since I am obligated to defend Frank from these attacks I must point out that we are on game 1 of the first round. Frank's team won game 1 last season so your idea that Nate is doing better is flawed.

    But you and I can join hands and agree on the fact that we as a team tend to over rest our guys during playoff games and yes I agree that instead of Brooks (although to be blunt I think he got a little bit of a bum rap yesterday) we should have seen either Teague or Monta in that lineup (Lance was already in).
    In my defense, I didn't say Vogel's name.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  13. #385

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just really feel like we will win by 10+ tomorrow
    I still feel like we should have won yesterday. Our defense improved in the second half so I'm hoping we can bottle that and bring it to game 2 for the entire game. We're going to need Lance/Teague to have good offensive games to take the pressure off of PG.

  14. #386
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    9,146

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    yep LeBron 42 minutes and lazy Paul 41 (it could of courze be 41.58 v 42.01 but hey)

    Also PG was open once CJ had the call about 3 feet behind the 3pt line with space and time to step into his shot, (you know the way he hardly ever misses?) which is the main reason he was angry, he simply wanted the ball back.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  15. #387
    Blow it up BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,164

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The people using CJ Miles stats from over 10 years ago to say he's a bad shooter are crazy.
    How about from 1 year ago? 10% from 3 in the playoffs when your calling card is shooting the 3...is NOT good. He had no business being on the floor at the end of that game.

  16. #388
    Blow it up BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,164

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lmao how the hell did Ibaka turn into Obama, idk?
    Letters are very close on the keyboard. Now we just need Grimp to make up a trade involving Serge Obama and Myles Trump. I'm sure he can do it.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

    pta

  18. #389
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,051

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yep LeBron 42 minutes and lazy Paul 41 (it could of courze be 41.58 v 42.01 but hey)

    Also PG was open once CJ had the call about 3 feet behind the 3pt line with space and time to step into his shot, (you know the way he hardly ever misses?) which is the main reason he was angry, he simply wanted the ball back.
    I wasn't trying to say PG was lazy, just that the Cavs, a deeper better teams, plays a shorter lineup and their best players more than we do after Game 1. It's crazy.

  19. #390
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,051

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about from 1 year ago? 10% from 3 in the playoffs when your calling card is shooting the 3...is NOT good. He had no business being on the floor at the end of that game.
    He had a bad series, no argument here on that. But he just had his best season of his career. He is a good shooter this year, period.

  20. #391
    Blow it up BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,164

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He had a bad series, no argument here on that. But he just had his best season of his career. He is a good shooter this year, period.
    I agree. I still do not trust him. If he had made that shot, I would start coming around. The issue though with CJ isn't so much his shooting. It's that he doesn't do anything else well. He cannot defend. He cannot pass. He cannot dribble. I guess he does at times make a nice short drive to the bucket. He can do that. But it's just not enough. He's not good at much IMO.

  21. #392
    Blow it up BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,164

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Meanwhile, Lance Stephenson leads the Indiana Pacers in 3 point shooting percentage. I just love stats.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  23. #393
    Peace Dog D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sonic Temple
    Posts
    8,944

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also Thad defended LeBron really well one on one. The same as he did Giannis a few games ago. I really want to see Thad guarding LeBron more as he's got the quickness and strength to defend him.
    I'd get on board with this pending who then guards Love. Insert Lavoy or Seraphin at starting PF? Play Thad/PG at 2/3 (3/2 - whatever). Might be worth at try. Or Lance replaces Monta with starters. However, it significantly weakens bench.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  24. #394
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    33,917

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't trying to say PG was lazy, just that the Cavs, a deeper better teams, plays a shorter lineup and their best players more than we do after Game 1. It's crazy.
    It's not about PG but more about the rest of the starters, last year vs Toronto some of the starters played less minutes than during the regular season.

    I have to see the numbers but I have a feeling every starter but PG played less minutes than their averaged yesterday.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  25. #395
    Peace Dog D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sonic Temple
    Posts
    8,944

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That seems to be a problem that goes back to Vogel as well. And PG isn't very good in those type of situations. I'm not all that thrilled with any play that requires PG dribbling the ball.
    Not from the top of the key as if he's a pg with the clock running down off a dead ball. If he receives the ball off movement from someone else to create something with 10 seconds I like it a lot better.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  27. #396

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Is tomorrow's game on TNT only?

  28. #397
    Blow it up BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,164

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd get on board with this pending who then guards Love. Insert Lavoy or Seraphin at starting PF? Play Thad/PG at 2/3 (3/2 - whatever). Might be worth at try. Or Lance replaces Monta with starters. However, it significantly weakens bench.
    We need to forget about bench vs. starters. We need to shorten the rotation and just play the best players. We have a very small margin of error.

    I do think losing the first game in Cleveland isn't all bad. It gives us a better shot at stealing game 2 and having some confidence and momentum as we move to our court.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  30. #398
    Peace Dog D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sonic Temple
    Posts
    8,944

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need to forget about bench vs. starters. We need to shorten the rotation and just play the best players. We have a very small margin of error.

    I do think losing the first game in Cleveland isn't all bad. It gives us a better shot at stealing game 2 and having some confidence and momentum as we move to our court.
    Defensively, we've got maybe 4, maybe 5 guys we can play against this team and be competitive. They can't play 48 minutes every night. That's the issue.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  31. #399
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,802

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meanwhile, Lance Stephenson leads the Indiana Pacers in 3 point shooting percentage. I just love stats.
    I think a "minimum number of shots" needs to factor into that, but you know that...
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  33. #400
    Member MUpaceSIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,216

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    It's pissing me off to see the refs let players play most of the time in the other playoff games, but the Pacers couldn't even breathe near someone without getting a foul called on them.

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MUpaceSIC For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •