Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 524

Thread: Post game-Wrong Ending

  1. #301
    Peace Dog D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sonic Temple
    Posts
    8,865

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just watched it again, PG had multiple seconds to attack JR before Lebron trapped him with the double.
    Yeah. All the action took entirely too long to be initiated. PG with the ball. Lance with the flash to the FT-line area. We were acting as if we had 20 second on the clock. It was under 10 when we inbounded. Unfortunately, just poor execution/decision making/strategy. I generally agree it would have been better to have Lance or Teague start with the ball in hopes of getting to PG in a position to shoot or make a quick move and shoot coming out of some screen action. But there just wasn't a lot of time.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  3. #302
    Peace Dog D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sonic Temple
    Posts
    8,865

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    We have no chance trying to outscore them in an offensive game. That was basically how the game yesterday unfolded. We have to try to tilt it some toward a defensive game and THEN try to outscore them. They're just that good scoring the ball. Bottom line is we have to be outstanding on offense and above average on defense - relative to yesterday and the season overall, which is a concern. Are we capable? We will have to overachieve. Myles, Thad, Teague, TJ, Brooks, Ellis, etc will have to find a way to play "tougher" and "meaner" defensively and on the boards.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  4. #303
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,788

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Nate is one of the worst Pacer coaches in my memory.

    This will sound dirty. But I think JOB is better.
    Oh, time is such a great healer.

    You have forgotten how horribly, terribly bad JOB was. His x's and o's were weird, but that was peanuts compared to the attitude and stubbornness.

  5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  6. #304
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,788

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't Paul George miss some game winning FTs a few games back??? Should Indiana start worrying about Paul George if gets to line to possibly win the game?

    We'll just have to agree to disagree. There's no way you're going to convince me a contested 3PT shot by Paul George was the better decision than a wide open shot from CJ Miles.
    I'm convinced. When it comes to those incredibly big moments, it's all about the mental game. PG has it. C.J. absolutely does not.

    Give C.J. that shot ten times and I say he misses it nine or ten times. Give PG a ridiculous three in traffic and he hits five of ten.

  7. #305
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,788

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys, I feel that we need to watch the full interview and not just rely on a short clip. Context is very important here. The full interview is posted in this very thread (page 6, post #141). I don't agree with how PG phrased this but I don't think that his intent was to blame CJ or anything. He was effectively saying what a lot of people are saying in the forum. When it comes to sink or swim situations we'd rather have the ball in our star's hands.
    We did have the ball in PG's hands at the end. They mega doubled him early. He had to give it up. If we needed a three, I can reluctantly agree that C.J. on the floor is the right decision. But I didn't like it here. Would rather have seen:

    PG
    Lance
    Monta
    Thad
    Seraphim

    These are all guys that can create something high percentage for two points.

    Unfortunately, the sole reason for not having C.J. in there is that he is a choker. You know it. I know it. We all know it. But it probably just don't work in a huddle at the end of the game. "C.J. take a seat. I know you're our best outside shooter, but you choke at the end of games. Monta you're in."

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  9. #306

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    It was pretty hilarious listening to Van Gundy, Jackson, Billups who clearly have barely watched a single Pacers game all year.

    Jackson even said he's never seen a 0 and a double 00 in the same team. We've had that all year Mark.

    And you could tell they were shocked with how good PG was- like they had forgotten or something.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:


  11. #307
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,788

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe he thought he executed but didn't get enough practice in? I do believe he failed to execute what should have been done.
    But if Lance flashed up immediately, wouldn't he ruin PG's chance to bust the double team? Doesn't that block up the area there?

  12. #308

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's funny, this was one of the few games I watched without being on the computer or checking Twitter throughout. When I came on PD, I expected to see two things above all else: 1) people killing McMedium and 2) people pissed off at the first half officiating
    Me too. We were thoroughly unprepared for their pick and rolls. I've never seen a playoff game with more than 5 occasions of players arguing after a blown assignment. There were over 5 in the first quarter alone.

    I mean, we're talking about how much better our switches were in the second half when Teague was switched onto LeBron and Love several times within the first 5 plays. You know, elite scorers with 6 inch and 70 lb advantages on him. And there was no reason to switch I need those scenarios. Most of them weren't even good picks.

    Not to mention he's playing players who have no business playing NBA basketball. Why did it take a full season plus one playoff game to bench Aaron Brooks when most everyone else saw it months ago?

    I thought this coaching job was worse than Vogel's against Toronto.

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  14. #309

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm convinced. When it comes to those incredibly big moments, it's all about the mental game. PG has it. C.J. absolutely does not.

    Give C.J. that shot ten times and I say he misses it nine or ten times. Give PG a ridiculous three in traffic and he hits five of ten.
    Doubt it. Paul George isn't clutch. He's 0-15 in his career on game winners. He passed for a reason.

  15. #310

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by LG33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think people interpreted my comment about Lance's three point shooting the wrong way. It wasn't intended as a criticism at all. I actually wanted him to shoot that late three, as the Cavs were giving him way too much room beyond the arc. I was simply wondering how much more deadly he'd be if Cleveland couldn't afford to sag off him. Teams would rather have him and Jeff Teague shoot than give them the first step.
    If Cleveland is going to sag that far off him, he absolutely HAS to shoot it. He's not that bad of a shooter to sit in the paint while he's behind the line.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  17. #311

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Lance could shoot threes we would be talking all star game. That would open up the lane for him to penetrate and dish. All his offensive stats would rise. As it stands he is merely the second best player on the team. I can live with that for now.
    I don't even think he needs to be a good shooter, back in 13-14 he wasn't a "good" shooter, but he shot a respectable 35% from behind the arc. You couldn't just sag off him.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

    sav

  19. #312

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doubt it. Paul George isn't clutch. He's 0-15 in his career on game winners. He passed for a reason.
    This is cherry picking a stat to fit your argument. He is absolutely clutch, and has hit multiple shots to tie a game and send it to OT and excels in the clutch time of a close game.

  20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  21. #313
    Member Downtown Bang!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St Paul MN
    Posts
    964

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    As much as I like Lance as a playmaker just can't agree that scrapping Teague and turning the keys of the offense over to him next season is the right move. I like Lance better as a guy that could play a good number of minutes more off the ball with Teague and then play with ball alongside a bigger 3 & D wing the rest of his time on the court.

    The CJ open three wasn't a terrible shot it just needed to happen in a catch & shoot situation but PG gave up his dribble to soon and needed to penetrate a dribble or two deeper to freeze CJ's defender before giving the ball up.

    The Lance three was a good shot. Justt didn't go down. It happens.

    Myles needs to make Thompson pay on the offensive end. Should just shoot it over the top with confidence or if Thompson trys to get into him with the body put it on the deck and make something happen at the basket.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:


  23. #314
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    6,254

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    What is Nate getting killed for?

  24. #315
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    3,333

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    We often get in late game or late quarter situations and George just stands there dribbling until it's time to make a move. That usually doesn't work.

    We should have the point guard handling the ball and let George come off screens. If he can't get open, the point guard should pass to someone else or create a shot.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:


  26. #316
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,443

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know they got our hopes up today and now we are disappointed. But I feel a lot better about the series than I did 24 hours ago, when I wasn't confident we would even give them one competitive game. Now I think we can make this thing a series and who knows, maybe win the thing.
    Agreed. It's just a real shame that we lost this game since winning close games is how you can beat LeBron in the playoffs.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  27. #317
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,443

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I came on PD, I expected to see two things above all else: 1) people killing McMedium and 2) people pissed off at the first half officiating
    And you were absolutely correct to expect that.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  29. #318
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,695

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    I thought this coaching job was worse than Vogel's against Toronto.

    Let's not go crazy now, unlike Vogel Nate realized Brooks was trash and didn't play him in the 2nd half (remember Stuckey?)

    Nate made a lot of mistakes but nothing as bad as the Toronto series.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  31. #319
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog! Pacersalltheway10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,801
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Also Thad defended LeBron really well one on one. The same as he did Giannis a few games ago. I really want to see Thad guarding LeBron more as he's got the quickness and strength to defend him.

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:


  33. #320
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    6,254

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's not go crazy now, unlike Vogel Nate realized Brooks was trash and didn't play him in the 2nd half (remember Stuckey?)

    Nate made a lot of mistakes but nothing as bad as the Toronto series.
    The problem with Vogel is he made the same mistakes over and over until it was too late.

    I'm willing to give Nate a chance, it's 1 game we lost by one point to the champs. Idk what he did that was so criminal.

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  35. #321
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,788

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as I like Lance as a playmaker just can't agree that scrapping Teague and turning the keys of the offense over to him next season is the right move.
    I think it could be the right move.

    B&G is right. We always hold back on Lance as point guard until it really matters in serious playoff games. By that point, we haven't practiced that line up all year. How many times do we repeat this until we finally allow destiny to happen—Lance as a full fledged point guard?

    He's more mature and more humble now. It could work. And if the rumored problems of getting along is between PG and Teague ... well, that kind of seals it.

    I like Teague a lot. He's been my favorite Pacer this year until Lance returned. But do we really want to go through another season next year where we work so hard, only to lose in the playoffs to Lebron because Teague is our defensive achilles heel?

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  37. #322
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doubt it. Paul George isn't clutch. He's 0-15 in his career on game winners. He passed for a reason.
    Seriously?


  38. #323
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,695

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also Thad defended LeBron really well one on one. The same as he did Giannis a few games ago. I really want to see Thad guarding LeBron more as he's got the quickness and strength to defend him.
    Thad's D on Lebron was amazing even though he had 3 early fouls on him.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  40. #324
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    It's also not that Nate was horrible, but he just seems purely 'average' as a coach. Van Gundy was right that the Pacers calling a timeout late in the game hurt more than it helped (let Cavs design a defensive double team game plan on PG and prevented the Pacers from calling a timeout to make an adjustment since it was their last), and a good coach probably draws up a better play or at least makes sure that every player knows what he's doing in the huddle (Lance flashing to the top of the key, not the center baseline).

    However, he also did make some good moves too like putting Thad on LeBron and also removing Brooks from the game in the 2nd half.

  41. #325
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,701

    Default Re: Post game-Wrong Ending

    Pacers lost the mental game at the end. That is what separates the champs from the pretenders.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •