Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: 4/15/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 4/15/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We got a good look and missed. PG needs to show some leadership and not show frustration, this is a team game. PG in the presser says "I spoke to CJ and told him that in situations like that, I should be taking the last shot". Got a good shot, game over, you are not gaining anything by statements like that. Show leadership and tell CJ to keep his head high and that we got a good shot. That will motivate CJ

I think A SHOT, is better than NO SHOT, and to be fair, it's not like CJ Miles has a perfect idea of the exact time like we do when we watch. However, PG is also going to get criticized on the other end just like LeBron has at times, for lacking the 'killer instinct' and passing to an open teammate instead of taking the last shot. Not sure, there's a perfect answer. I think PG is right for not dribbling into the double team, but it looks like the players didn't execute as Lance flashed under the rim and everyone else just stood around. I don't blame PG for saying he needs to take the shot if there's time though--especially since he had enough to get a decent and open look.

Default Re: 4/15/2017 NBA Playoffs, First Round - Game Thread #1: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

I cannot believe Paul said that. Neither to CJ or to the press after the game. What a terrible thing to say to a teammate.
    On the other hand, I don't know why I even bother to watch the Pacers play the Cavs on national TV in Cleveland. We all could have written the script for the way this game would go, but hope burns eternal, I suppose. Thinking about doing myself a favor and stop watching the Referees beat the Pacers almost by themselves.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    This was our best chance to steal a road game. They missed 13/27 free throws. That is not going to happen again
    Some bad calls too. The refs were really trying to foul Thad out. He along with CJ killed Cleveland in our last regular season meeting. Paul was top dog in that game but CJ and Thad were over 18 points. In today's game, the refs gave them all kinds of bad whistles trying to neutralize their effect on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala View Post
    We got a good look and missed. PG needs to show some leadership and not show frustration, this is a team game. PG in the presser says "I spoke to CJ and told him that in situations like that, I should be taking the last shot". Got a good shot, game over, you are not gaining anything by statements like that. Show leadership and tell CJ to keep his head high and that we got a good shot. That will motivate CJ
    I would agree with this if we was like a 50 win team. But we are a 42 win team who is only here Because PG has been playing out of his mind. Guys like CJ miles are the reason we a 42 win team.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.