Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 123

Thread: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

  1. #26

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Yep.
    #LanceEffect

  2. #27
    Member tnasty4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    195
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Yes

  3. #28
    Member DEEman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Age
    35
    Posts
    546

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Yesss, but i dont understand he would take the max after drama-queening, with a camera on his face, he wants to be on a winning team.. He knows he is earning 1/3 of the cap...
    Proud owner of 'Dutch Pacers'

  4. #29
    "I'm your huckleberry"
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. Without him Indiana is a bottom 5 team in the East
    You say that as if that's a huge fall from where they are now. Bottom five this season ends at Charlotte--six games worse than the Pacers with PG. This assumes they get nothing for him, which I can't imagine that would happen, but I guess it could. Yes, they might win fewer games, but if you were trying to say they would be a 15 win team that's not likely.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to DocHolliday For This Useful Post:


  6. #30
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,161

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    He is not, Pacers barely made it to the playoffs with him, now imagine paying him 30+ mil just to barely make it to the playoffs for the next 5 years, meh.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 04-14-2017 at 08:10 PM.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  8. #31

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Yes. Make a poll. 90% will say Yes.

  9. #32

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. Make a poll. 90% will say Yes.
    90% of opinions don't make something a fact

  10. #33
    Lurker of the Year Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fountain Square
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,788

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    When do the All NBA votes get tallied? Going to be a big factor in the validity of this discussion.

    I believe the answer is "of course". You pay what it takes to keep that guy. Stars are actually underpaid in the NBA, if you did away with max contracts and instituted a hard cap they would make even more. It's the role players that would suffer.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  11. #34

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    90% of opinions don't make something a fact
    Didn't say it did. Thought it'd be interesting to see a poll on it and made a prediction as to how it'd turn out. 90% of opinions matter though. It is an entertainment business.

  12. #35
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,833

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Yes.

  13. #36
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,227

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Just the mere fact that we replaced Lance with CJ Miles and Stuckey 3 years ago is proof that a player of PG's caliber is worth 35% super max. Losing Lance set this franchise back atleast 3 years. Losing Paul would set this franchise back about 8 years.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  15. #37
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,463
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    No.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the esteem of Elohim,
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be kind towards one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as Elohim also forgave you in Messiah.

  16. #38
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    44
    Posts
    32,787

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Is he worth 35% of the cap?

    IMHO...nope.

    But we...just like the Grizzlies....have no choice if he gets the Super MAX.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

  17. #39
    Pacer fan since 1993 Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    7,092

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    In the entire history of the Pacers franchise there have been what four guys anywhere near as talented as PG? I might even argue that number is just 2 PG and Roger Brown. I love Reggie, I am a Pacer fan because of Reggie, but PG has already accomplished more at this point in his career than Reggie had at this point in his. PG has ALWAYS showed up in the playoffs something we used to value around here. We took possibly the greatest player of all time to the brink on more than one occasion entirely because of Paul.

    Hell yes he is worth it.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:


  19. #40
    Member Downtown Bang!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St Paul MN
    Posts
    1,031

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    They have to pay him or go into lottery purgatory for the next decade. Still have big doubts that is a likely path to championship relevancy for a small market team that won't be embracing the luxury tax.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:


  21. #41
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Why is this even a question?

    Seems like a classic case of not appreciating what you have until it's gone
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:


  23. #42
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    This board may love to ***** and moan but if Indiana loses PG, well I don't even want to think about it
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  24. #43
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    When is Ol Blu coming back btw?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  25. #44

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    This thread is not a knock on PG at all. I really just question the worth of having a super max player on a team that won't pay the tax.

  26. #45
    Member MUpaceSIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,316

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    No, he's not worth over $200 million.

  27. #46
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,054

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Yes, he is, especially if you don't have a GM that blows your remaining cap money on one dimensional players like Jefferson and Monta. PG is gonna be PG, to me it is all about whether the GM intelligently uses remaining resources to build a really good supporting cast.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  29. #47
    Member jrwannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have to pay him or go into lottery purgatory for the next decade. Still have big doubts that is a likely path to championship relevancy for a small market team that won't be embracing the luxury tax.
    Why do you think this? We almost made the playoffs behind the play of Solo and Chris Copeland. If PG walks for nothing, then it's a possibility. But a trade that brings back young talent and a few draft picks, within 3 years we'll be back into 7th place in the East.

    I don't think he is worth it until you look at it the context that if signed today, Monta and CJ will just about make that. If I had the money and the two options were 1.) PG and Niang or 2.) Monta and CJ, give me option 1.

    However, that Boston trade offer was more enticing than paying PG 35%.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrwannabe For This Useful Post:


  31. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    6,369

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When is Ol Blu coming back btw?
    It's nice not needing to use the ignore feature.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

    Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  33. #49
    Member Wage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    980

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread is not a knock on PG at all. I really just question the worth of having a super max player on a team that won't pay the tax.
    I get the thought process, but what is the other option? Spend that same money on Allen Crabbe and Evan Turner instead? True max players (which PG is without question) are the biggest bargain in the NBA. In a top heavy league I just don't see how choosing between 1 superstar or 2 role players is even something you have to consider.

  34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wage For This Useful Post:


  35. #50
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Paul George WORTH 35% of the cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's nice not needing to use the ignore feature.
    Let's go Broncos!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •