Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nate McMillan has been named the NBA Eastern Conference Coach of the Month

Default Re: Nate McMillan has been named the NBA Eastern Conference Coach of the Month

Meh. I think Nate's ultimate rise or fall with us will be predicated some on the playoffs, but A TON on next season. I get that the underachieving narrative is pretty legit. But there's also legitimacy to the the talent on the team didn't fit and was somewhat overrated narrative. I suppose even the massive changeover/needs significant time to gel could even be invoked. Seeing that (I'm assuming) our end-of-season run probably translates to much less and much less significant roster turnover than the past two off-seasons, I think Nate's trajectory will be much more under the microscope next season.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Default Re: Nate McMillan has been named the NBA Eastern Conference Coach of the Month

BnG, you keep posting these quotes but you forget Lance's quotes. None of this happens w/o the team and coach and even fans. Quit crediting Lance with everything. I see why everyone was getting annoyed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

How do you win coach of the month with a .500% record? I'm sorry but Nate winning COM means as much as us hanging the loudest 6th man banner back at MSA.

Honest question, without the change in the lineup and that end 5 game run does Nate even have a job next year? Only because Bird is cheap about coach's but I would have to think if a coach was let go for a better record and a tough out in the first round than his replacement would have to be out with a worse record and most likely not even making the playoffs.

I say this as a person who has nothing against Nate and don't think he's the worst coach, he's not the best either.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hahahaha Where the Nate haters at?
    Still here.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

_________________________ RamBo_Lamar's Avatar

Well congrats to Coach Nate. This team has somehow weathered what
    has been a wierd season to finish strong and hang onto a playoff spot.
    The Coach is certainly a big part of keeping them together.

And @avatar

Maybe Lance's arrival magically transformed the
    Pacers into the "Guandong Iguanas" of the NBA.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    [b]How do you win coach of the month with a .500% record? [/]I'm sorry but Nate winning COM means as much as us hanging the loudest 6th man banner back at MSA.

Honest question, without the change in the lineup and that end 5 game run does Nate even have a job next year? Only because Bird is cheap about coach's but I would have to think if a coach was let go for a better record and a tough out in the first round than his replacement would have to be out with a worse record and most likely not even making the playoffs.

I say this as a person who has nothing against Nate and don't think he's the worst coach, he's not the best either.
    Well, the team is above .500 and 7th in East, but NBA.com on why Nate got it...

McMillan guided the Pacers to a 5-1 record during April, tied for the best mark in the Eastern Conference. Indiana closed the month and the regular season with five consecutive victories to secure the seventh playoff seed in the East. For the month, the Pacers ranked third in the NBA in scoring (115.5 ppg) and fourth in field goal percentage (50.1) and point differential (plus-11.7). Indiana’s only defeat was a 135-130 double-overtime loss to its first-round postseason opponent, the Cleveland Cavaliers. Game 1 of the series is Saturday, April 15 at 3 p.m. ET on ABC.

Nate was terrible all season. He had absolutely nothing to do with our 5-1 record.

I'm sorry, but starting Paul George shouldn't win you a coaching award.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Nate was terrible all season. He had absolutely nothing to do with our 5-1 record.

Lol, because superstars never win coaches awards

Nate's rotation have helped us win. There is no all bench unit.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post

Yes, I find it odd. What exactly did Nate do to earn it? They did go on a run. But you have to ask why that happened. Also, so BOTH Paul and Nate suddenly had a great month at the same time? Really? It's been said before but perhaps there's a reason they suddenly did such a great job.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Yes, I find it odd. What exactly did Nate do to earn it? They did go on a run. But you have to ask why that happened. Also, so BOTH Paul and Nate suddenly had a great month at the same time? Really? It's been said before but perhaps there's a reason they suddenly did such a great job.
    I'm certainly a bigger fan of Lance than I am of Nate, but as much as we all, unanimously feel that Lance is the undoubted savior of, not just this season, but the franchise as a whole, the rest of the NBA world doesn't see it that way. Everyone else sees Lance as a fringe rotation player who has struggled to even stay on an NBA roster for three years. So, by that logic, the prevailing logic across the league, Paul and Nate both deserve the Monthly awards for integrating Lance in the middle of a playoff chase that was going the wrong way last month, and playing the best basketball of their season when it mattered most.

If you remove yourself from the unique perspective we have as Pacers fans, it's pretty easy to see why our guys got these awards.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled "fire Nate" discussion. We could do much better than him.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Just replace Coach Fisher here with Coach Nate:

https://youtu.be/bkBhR3vv7As

I really want a new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    Well, the team is above .500 and 7th in East, but NBA.com on why Nate got it...

McMillan guided the Pacers to a 5-1 record during April, tied for the best mark in the Eastern Conference. Indiana closed the month and the regular season with five consecutive victories to secure the seventh playoff seed in the East. For the month, the Pacers ranked third in the NBA in scoring (115.5 ppg) and fourth in field goal percentage (50.1) and point differential (plus-11.7). Indiana’s only defeat was a 135-130 double-overtime loss to its first-round postseason opponent, the Cleveland Cavaliers. Game 1 of the series is Saturday, April 15 at 3 p.m. ET on ABC.
    This was my stupid error. I counted the month of March totally forgetting we were in April. we were.500 in March. I apologize for the error.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13