Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nate McMillan has been named the NBA Eastern Conference Coach of the Month

Default Nate McMillan has been named the NBA Eastern Conference Coach of the Month

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Nate McMillan has been named the NBA Eastern Conference Coach of the Month

Lol. Bird and Lance should be getting all the credit for this turnaround. I guess Paul should too...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Nate McMillan has been named the NBA Eastern Conference Coach of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol. Bird and Lance should be getting all the credit for this turnaround. I guess Paul should too...
    Yea, but Nate deserves credit for giving Lance the freedom no coach has, giving him big minutes day 1, and being able to manage the locker room closing with Lance instead of Monta and others.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Hahahaha Where the Nate haters at?
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Hahahaha Where the Nate haters at?

The fact that we're facing The King in round one still means it was a putrid season.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The fact that we're facing The King in round one still means it was a putrid season.
    Kind of true but it also means Cleveland had a **** season as they are the number 2 seed instead of numero uno
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Kind of true but it also means Cleveland had a **** season as they are the number 2 seed instead of numero uno
    Yeah but Lebron teams have actually been number 2 a lot in recent years (Bulls, Hawks, and Pacers all got 1 seeds recently). Regardless, Lebron teams are never going to fall below 2 so anything in that 7-8 range puts you in danger of facing him round 1. Gotta get to 6 to avoid playing him in the first round. IMO, there's no excuse for this team not getting at least a 6 seed.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Yeah but Lebron teams have actually been number 2 a lot in recent years (Bulls, Hawks, and Pacers all got 1 seeds recently). Regardless, Lebron teams are never going to fall below 2 so anything in that 7-8 range puts you in danger of facing him round 1. Gotta get to 6 to avoid playing him in the first round. IMO, there's no excuse for this team not getting at least a 6 seed.
    Last year was the weakest Lebron team to get to the Finals. That's what made his chip so amazing, really solidified his legacy IMO.

The team this year looks worse.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

I'm just salty because I really like the way this team looks right now, but of course we're playing Lebron in the first round. PG is playing like an MVP candidate and the other pieces are gelling. If we were playing a Toronto or Washington, I'd be so amped up. I just think of all the poor play and blown opportunities all season long. Should not have finished this low.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I'm just salty because I really like the way this team looks right now, but of course we're playing Lebron in the first round. PG is playing like an MVP candidate and the other pieces are gelling. If we were playing a Toronto or Washington, I'd be so amped up. I just think of all the poor play and blown opportunities all season long. Should not have finished this low.
    I'm trying to be positive about it. Had we played Toronto or Washington win or lose we still have to go through Cleveland. This guarantees a crack at the champs and all that goes with it for our team/player growth.

Unbelievable lol
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

I'm confused. PG gets player of the week, Nate gets coach of the month. I thought all good things were because of 1 man. Sir Lance

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I'm confused. PG gets player of the week, Nate gets coach of the month. I thought all good things were because of 1 man. Sir Lance
    A born ready tide lifts all boats. Or something.
    This is the darkest timeline.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Mood

Considering there are 8 playoff teams in the east and 7 months of season, this an ...underwhelming...achivement. lol
    Lifelong pacers fan

23. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    Yea, but Nate deserves credit for giving Lance the freedom no coach has, giving him big minutes day 1, and being able to manage the locker room closing with Lance instead of Monta and others.
    If Nate didn't give him freedom, Nate might not have made it through the last 6 games. Bird wants Lance to play. Nate is lucky to be filling a position as a head coach in the NBA. In no way is Nate McMillan earning this thing. The Lance Effect has lit this team on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    A born ready tide lifts all boats. Or something.
    It does. It's funny, all the players and even Nate would tell people that. Maybe the Lance Effect is something people need to see with their eyes. They see Lance play, but there is a lot more going on that that. He is a presence on and off the floor. He changes the entire environment like the sun coming out behind the clouds. Pure energy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We live in bizarro world right now

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    We live in bizarro world right now
    Me am grateful.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

28. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

These are not my words. I am paraphrasing from a Chris Denari interview. He gets it.

Chris Denari: He absolutely believes in it (i.e. the Lance effect). Part of it's energy. Part of it's fun. They were a passive group but not a lot of energy emanating from anyone. There's just not a lot of juice. Clearly Lance is the juice and has a positive effect on the team. He rubs off on people. He rubs off on fans. There is something about Lance especially in this market that is special. Fans watched him grow up successful. There is something that Lance possesses here that is not relevant in Charlotte and other places. But it has been a pleasant surprise. He's been a difference maker for this team. We added new players, good vets like Thad Young. Jeff Teague is from Indy but he's a quiet guy. All the guys are quiet and to bring the best out of the team they needed Lance. It's like spring. We are seeing everything green up and flowers. That's exactly what Lance Stephenson has done. It was barren winter in that locker room. All of the sudden we brought Lance in and he's the fertilizer.

OK. I would prefer he described Lance as the sun...but...

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

If Nate didn't give him freedom, Nate might not have made it through the last 6 games. Bird wants Lance to play. Nate is lucky to be filling a position as a head coach in the NBA. In no way is Nate McMillan earning this thing. The Lance Effect has lit this team on fire.
    I've been on your side, but you need to relax. You were right about some things, but don't forget how wrong you've been the past few years. You even posted that Lance was on the verge of China after last injury. So it wasn't a nobrainer to play Lance this much.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

I've been on your side, but you need to relax. You were right about some things, but don't forget how wrong you've been the past few years. You even posted that Lance was on the verge of China after last injury. So it wasn't a nobrainer to play Lance this much.
    I'm not always right. Nobody is. But think about this.

How could Nate, seeing how Lance effected his team mates, the fans and the locker room...knowing that Larry (who he reports to) thinks of Lance as his own son (he really does)...knowing that IF he didn't play Lance and the team did not make the playoffs, he would be thoroughly blamed for it by everyone except maybe BillS and Unclebuck.

Nate had no choice IMO.

It does. It's funny, all the players and even Nate would tell people that. Maybe the Lance Effect is something people need to see with their eyes. They see Lance play, but there is a lot more going on that that. He is a presence on and off the floor. He changes the entire environment like the sun coming out behind the clouds. Pure energy.
    I'll take Lance is a big part of the team right now, but there is no reason to discredit everything else. Take a page from his humble book.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

I'm not always right. Nobody is. But think about this.

How could Nate, seeing how Lance effected his team mates, the fans and the locker room...knowing that Larry (who he reports to) thinks of Lance as his own son (he really does)...knowing that IF he didn't play Lance and the team did not make the playoffs, he would be thoroughly blamed for it by everyone except maybe BillS and Unclebuck.

Nate had no choice IMO.
    It's not just that, we couldn't even bench Monta last season, this season we were able to do it to end games with no problem for a player only here 1 game.

Lance is also having success with who he is playing with and what's he's allowed to do, more coaching decisions. There's just more to the team than just Lance.

I'll take Lance is a big part of the team right now, but there is no reason to discredit everything else. Take a page from his humble book.
    I'm happy Nate is getting some love from the NBA. But that post you quoted where I said he changed the environment like the sun was BEFORE I listened to the Denari interview saying Lance was bringing on spring in Pacer land. Lance has entirely changed things. He is indeed lifting all boats around him. This isn't about me lifting myself up.

There's just more to the team than just Lance.
    IDK.

Seriously, I just view Lance as the catalyst. He's like an important ingredient that was missing in the recipe. He's been added now and it tastes sooo good.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post: