Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 2017 NBA Playoffs: (2) Cleveland vs. (7) Indiana

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs: (2) Cleveland vs. (7) Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else feeling really good about today's game? Don't wanna brag but I'm pretty good at predicting & knowing what to expect in any Pacers game...just know them too well. I'm confident we steal Game 1. If we don't we'll have some sorta lead late or lead the game for 46 minutes & blow it. But I'm feeling good. This team is rolling & playing with max confidence & they believe.

Bold prediction I really feel: Pacers dominte & win by double digits. You think LeBron had a lot to say during the regular season about his team just wait until 5:30 tomorrow.

Go P
    Interesting that everybody is assuming Cleveland will "hit the switch", and beat Indiana easily. Whom is to say that the Pacers don't have their own switch that they can turn on? Instead of loafing for the second half of the season, Indiana essentially loafed the entire year before Lance came back.
    Being unable to close out a game in which you have a comfortable lead in the 4th Q = Pulling a Frank Vogel

Yeah - something's wrong in Cleveland. Don't try to tell me that they didn't care about the #1 seed. Don't tell me that they're not concerned about their 21-20 record the 2nd half of the season. Don't tell me that the whole relationship between LeBron & Lue & management isn't a fuster cluck. This is what happens when you let a player run the franchise. Dictating moves. Dictating coaching. Dictating damn near everything including the condiments at the food joints. Glad that Larry would never let this happen here.

I have a decent vibe about this series. Now, if they come out and smoke us 4-0 - then I'll simply say "Wow - WTF was that ??" and move on. I just don't see it happening. Gotta get Game 1. Then just win the home games. I think if they get punched in the face early, Cleveland will be saying the same thing.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    If we are going to compare the 2013-3014 team to this current team, let's talk about Jeff Teague. If Jeff can play at his playoff level from 3 years ago, when he torched the Pacers, he would be a significant upgrade over George Hill. If we are going to beat Cleveland, Jeff has to hold his own vs Kyrie. If 2013-2014 playoff Jeff returns, I like our chances
    I agree. Kyrie and Korver are the two players that scare me most in this series. Jeff's defense is not what it needs to be to slow Kyrie. I'm not as scared about Korver as much now as I was cause I think Lance will be guarding him, but once he's hot, he's hot. I think Thad will get the better of Love. PG and Lebron will be close with a slight edge to Lebron. Turner vs Thompson will be tight.

To me, I think the game is going to come down to the bench. Found it funny that Lue mentioned in an interview about containing Lance, CJ and Brooks off the bench (yes, he mentioned Brooks!)

I love that Lance can get under Lebrons skin but I'd rather not see a pissed off Lebron...that could end very badly for us

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

sav

Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post
    I agree. Kyrie and Korver are the two players that scare me most in this series. Jeff's defense is not what it needs to be to slow Kyrie. I'm not as scared about Korver as much now as I was cause I think Lance will be guarding him, but once he's hot, he's hot. I think Thad will get the better of Love. PG and Lebron will be close with a slight edge to Lebron. Turner vs Thompson will be tight.

To me, I think the game is going to come down to the bench. Found it funny that Lue mentioned in an interview about containing Lance, CJ and Brooks off the bench (yes, he mentioned Brooks!)
    Korver has been in the league for 15 years and we still haven't figured out that he is a great 3 point shooter. We will continue to leave him open and he will torch us for about 10 3's a game.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

Any news on Teague?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Any news on Teague?
    I thought I heard that Teague would play.

Jefferson and GRIII were questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    I thought I heard that Teague would play.

Jefferson and GRIII were questionable.
    I've been searching for a recent articles but can't seem to find anything
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    The crazy thing is.....if we were to happen to beat the Cavs, regardless of how many games it takes, their confidence level would reach colossal proportions.

And Lebron has been to 6 consecutive finals. He's due to be greatly humbled sooner or later. We can only believe, right? Why not us being the team that humbles?

Of course it would a turning point for this franchise if it happens.

LeBron is going to lose eventually(hopefully sooner than later) but it won't be by the Pacers.

I expect the disappearance of Aaron Brooks, CJ Miles, and Thaddeus Young.

I'm actually happy Pacers are playing the Cavs in the first round. If they can't beat them here, no point in going to the ECF too lose.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/...pacers-game-3/

J.R. Smith questionable for Cavaliers-Pacers Game 3

CLEVELAND (AP) — Cavaliers starting guard J.R. Smith is questionable for Game 3 against Indiana with a left hamstring injury.

Smith didn’t play in the second half of Game 2 because Cleveland’s medical staff decided it was better for him to rest than risk making his injury worse. Smith was upset with the decision. He says he hasn’t asked yet if he’ll play in Indianapolis on Thursday as the Cavaliers try to take a 3-0 series lead.

Smith did some jogging and sprints following Wednesday’s workout. He says an MRI “came back fine” and he’s hoping the injury doesn’t flare up.

One of Cleveland’s best perimeter defenders, Smith has been assigned to Indiana star Paul George in the series. When Smith was kept out, Iman Shumpert did a decent job guarding George.

Smith was sidelined for nearly three months after breaking his right thumb in December.

Jefferson should be getting some run. At least give him a few minutes to see if he's got it gong. If he does you can feed him in the post & he'll get buckets. Last year in the playoffs I think he had like 18-24 straight pts in one of their games vs Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Jefferson should be getting some run. At least give him a few minutes to see if he's got it gong. If he does you can feed him in the post & he'll get buckets. Last year in the playoffs I think he had like 18-24 straight pts in one of their games vs Miami.
    Only thing is offense hasn't really been an issue. We're scoring at good rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Does this hurt or help our chances? Shumpert seemed to guard a lot better than Smith - and it's not like Smith was killing us on the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    Does this hurt or help our chances? Shumpert seemed to guard a lot better than Smith - and it's not like Smith was killing us on the other end.
    Help us. Shumpert is wack af.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Cavs sweep

Hope I'm wrong but I want to set my expectations like that so if its a competitive series or if they win one I'll be happy
    You were smart

Thunder being +15 with Westbrook on the floor and -58 without him made me look up some stats from our series. When Lance was in we were +9. I couldn't find any stat around when Lance/PG and Lebron were all in.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:

Some surprising and not so surprising stats from the series:

The Pacers outrebounded the Cavs by 9 in the series, and out assisted the Cavs by 11. They also had 1 less turnover.

Where the Cavs won the series was in the easy points. 9 more 3's over the course of the series, and 11 extra free throws (on 21 extra attempts).

TS% is supposed to resemble FG%, but Deron Williams broke the chart. 1.026 in this series. His 6 of 7 FT's actually drug that down a little bit, his EFG was 1.038! GR3 had even better numbers for the Pacers, but on only 2 shots and 2 free throws.

Teague had a really good series. .642 TS%, 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio, and while it looks like the Pacers defense was bad while he was in there, it wasn't any worse than any other combination they threw out.

PG's shooting efficiency went down from the regular season, but he more than made up for it with a huge increase in assist percentage and decreasing his turnover perecentage at the same time. His usage rate was essentially the same as the regular season which to me was a little surprising.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs231721 View Post
    Some surprising and not so surprising stats from the series:

The Pacers outrebounded the Cavs by 9 in the series, and out assisted the Cavs by 11. They also had 1 less turnover.

Where the Cavs won the series was in the easy points. 9 more 3's over the course of the series, and 11 extra free throws (on 21 extra attempts).

TS% is supposed to resemble FG%, but Deron Williams broke the chart. 1.026 in this series. His 6 of 7 FT's actually drug that down a little bit, his EFG was 1.038! GR3 had even better numbers for the Pacers, but on only 2 shots and 2 free throws.

Teague had a really good series. .642 TS%, 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio, and while it looks like the Pacers defense was bad while he was in there, it wasn't any worse than any other combination they threw out.

PG's shooting efficiency went down from the regular season, but he more than made up for it with a huge increase in assist percentage and decreasing his turnover perecentage at the same time. His usage rate was essentially the same as the regular season which to me was a little surprising.
    All this is a little vindicating and also a little more upsetting. We played them well. PG showed he's got the ability to hang with anyone. Teague played well. Our intensity and effort was there.

But we don't have LeBron. Or Kyrie. Or Love. And McMillan wasn't able to make up for any of that.

Honestly, as much as I like him, Turner was really the biggest letdown. PG and Teague did their part to match LeBron and Kyrie, and the rebounding, which was supposed to be a big problem against Thompson and even Love was matched. But we got little to no offense from Myles to counteract the massive impact Love had for them.

I hope Myles uses it as motivation to get stronger and continue improving his game. I think he has the potential to have the same kind of impact Love has. And if he can get there, the PG/Teague/Myles trio is pretty darn good. Hopefully PG sees that and feels that with Turner's improvement and another solid piece, we can really compete.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.