Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37

Thread: Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

  1. #26
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,105

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

    My favorite ones are the really hot ones. Seems like the crowd is always extra revved up on the hot days, probably because they keep drinking beer to keep cool.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,105

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

    Now weather.com says "AM Clouds/PM sun" 80 degrees with only a 20% chance of rain for Speedway, IN on Sunday. That would be awesome. I'm sure tomorrow it will say an 80% chance of rain though. Weather in Speedway is unpredictable this time of year.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,105

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

    Lol, it's already up to 40% again. It will be ping pong on this all week.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  7. #29
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,399

    Default Re: Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol, it's already up to 40% again. It will be ping pong on this all week.
    I see WTHR is calling for "mainly AM storms" now... and showing a cloud/sun graphic.
    Welcome to Indiana weather!
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  9. #30
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,105

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see WTHR is calling for "mainly AM storms" now... and showing a cloud/sun graphic.
    Welcome to Indiana weather!
    I sure hope so. This should be an entertaining contest as long as the weather holds out. There really are quite a few talented drivers in this series, both old and young. Then you throw Alonso mania into the mix. We should see some really entertaining driving on Sunday.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  11. #31
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,105

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

    It seems like it does nothing but rain in this part of the country recently. It just feels like this will be a year where rain gets in the way. Hope I'm wrong.

  12. #32
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,399

    Default Re: Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It seems like it does nothing but rain in this part of the country recently. It just feels like this will be a year where rain gets in the way. Hope I'm wrong.
    I was hoping with the rain coming in on Saturday it would be clearing out very early Sunday. But now it's looking like the rain isn't moving in until Sunday anyway. But it's still showing as morning storms and then moving out.
    So maybe the weather models are showing it shrinking and it can just shrink away entirely!
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  14. #33
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,399

    Default Re: Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

    http://www.theindychannel.com/sports...y-500-pace-car

    Negan is driving the pace car...
    Weird that it's just now announced. I'd actually just kind of forgotten about the pace car driver and assumed it had been announced long ago.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  15. #34
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    31
    Posts
    10,684

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It seems like it does nothing but rain in this part of the country recently. It just feels like this will be a year where rain gets in the way. Hope I'm wrong.
    Same thing on the East Coast. Today is the first clear day we've had in like a week.

    I didn't go back for the race this year, just too much going on right now. Hoping it doesn't rain on you guys. I remember maybe 3 years ago or so the weather held and then maybe 5 minutes after I got on 465 it started raining pretty hard. Timing doesn't get much better than that.

  16. #35
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,399

    Default Re: Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

    Now it's changed once again... LOL...
    From 80% to 60% with scattered thunderstorms.
    So the morning rain at 80% to clearing in the afternoon is now gone.
    This WILL change again!
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  17. #36

    Default Re: Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

    What's everyone up to Monday ?? Might be a race ....

  18. #37
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,105

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

    Looks like rain is going to almost certainly factor in. Sucks. Nothing worse than waiting for them to dry that track.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •