Thread: Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

Default Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Alonso to run 2017 Indy 500

Call me crazy, but I like his chances to drink the milk.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

A lot will depend on weather I think... Rossi had a few races under his belt to get acclimated. Alonso will just have May (and a special practice/test). If the weather is good and he gets lots of track time it will help.
    Especially if it was like last year with all the race condition testing going on. He'll be able to run in traffic, practice the draft/tow with his teammates... measure the Chevys... etc...

Definitely there's no doubt an Andretti car can win. ...Unless Chevy is sandbagging and has a beast of an engine to unleash come May.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Alonso is saying all the right things and was great during his interviews from Barber yesterday. Definitely moving the needle to have him coming to run the 500 next month.
    He's making himself somebody you root for with the attitude he's showing.

------

-John Wooden