Thread: Pistons' Kentavious Caldwell-Pope arrested for suspicion of DUI

Default Pistons' Kentavious Caldwell-Pope arrested for suspicion of DUI

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/03/30/...troit-pistons/

Report: Pistons’ Kentavious Caldwell-Pope arrested for suspicion of DUI

Detroit Pistons guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has been arrested for an alleged DUI in Auburn Hills, MI. That’s according to a report from Click On Detroit, who spoke to police. Caldwell-Pope reportedly had a blood alcohol level of .08.

The fourth-year guard was arrested in the Detroit suburb at 2:50 in the morning, according to the report.

Via Click On Detroit:

Police said Caldwell-Pope was pulled over around 2:50 a.m. Wednesday on Auburn Road near Squirrel Road after being clocked driving 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.

The advanced roadside impairment officer said when he walked up to the car, he smelled alcohol. He put Caldwell-Pope through sobriety tests and placed him under arrest, police said.

Caldwell-Pope was “very cooperative” with the officer, authorities said. He was issued a ticket for DUI after a Breathalyzer test at the police station registered his blood-alcohol content at 0.08.

The Pistons had just beat the Brooklyn Nets, 90-89.

Caldwell-Pope will likely face a suspension from the team as well as punishment for the league if found guilty.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pistons' Kentavious Caldwell-Pope arrested for suspicion of DUI

Good riddance

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/06/15/...-traffic-stop/

Pistons’ Caldwell-Pope gets probation in March traffic stop

ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. (AP) Pistons guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has been sentenced to a year of probation in a March traffic stop in suburban Detroit.

The Detroit Free Press reports Caldwell-Pope learned his punishment Wednesday in a Rochester Hills courtroom after pleading guilty to allowing a person to drive under the influence. A charge of operating while intoxicated was dismissed.

Caldwell-Pope was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after police say he was spotted going about 45 mph (72 kilometers per hour) in a 25 mph (40 kph) zone about 2:50 a.m. March 29 in Auburn Hills. He was arrested after a field sobriety test. A further test showed he had a blood alcohol level of 0.08 percent.

Caldwell-Pope continued to play for the team last season and is a restricted free agent.

He should change his name. It must be hard to say that after a couple drinks.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

sav

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He should change his name. It must be hard to say that after a couple drinks.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/06/23/...games-for-dui/

Pistons’ Kentavious Caldwell-Pope suspended two games for DUI

This is the standard penalty for coaches and players hit with a DUI. I don’t think the penalty is stiff enough in general for a serious issue, but this is the precedent that has been set.

Detroit Pistons’ guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has been suspended two games by the NBA for “pleading guilty to operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, in violation of the law of the State of Michigan,” the NBA announced. He will miss the first two games of next season.

This will not stop Caldwell-Pope from getting PAID this summer.

A quality wing defender who hit 35 percent from three last season, he plays a position of need for a lot of teams and he is a restricted free agent. Other teams with cap space — Brooklyn and Sacramento come to mind — could step in and give him a max or near max offer. Then Stan Van Gundy needs to decide if he is going to match. He may not have much of a choice, if he wants to keep Andre Drummond and build an inside-out team around him, he needs Caldwell-Pope, and the Pistons don’t have the cap space to replace him.

One way or another, Caldwell-Pope is in line for a massive pay raise. This suspension will not slow teams, it just takes a little money out of his pocket.

they pinched him when he was right at .08? So much for NBA players getting breaks from the law...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

*This is NOT political, just an observation*

Monta gets suspended 5 games for weed but KCP gets suspended for 2 for doing something that results in many tragic, needless accidents and deaths?

Hmmm. Again, I say this completely without agenda, aside from the fact that driving drunk gets people killed...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    *This is NOT political, just an observation*

Monta gets suspended 5 games for weed but KCP gets suspended for 2 for doing something that results in many tragic, needless accidents and deaths?

Hmmm. Again, I say this completely without agenda, aside from the fact that driving drunk gets people killed...
    One was the third offense?
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    One was the third offense?
    No for sure Monta deserves the suspension. Sorry, I wasn't implying he doesn't. He does.

I just think that ONE DUI is much more serious than being an idiot getting caught smoking weed 3 times. Again, not trying to make any sort of "statement" - more so just saying that driving drunk gets people killed and the punishment should be much more severe from the league. I'd say that if it were a Pacer player just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    No for sure Monta deserves the suspension. Sorry, I wasn't implying he doesn't. He does.

I just think that ONE DUI is much more serious than being an idiot getting caught smoking weed 3 times. Again, not trying to make any sort of "statement" - more so just saying that driving drunk gets people killed and the punishment should be much more severe from the league. I'd say that if it were a Pacer player just the same.

I guess when it becomes legal we will find out if there will be even more DUI's
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I guess when it becomes legal we will find out if there will be even more DUI's
    Huh?

I feel like this is totally off the rails in a way I had NO intention of it going.

*ALL* I am saying is that I think it's crazy that a DUI suspension is so lenient when viewed in comparison with other mandatory suspensions. Drunk driving isn't a joke. I'm from Wisconsin, and I am not proud of the fact that I have to say that I read and hear about the tragedy of it far too often. My Dad is a paramedic, and the stories you hear are gruesome and heartbreaking.