Thread: Raiders Moving To Las Vegas

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Raiders Moving To Las Vegas

Its official. Raiders move to Las Vegas approved by a 31-1 vote, only the Dolphins voted against.

such ****

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Raiders Moving To Las Vegas

lame

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Lol

This is why I usually side with players over owners in just about every argument.

Owners don't care about you at all just their $$$

It will be interesting to see how road teams adapt to games in Vegas though TMZ might as well set up a HQ there. A season long Hard Knocks is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is why I usually side with players over owners in just about every argument.
    Maybe the problem is we shouldn't really side with either of them.
    Do either of them care about the fans or just chasing money even down to the last nickel?
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Maybe the problem is we shouldn't really side with either of them.
    Do either of them care about the fans or just chasing money even down to the last nickel?
    Valid point but between the two I would choose the player because at least you get why they are chasing the $$(usually) because their careers are short lived.

And at least you know they actually have to work to earn the $$$ unlike owners who ask taxpayers to fund stadiums they are going to end up ditching in a few years.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Awful.

I feel bad for the Raider fans. How would you feel if you knew the Colts would be moving to Boise Idaho in two years? Would you still support them?

Well .............

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hemed-brothel/

Just sin, baby.

The Raiders’ upcoming move to Las Vegas is being greeted with open arms — or something — by one enterprising Nevada businessman.
    According to*Mick Akers of the Las Vegas Sun, Nevada brothel owner Dennis Hof announced plans to open a Raiders-themed establishment called “Pirate’s Booty.”

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I feel bad for the Raider fans. How would you feel if you knew the Colts would be moving to Boise Idaho in two years? Would you still support them?
    I'm sure Baltimore Colts fans wondered this themselves when they lost their team along with many others.

However there are (insert team) fans all over the country for a certain team. I rooted for the Colts mostly because

1. Grew up in Bears country hated them and the Packers so I found out there was a team in Indiana
    2. The team is actually in Indiana.

However if the Colts were to move to another town I'm not sure how I would feel. I would think Colts nation is the entire nation not just one city. I've rooted for them for so long I really don't see myself rooting for another team. Other players through the years sure but I don't have that option anymore either since nobody currently playing really has my investment.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Considering I'm from New York, I would still support them, but I understand how much it affects a city. It's disheartening.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Probably not, or at least not very passionately for those two years. You definitely would not see me on these boards ever again. I like the Colts because they are Indiana's team, not because they are the Colts.

Once they did move I can't say I would be bitter like Baltimore fans (ok maybe the first year or two), but I definitely wouldn't be a fan anymore. I do have strong ties to Orlando and Denver (I was happy Peyton picked Denver), so long term if they moved to Orlando (or in the extremely unlikely scenario Denver) my feelings towards the team might be more positive.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 03-29-2017 at 01:31 AM.

If I was a (former) Raiders fan I'd stay far away from the team for those final 2 years. But I suspect they will still sell more tickets than they should out of loyalty mixed in with some ray of hope that if they just keep supporting the team they will ultimately reverse course and stay. Which will never happen, but hope springs eternal.

They shouldn't make it easy on the team to make these kind of decisions. Make it hurt ownership's wallets to make these kind of plans.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

750 mil tax dollars to get a football team. And that'll grow.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    If I was a (former) Raiders fan I'd stay far away from the team for those final 2 years. But I suspect they will still sell more tickets than they should out of loyalty mixed in with some ray of hope that if they just keep supporting the team they will ultimately reverse course and stay. Which will never happen, but hope springs eternal.

They shouldn't make it easy on the team to make these kind of decisions. Make it hurt ownership's wallets to make these kind of plans.
    It sucks because now the team is finally good. They have legit chances at contending for a title in these two years. Which will bring the fans to the stadium. They will hope to see the Oakland Raiders win the Super Bowl one last time. If the team was ******, I have no doubts that the fans wouldn't show. But the Raiders finally turning the ship around nearly 20 years later came at the perfect time for them to move. Its just a ****** situation for them.