Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post game-The Streak Continues

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Post game-The Streak Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Teague in the second half is what we need from him the whole game every game. he needs to try to play like Westbrook. If I were coaching him I would tell him, I don't care about turnovers, I want you aggressive, look to score first and pass second.
    Well, I disagree. Not because you may not be right, but because I just don't like the style. Don't like how the NBA has become a league for scoring point guards. Don't like scoring point guards. Don't care for Westbrook, Lowry, or Tony Parker. But they all can score and are very effective.

I like teamwork, ball movement, and strategic offense to produce high percentage shots. I really like Teague, and I hope he keeps being a pass first guy. More fun to watch and perhaps creates more esprit d' corpes for everyone.
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

2. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Call me when we win several games in a row. Until then, we're just mediocre posers.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

4. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Every-time I'm ready to embrace the mediocrity and cheer for the higher pick, we play a team out west and they pull me back in.

"He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Willbo For This Useful Post:

sav

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Well, I disagree. Not because you may not be right, but because I just don't like the style. Don't like how the NBA has become a league for scoring point guards. Don't like scoring point guards. Don't care for Westbrook, Lowry, or Tony Parker. But they all can score and are very effective.

I like teamwork, ball movement, and strategic offense to produce high percentage shots. I really like Teague, and I hope he keeps being a pass first guy. More fun to watch and perhaps creates more esprit d' corpes for everyone.
    +100. Anything that moves us away from individualism and moves us back towards love of team and group dynamic is what I would love to see.

What made me so passionate about the last Pacers contending team and teams like SA was their full embrace of the team sport.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post

I probably didn't explain myself well enough. I am not suggesting Teague become Westbrook, obviously he cannot do what he does. But I want Teague aggressive and IMO in order for him to get into a more aggressive mode he needs to look to score. After watching him in every game this season he is more effective when he is aggressively looking to score, that opens up the passing lanes for him and opens up his teammates. Our offense often stops when Teague just defers to others.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I probably didn't explain myself well enough. I am not suggesting Teague become Westbrook, obviously he cannot do what he does. But I want Teague aggressive and IMO in order for him to get into a more aggressive mode he needs to look to score. After watching him in every game this season he is more effective when he is aggressively looking to score, that opens up the passing lanes for him and opens up his teammates. Our offense often stops when Teague just defers to others.
    Well maybe we agree more than disagree. I'm okay with him looking for his shot a bit more. But I still want him overall to be a pass first guy.
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference