Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vogel had it right?

Sports Logo

Default Re: Vogel had it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually it is, which is why the two of the specific names brought up were Love and Draymond. Two bigs that are mobile and rebound the hell out of the ball.

EDIT: I guess the easiest way to say it is that you don't have to sacrifice one (defensive mobility) for the other (rebounding). You can get both. Thad doesn't, though.
    Love and Draymond are "elite" players for their respective positions though nor are they obtainable. So, can Indiana get players who are similar to Love and Green, obtainable, and are a clear upgrade over Thad Young? Plus, could Nate merely change Young's role on the team?

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Love and Draymond are "elite" players for their respective positions though nor are they obtainable. So, can Indiana get players who are similar to Love and Green, obtainable, and are a clear upgrade over Thad Young? Plus, could Nate merely change Young's role on the team?
    The clear answer is nope but that's not going to stop the crying and complaining about it.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    The clear answer is nope but that's not going to stop the crying and complaining about it.
    Why don't the Pacers go after a mobile big that can defend, assist, shoot and rebound (Draymond) and a 3 and D wing (Klay)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    Why don't the Pacers go after a mobile big that can defend, assist, shoot and rebound (Draymond) and a 3 and D wing (Klay)
    The cliche comment of "Big name free agents never want to come to Indiana"...

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't tell though all the hyperbole if you guys just don't understand what's being argued or what. But I'll try one last time, even though I'm sure it won't help.

Teams that start a stretch big (a player at the 4 or 5 that can shoot from the perimeter) typically match that player up with a big man who's able to focus on, and have an impact on defense and/or rebounding the ball.

NOBODY is saying to add Draymond or Love to a lineup with Myles. What people are arguing however is that Myles is the perimeter big that needs to be matched up with another big that can concentrate on and have an impact on defense and/or rebounding.

Thad is an example of a big that needs to be matched up with the same type of interior player that Myles needs.

I dont see why this is so hard to comprehend. If you're going to argue a point, at least argue against the points being made. The hyperbole had nothing to do with what was being discussed imo

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I can't tell though all the hyperbole if you guys just don't understand what's being argued or what. But I'll try one last time, even though I'm sure it won't help.

Teams that start a stretch big (a player at the 4 or 5 that can shoot from the perimeter) typically match that player up with a big man who's able to focus on, and have an impact on defense and/or rebounding the ball.

NOBODY is saying to add Draymond or Love to a lineup with Myles. What people are arguing however is that Myles is the perimeter big that needs to be matched up with another big that can concentrate on and have an impact on defense and/or rebounding.

Thad is an example of a big that needs to be matched up with the same type of interior player that Myles needs.

I dont see why this is so hard to comprehend. If you're going to argue a point, at least argue against the points being made. The hyperbole had nothing to do with what was being discussed imo
    My comment wasn't directed at you at all, it was a joke.

I've said for several weeks that Thad off the bench and a major upgrade at the 4 would be the best move this summer, CJ is more than fine starting at the 2 IMO. GRIII, Monta and Thad off the bench with a cheap mobile big is a fine bench.

So yes, I completely get finding a better player to compliment Myles. It's the biggest hole IMO.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    My comment wasn't directed at you at all, it was a joke.

I've said for several weeks that Thad off the bench and a major upgrade at the 4 would be the best move this summer, CJ is more than fine starting at the 2 IMO. GRIII, Monta and Thad off the bench with a cheap mobile big is a fine bench.

So yes, I completely get finding a better player to compliment Myles. It's the biggest hole IMO.
    I generally agree with you, but I would say it slightly differently. Given that CJ needs to re-sign this off-season, our two biggest need this off-season are a starting two, and a complement to Myles with true size. CJ would not be the top choice for a starting two, but he'd be on the list of second and third tier options. I think it's clear that Thaddeus is not an option for our other need given that Myles is a cornerstone.. :-) However, he's a hell of a rotation player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post

It's hard to comprehend because there is nobody you can get for free that can do what you want that player to do, keep arguing about it is just a waste of time.

Sure I would love to pair Myles with Shaq in his prime but that ain't happening.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!