This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MOST WINS - NBA
    (Last 3 months)

1. Washington - 32
    2. BOSTON - 31
    Golden State - 31
    San Antonio - 31

(Wizards @ Celtics Monday)

FWIW, Boston has played Utah twice and won easily both times.
    And yet the entire Boston roster isn't worth as much as Kawhi, and no team on earth given the choice between playing a 7 game series with Boston or SA would choose San Antonio. It turns out Pop and Kawhi are all you need to be better and scarier than Anyone in the East without Lebron.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Post game--A Tale of Two Games

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    And yet the entire Boston roster isn't worth as much as Kawhi, and no team on earth given the choice between playing a 7 game series with Boston or SA would choose San Antonio. It turns out Pop and Kawhi are all you need to be better and scarier than Anyone in the East without Lebron.
    Wasn't taking anything away from SA. Great team.

My reply was more in regards to people thinking the top teams in the East are somewhat JV squads compared to the West. You can only play the games on the schedule. Boston has beaten some of the best teams in the NBA and are in a great position

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Wasn't taking anything away from SA. Great team.

My reply was more in regards to people thinking the top teams in the East are somewhat JV squads compared to the West. You can only play the games on the schedule. Boston has beaten some of the best teams in the NBA and are in a great position
    Fwiw, I don't think anyone is discrediting Boston. They're obviously a very good team

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

I have trouble remembering who's said what, but at various points a large subsection of this board has been convinced that the Pacers were contenders or nearly so, another subsection believes PG is worth 200M+, another believes we need to max Teague and we're just 1 piece away with a super bright future, others have said they wouldn't trade Turner for KAT, some have called Teague/PG/Turner a scary big 3...and the Pacers are a team that hovers .500. My point is, there's zero reason to put any stock in anyone posting here's ability to project how good teams or players are/will be. If the Pacers were 52-16 some people who post here would have already broken into the arena and hung a banner.

The Spurs are very, very good, the record shows it clearly. Argue otherwise, it'll just be another thing showing that you don't know basketball very well. Similar to the unwavering and fervent support of Monta Ellis.
    Nobody has ever said that the Pacers are contenders.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

The way PG has played in March he might eek into All NBA and sign this summer. Completely changes the shape of the Pacers v Jazz convo

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    The way PG has played in March he might eek into All NBA and sign this summer. Completely changes the shape of the Pacers v Jazz convo
    Does it? We have him now and they are still better...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Does it? We have him now and they are still better...
    Yes it does.

We would have to do a better job this offseason that's for sure. But if you have PG and Turner locked for the future you're in great shape. Hell, even if you want to rebuild you can get a lot for PG under a longer contract.

Some Guy

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Nobody has ever said that the Pacers are contenders.
    I know selective reading is your specialty but look at those 3 words immediately after the word, "contenders." I'm not going to go sift through a bunch of posts, but there are literally dozens of them saying we're a super scary playoff team and just 1 piece away.

Nearly so. Important modifier, look out for it in things you read in the future.

We are not only far from contending, there is an extremely good chance Paul George walks if we don't trade him and there are no guarantees we get much in return. Teams that think he might come may wait to get him free. Teams that don't think he wants to come will be careful about how much they give up. We are in a really dark period and it is going to get worse.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

I know selective reading is your specialty but look at those 3 words immediately after the word, "contenders." I'm not going to go sift through a bunch of posts, but there are literally dozens of them saying we're a super scary playoff team and just 1 piece away.

Nearly so. Important modifier, look out for it in things you read in the future.
    I wouldn't want to dig through old post either but plenty of people projected this team to win 54-57 games this year which would give us the best record in the east and that's a contender.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post: