Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game--A Tale of Two Games

Default Re: Post game--A Tale of Two Games

I'm going to laugh so hard at the team that gives George Hill more than 20mil a year, hell I'm going to laugh at whoever offers him more than 15 mil lol
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting read on GHill next contract...

Holy cow, 30 mill a year!

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/03/15...zz-retain-him/

I'd pay Hayward $30 mil a year. I still have an issue with Hayward having so few 30 pt games in his career. But I believe pairing him (or Blake) with Paul raises our profile. More televised games, larger fan base, more sports show chatter, etc. Hill is a good player. He was good here in Indy. His issue is he really isn't a point guard. He's more of a combo/shooting guard. Er go, he didn't work here in Indy as a point guard. Maybe, had they not forced him to be one things would've worked out differently. Perhaps our (my) frustration with Hill was because the team tried to make him play a position that simply isn't in his blood. But despite all of that, no way in ever loving heaven is he worth $30 mil a year because of his health issues.

Brooklyn will overpay one of Holiday/Hill/Teague and the other two will get fairly paid (whatever that is in this NBA). Noone else is giving these guys that sort of money in a league that is already over-saturated with PGs.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love Jeff Teague, but we'd be making a huge mistake giving him a long term deal over 15 million per year.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

I keep telling you guys, get used to the new numbers, they're here to stay.

Max for GHill is pretty ridiculous, but if you look at the other FAs, it's not very obvious who else should be getting the megabuck offers. GH is having a career year at exactly the right time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    Brooklyn will overpay one of Holiday/Hill/Teague and the other two will get fairly paid (whatever that is in this NBA). Noone else is giving these guys that sort of money in a league that is already over-saturated with PGs.
    I think Teague will get Somewhere in the $16 to 20 mil range. I think he'll stay because it's Indy. MAYBE, one of the NY teams "comes for him" but that's a MAJOR media market which means MAJOR pressure and criticism. You see what the Knicks are going through, Teague doesn't seem like the type who wants any part of that. Also neither of those teams have a 26 year old borderline superstar player. Melo is old and injured. Porzingis seems to be showing signs of being injury prone. Nets have no star. They could've if they had kept those draft picks but I doubt Teague sees a team of just Brook Lopez and some dudes as an attractive basketball match.

The Nets seem to be lasering in on George Hill. Knicks I have no doubt will restart talks with the Wolves for Ricky Rubio. Phil likes him a lot. So the only team that could try and challenge us for Teague with $$$ would be Philly. But most likely, the Sixers will draft a point guard.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

sav

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    I keep telling you guys, get used to the new numbers, they're here to stay.

Max for GHill is pretty ridiculous, but if you look at the other FAs, it's not very obvious who else should be getting the megabuck offers. GH is having a career year at exactly the right time.

Missing half of the season is not a career year in my book.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    I love Jeff Teague, but we'd be making a huge mistake giving him a long term deal over 15 million per year.
    You know Rubio makes 13...under old contract structure. We would be lucky to get a healthy starting point guard in their prime for 15.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

As for Hill, hey, if you think at 31 he's going to stay healthy then pay him, but max? No way. Jazz would be crazy. 95 mill for Gobert, Hayward, Favors and GHill is bad.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Missing half of the season is not a career year in my book.
    I suppose for George it's a career year. It boils down to what you think he is. I think he's a solid starting combo guard who defends pretty well. He's never going to be the straw that stirs the drink, so he's not your ideal PG. He's also not consistently explosive offensively so he's not an all-star level guard. But he's just a notch below that which isn't bad. He's having a very good year if you ignore the rest he gets every few games.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

If Solo can get 12M/yr, Jeff can get 18M/yr. I have no doubt he will get 15M+ on the market. If we don't pay him something like that, we will be lucky to find a replacement that good for the same price.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I look for Teague to get $18-20 million per year. He will re-sign with us, unless he has issues with the FO, coaches or a player.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    I look for Teague to get $18-20 million per year. He will re-sign with us, unless he has issues with the FO, coaches or a player.
    We gotta re-sign teague. Right now he's not that far behind PG IMO
    2017 NBA Champions

22. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    You know Rubio makes 13...under old contract structure. We would be lucky to get a healthy starting point guard in their prime for 15.
    Yea, but we aren't competing now. I know a lot of people are still in denial of where this team is, but we need to rebuild, not sign PGs getting ready to exit their prime to a massive 5 year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    If Solo can get 12M/yr, Jeff can get 18M/yr. I have no doubt he will get 15M+ on the market. If we don't pay him something like that, we will be lucky to find a replacement that good for the same price.
    I agree he will get that. But we shouldn't sign him to that.

I agree he will get that. But we shouldn't sign him to that.
    you just want to go full Hinkie don't you?

Also 4 apg as an starting point guard who is having a "career year" is kind of trash, those are TJ Ford numbers.

Edit: Indiana TJ Ford numbers
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-17-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    you just want to go full Hinkie don't you?
    Not even close. There is a big difference between rebuilding and tanking. I find it pretty weird that some people can't see this.

I see no value in staying the same course when your team isn't good. Plus, if PG leaves(which I believe there to be a pretty good chance of), then we have Jeff Teague on this massive contract in his 30's on a team that can't make the playoffs.
    Last edited by Dr. Awesome; 03-17-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Not even close. There is a big difference between rebuilding and tanking. I find it pretty weird that some people can't see this.

I see no value in staying the same course when your team isn't good. Plus, if PG leaves(which I believe there to be a pretty good chance of), then we have Jeff Teague on this massive contract in his 30's on a team that can't make the playoffs.
    PG will absolutely leave if we don't resign Teague. Teague will be a tradeable asset on an 18-20 mil contract if PG does indeed leave when the time comes. Why ensure that happening though?

I see the difference in rebuilding and tanking, but not wanting to keep Teague means this team will be tanking. Who will they bring in instead? Might as well trade PG in the offseason if you are going to do that.

PG will absolutely leave if we don't resign Teague. Teague will be a tradeable asset on an 18-20 mil contract if PG does indeed leave when the time comes. Why ensure that happening though?

I see the difference in rebuilding and tanking, but not wanting to keep Teague means this team will be tanking. Who will they bring in instead? Might as well trade PG in the offseason if you are going to do that.
    Well, I'm of the belief that PG is leaving and I do think trading him in the offseason would be best. But no, not bringing Teague back is not tanking, which again, just kinda shows you don't know the difference.

Tanking is when you are TRYING to lose games. Teams tanking have sometimes even benched their best players to ensure that they lose. You can still have a team that is hungry and fighting to win games during a rebuild. Maybe your team isn't as good, but you don't have the mentality that comes with tanking.

Also, I don't think Teague's contract will be super tradeable. His entire game is based on his speed and athleticism. He might not be there yet, or even next year, but he is coming up on that time where we COULD see a steep decline in his production. Look how fast it happened with Monta. When a players entire game is based on speed, as you start to lose that it can be difficult to adjust. Maybe Teague learns to play around it, some players do, but I don't wanna bet 25 million a year on it, especially when I see a rebuild coming anyway.
    Last edited by Dr. Awesome; 03-17-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Well, I'm of the belief that PG is leaving and I do think trading him in the offseason would be best. But no, not bringing Teague back is not tanking, which again, just kinda shows you don't know the difference.

Tanking is when you are TRYING to lose games. Teams tanking have sometimes even benched their best players to ensure that they lose. You can still have a team that is hungry and fighting to win games during a rebuild. Maybe your team isn't as good, but you don't have the mentality that comes with tanking.
    I believe letting your second best player walk which will ensure your best player leaving is TRYING to lose. But tell me again how I don't understand tanking.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Also they better trade PG before FA because if we let Teague walk, no one is gonna trade for PG when they could just sign him outright the following year. Everyone will know he's not returning to Indy.

I believe letting your second best player walk which will ensure your best player leaving is TRYING to lose. But tell me again how I don't understand tanking.
    Its not trying to lose, its trying to rebuild.

This isn't rocket science.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Also 4 apg as an starting point guard who is having a "career year" is kind of trash, those are TJ Ford numbers.

Nevermind the rest of the production or impact on the W/L record eh? It's all about assists baby

Mood

Don't insult TJ. He was over 5 most of his time here.
    2017 NBA Champions

36. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post: