Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post game--Knicks Beat Up Pacers

Sports Logo

Default Re: Post game--Knicks Beat Up Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTF? doubleteam DRose and leave Melo open?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

sav

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    My issue with this is, Melo's unconscious at this point and you're giving him an open jumper. Give Rose the layup and trust that someone will at least try to contest it at the rim.
    Oh it was definitely a bad call on PG's part. At the same time I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating it must be to watch your starting point guard get driven on at will by every player in the association.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wage For This Useful Post:

Mood

Didn't think we'd get a rival to the Nuggets calamity for the 'dispiriting effort of the year' award but this tops it given the playoff run context.

Happy for us to miss now. This was horrific.
    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

Are we all okay with the fact that for the season Thad Young is averaging a whopping 5.9 rpg? I'm not sure where that ranks in terms of power forwards in the NBA but that just seems a little low to me.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Other than Glen Robinson (and maybe Christmas?), no one on this roster has had an unequivocally positive 2016-17 season.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I watched until HT and went to bed thinking it would be a fairly straight forward W.

What the hell happened??
    https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

Change is neither good or bad, it simply is.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    I watched until HT and went to bed thinking it would be a fairly straight forward W.

What the hell happened??
    Knicks became much more physical everywhere and the Pacers comletely quit operating the offense as a team. One on one or just bad shots.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

This loss was a disgrace.

I will say though, I've watched a number of Knicks games this season and that was by far the best I have seen their defense. Horny was asked after the game if that was the Knicks best defense of the of the season and he said yeh, I think it was. Horny seemed surprised by it all.

Pacers often wilt offensively when teams get physical and aggressive. Same thing happened in Milwaukee last week and both games in Miami this season - several other games, but those come to mind

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just the epitome of a mediocre team. We will never get any higher than a couple games over .500.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Are we all okay with the fact that for the season Thad Young is averaging a whopping 5.9 rpg? I'm not sure where that ranks in terms of power forwards in the NBA but that just seems a little low to me.
    No I'm not, I think Thad would be fine in the right role but he's not cut out to be a starting pf IMO. We need a starter next to Turner that won't get knocked down by a strong gust of wind and he doesn't really need to stretch the floor since Turner has that area covered for us. A bigger stronger, better rebounding pf or c and it doesn't really matter.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

The Spurs play with 2 bigs. Aldridge and Dedmon start with Lee and Gasol coming off the bench. We should try to emulate the Spurs instead of Golden State. Move Turner to PF and find a starting Center in the off season.

By the way, Young's 5.9 rpg is right at his career average. He is playing the way he has pretty much his entire career. Personally, I still think we made a good move getting him in the off season but we needed to find another big to be in the rotation instead of signing Al Jefferson.

I'm not a big fan, no.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    No I'm not, I think Thad would be fine in the right role but he's not cut out to be a starting pf IMO. We need a starter next to Turner that won't get knocked down by a strong gust of wind and he doesn't really need to stretch the floor since Turner has that area covered for us. A bigger stronger, better rebounding pf or c and it doesn't really matter.
    I think we need to try and copy the Spurs. Move Turner to PF and find a starting Center.

TYoung would be good coming off the bench for 20-25 mpg...or we could trade him for a Center.

Of course my opinion could change if we play well tonight.

I'm ok with Thad, but not sure why he plays as many minutes that he does

Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post
    I'm ok with Thad, but not sure why he plays as many minutes that he does
    You know I still think ultimately it was a good trade and in the beginning of the season it looked like a great trade as Lavert didn't play due to injury. However he now is avg. almost 8 points a game on nearly 50% from the field and while I haven't seen a lot of him what I have seen I can say that he has legitimate NBA talent. It was a trade of needs but I have a feeling that in the long run we may look back and kind of cringe over this especially since we have done no better than we have this season.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

You know I still think ultimately it was a good trade and in the beginning of the season it looked like a great trade as Lavert didn't play due to injury. However he now is avg. almost 8 points a game on nearly 50% from the field and while I haven't seen a lot of him what I have seen I can say that he has legitimate NBA talent. It was a trade of needs but I have a feeling that in the long run we may look back and kind of cringe over this especially since we have done no better than we have this season.
    In the future, maybe we shouldn't trade first round picks for players who have already peaked even though the immediate production is tempting.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I'm fine with it. He does enough other things to help the team. He is a role player, brought in as a role player, never been a good rebounder.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Levert is shooting 45% and averaging 7.5 ppg for the Nets

Quincy Avy is shooting 52% and averaging 7.2 ppg for the Nets

That said, here is a recent article about his play of late...

“(LeVert’s) activity, his IQ, his defensive IQ is really impressive for a rookie — one of the best I’ve seen,” said Nets coach Kenny Atkinson, whose team snapped a 16-game home losing streak. “There was a Derrick Rose right-hand drive (with 2:43 remaining in a tightening game), Jeremy was there, but I think it’s going in. Caris comes over and makes it a tough shot (because) he’s got to finish over him.”
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/03/...-caris-levert/

We'll see, just hard tellin on a team like the Nets if he is any good putting up modest numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I'm fine with it. He does enough other things to help the team. He is a role player, brought in as a role player, never been a good rebounder.
    If we were able to keep the team as is, I would love to upgrade the starting PF and backup center positions. Everyone wants a SG when CJ has been pretty good. Moving Thad's role playing ability to the bench would be a great luxury IMO.

Lavert look great. Easily one of the better rookies in what appears to be a crap draft class. But would the Pacers really have taken him if they'd kept the pick? I don't watch much college ball, but i remember the chatter being that he was a pretty left-field selection by the Nets?

I'm ok with it, I mean you can have Faried and his 7.9 rpg while playing **** D, or Blake at 30mil per year(his next contract) while missing a bunch of games and averaging 8.6?

Milsap at 7.8 and he is going to make 30+ millions at age 33? Favors who many around here want him for his rebounding is averaging 6.2 per game

I really don't get the Thad rebounding complaints to tell you the true, sure he can rebound some more but I think his impact in the game is bigger than his rebounding issues.

If you want to compare him to more PF's http://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?s...tOrder=0&opp=0
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-15-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The issue is that what he brings to the table doesn't help the team win enough. He's a starter on a team that is stacked at the other positions, but that's not the case on the Pacers. His lack of rebounding ability is especially hurtful because Myles isn't the best rebounder either.

Thad's best role is off the bench. It has been throughout his career. Not sure why it was believed that would be different in Indy

List of better rebounder power forwards than Thad in the league:

Blake(8.6), Zbo(8.2), Green(8.0), Faried(7.9), Dieng(7.9), Millsap(7.8), Gibson(6.6), Marvin Williams(6.3) and Favors(6.2), that's it people.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?s...tOrder=0&opp=0
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-15-2017 at 11:20 AM.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    List of better rebounder power forwards than Thad in the league:

Blake(8.6), Zbo(8.2), Green(8.0), Faried(7.9), Dieng(7.9), Millsap(7.8), Gibson(6.6), Marvin Williams(6.3) and Favors(6.2), that's it people.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?s...tOrder=0&opp=0
    Go one column over and use reb/48mins to adjust for minutes played per game and then count.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Go one column over and use reb/48mins to adjust for minutes played per game and then count.
    Nah plus 48 is worthless.

Edit: Lavoy is at 11RPG in plus 48 lol
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-15-2017 at 11:28 AM.