Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post game--Knicks Beat Up Pacers

Default Re: Post game--Knicks Beat Up Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTF? doubleteam DRose and leave Melo open?
    So let me get this straight, PG blocking Rose from going around Teague is wrong but Teague after that watching interested in the action of PG and most likely wondering how Paul is going to cover Melo AND Rose (Instead of taking over Melo to intercept that pass) is fine?

weird standards but ok, seems we have soured on PG, and Turner is a close second.

Nobody comments on Monta's play in the 2nd half? or the decision by Nate to play Stuckey, Ellis and George at the same time ? only one comments on why on earth Ellis is in instead of GRIII ?
    I put this one as about 10 other losses solely on Nate, and whist we are discussing Rebounds of our "front court" check how many PG had.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    So let me get this straight, PG blocking Rose from going around Teague is wrong but Teague after that watching interested in the action of PG and most likely wondering how Paul is going to cover Melo AND Rose (Instead of taking over Melo to intercept that pass) is fine?

weird standards but ok, seems we have soured on PG, and Turner is a close second.

Nobody comments on Monta's play in the 2nd half? or the decision by Nate to play Stuckey, Ellis and George at the same time ? only one comments on why on earth Ellis is in instead of GRIII ?
    I put this one as about 10 other losses solely on Nate, and whist we are discussing Rebounds of our "front court" check how many PG had.
    At no point did I solely blame PG13......as you suggested.....Teague should have rotated to cover Melo. It was just an overall poorly defensive play that raised a standard response.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-15-2017 at 12:54 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

You guys are still watching games?
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This loss was a disgrace.

I will say though, I've watched a number of Knicks games this season and that was by far the best I have seen their defense. Horny was asked after the game if that was the Knicks best defense of the of the season and he said yeh, I think it was. Horny seemed surprised by it all.

Pacers often wilt offensively when teams get physical and aggressive. Same thing happened in Milwaukee last week and both games in Miami this season - several other games, but those come to mind
    This lack of aggressiveness and the plain lack of a physical nature has been the primary reason for the record this season.
    Do TPTB see this?? Get me several 6'8" brutes who are good defenders and just keep bringing them in. This wimpy team needs some hamburgers.
    PG and Turner are good players but they need to be surrounded with a different type player.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

This loss was a disgrace.

I will say though, I've watched a number of Knicks games this season and that was by far the best I have seen their defense. Horny was asked after the game if that was the Knicks best defense of the of the season and he said yeh, I think it was. Horny seemed surprised by it all.

Pacers often wilt offensively when teams get physical and aggressive. Same thing happened in Milwaukee last week and both games in Miami this season - several other games, but those come to mind

Paul was getting beat up all night. Officiating got very one-sided in the 2nd half. I love that they gave Melo a foul on a 3pt shot after he missed the shot over Paul in the fourth quarter. Classic NBA refs.

I'm fine with it. He does enough other things to help the team. He is a role player, brought in as a role player, never been a good rebounder.
    With the qualifier of "off the bench". There has to bet a better option than that as a starter next to Myles
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    List of better rebounder power forwards than Thad in the league:

Blake(8.6), Zbo(8.2), Green(8.0), Faried(7.9), Dieng(7.9), Millsap(7.8), Gibson(6.6), Marvin Williams(6.3) and Favors(6.2), that's it people.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?s...tOrder=0&opp=0
    My solution would be to put Turner at pf and find another center
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo

If the Knicks really are willing to trade Carmello I would love to get him, him and Butler are my two favorite non Pacers.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Nah plus 48 is worthless.

Edit: Lavoy is at 11RPG in plus 48 lol
    Comparing how good of rebounders are who play different amount of minutes is even more worthless. Unless you think a guy who averages 5rebs in 20mins of playing time is a worse rebounder than a guy who averages 5.5 in 30mins, the benefit of adjusting for minutes played should be pretty clear.

Thad isn't a good rebounder for the number of minutes he plays. Him getting more minutes than most doesn't change his ineffectiveness with rebounding. Per-48 or per-36 is just easier to read/understand than per-1.
    Last edited by Since86; 03-16-2017 at 11:21 AM.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post

Don't tell anyone, but two weeks ago there was an article in the Indystar about how PG and Nate sat down and went through defensive possessions and came up with the solution of switching on the perimeter to slow down opponents outside shooting. Seems to me that PG was expecting the switch, and got hung out to dry.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Comparing how good of rebounders are who play different amount of minutes is even more worthless. Unless you think a guy who averages 5rebs in 20mins of playing time is a worse rebounder than a guy who averages 5.5 in 30mins, the benefit of adjusting for minutes played should be pretty clear.

Thad isn't a good rebounder for the number of minutes he plays. Him getting more minutes than most doesn't change his ineffectiveness with rebounding. Per-48 or per-36 is just easier to read/understand than per-1.

Per 48 got Millsap at 10.9 and Thad at 9.3, again those stats are trash.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

WTF? Millsap averages more rebounders per game than Thad outright. So pointing out that he averages more per-48 and using that as an argument for why per-48 is trash and per game is better literally makes zero sense. Per-48 actually closes the gap between them......