Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 98 of 98

Thread: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

  1. #76
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    31
    Posts
    29,817

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Averages, how do they work?
    Only when they support Lance Stephenson.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    5,689

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CJ is uniquely inconsistent. He makes Stephen Jackson look consistent. Averages are nice information. Like any stat, they just don't tell the whole story. But I would like to see what Troy Murphy's 3% was in the 4th quarter as compared to the 1st 3 quarters before the competition started to defend.
    This is so stupid. If a guy shoots amazing in 3 out of 4 quarters he still helps the team.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  5. #78

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Make up your mind. You want a young shooter to take over at shooting guard, but you are using youth as an excuse for...actually I'm not sure what your point is here. You want a gunner like Dion Waiters but you chastise CJ for hoisting without a conscience, ignoring that CJ's percentages are better than anything Waiters has ever done in his career and Waiters is your classic high volume scorer.
    Actually I was making a positive point in CJ's direction. If Myles and GR3 hoisted without conscience like CJ does they might be bigger threats from 3pt range.

  6. #79
    Old School BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    21,834

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is so stupid. If a guy shoots amazing in 3 out of 4 quarters he still helps the team.
    You must not remember that year of the 4th quarter collapse. Teams would toy with the Pacers and by the 4th quarter they were guarding us and beating us. Troy filled the stat sheet alright but when it came to winning time he was doing nothing but losing.

    BTW, if a guy shoots amazing in 3 out of 4 quarters and falls apart, that is a guy who helps you stay out of the cellar, out of the playoffs and out of the lottery. Not a good place to be...at....all.

  7. #80
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    5,689

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You must not remember that year of the 4th quarter collapse. Teams would toy with the Pacers and by the 4th quarter they were guarding us and beating us. Troy filled the stat sheet alright but when it came to winning time he was doing nothing but losing.

    BTW, if a guy shoots amazing in 3 out of 4 quarters and falls apart, that is a guy who helps you stay out of the cellar, out of the playoffs and out of the lottery. Not a good place to be...at....all.
    Where do I begin? CJ has shot better in wins this season. Has a better EWA than players on teams with more wins and/or higher expectations (Ryan Anderson, Belineli, Ariza).

    Then, for a player to be 3rd in three point % among players who have made 140 or more AND be on a team that is average in point differential (meaning there are less than the average minutes for garbage time) how many shots do you believe CJ Miles is missing in winning time yet he is still shooting such a high percentage? He shoots 5 threes a game, least amount in past 3 years here.

    So, common sense is this is the first year he is playing a proper role (first year PG injured, second year power forward) and is taking much better shots.

    You have said nothing to back up your opinion.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  9. #81
    Old School BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    21,834

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where do I begin? CJ has shot better in wins this season. Has a better EWA than players on teams with more wins and/or higher expectations (Ryan Anderson, Belineli, Ariza).

    Then, for a player to be 3rd in three point % among players who have made 140 or more AND be on a team that is average in point differential (meaning there are less than the average minutes for garbage time) how many shots do you believe CJ Miles is missing in winning time yet he is still shooting such a high percentage? He shoots 5 threes a game, least amount in past 3 years here.

    So, common sense is this is the first year he is playing a proper role (first year PG injured, second year power forward) and is taking much better shots.

    You have said nothing to back up your opinion.
    So you are saying we found our starting SG?

  10. #82
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    5,689

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you are saying we found our starting SG?
    I would prefer a better defender on the wing, and someone younger going forward.

  11. #83
    Old School BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    21,834

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would prefer a better defender on the wing, and someone younger going forward.
    OK. You prefer a better defender. So you are suggesting he has what it takes on offense to be the answer at SG?

    He's had 5 shots of proving himself in the playoffs and he's averaging 25% from 3. His best year he shot 32% from 3 in the playoffs. Last year was 10%. Yet his calling card is his 3 point shooting, right? It's not like he's doing anything else on the floor, right? I suppose he is a good free throw shooter.

    Edit: Also, as you imply he's getting old for an NBA player. He turns 30 in a month and is basically a finished product. Why would anyone think he would start producing in the playoffs now? He's headed down shortly. We are talking a guy who has never proven he can produce in the playoffs. I'm fine with him as a spot backup when someone is hurt or at garbage time, but when a key playoff game is on the line? You have to be kidding.

    Oh...and about backing up my opinion. Compare several recent Pacer guards percentages from 3 in the playoffs and see where the great sharpshooter ranks:

    George Hill: 37.1%
    Paul George: 35.8%
    Lance Stephenson: 32.6%
    Jeff Teague: 31.1%
    Monta Ellis: 30%
    Rodney Stuckey: 28%
    CJ Miles: 25%
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 03-15-2017 at 05:07 PM.

  12. #84
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    5,689

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK. You prefer a better defender. So you are suggesting he has what it takes on offense to be the answer at SG?

    He's had 5 shots of proving himself in the playoffs and he's averaging 25% from 3. His best year he shot 32% from 3 in the playoffs. Last year was 10%. Yet his calling card is his 3 point shooting, right? It's not like he's doing anything else on the floor, right? I suppose he is a good free throw shooter.

    Edit: Also, as you imply he's getting old for an NBA player. He turns 30 in a month and is basically a finished product. Why would anyone think he would start producing in the playoffs now? He's headed down shortly. We are talking a guy who has never proven he can produce in the playoffs. I'm fine with him as a spot backup when someone is hurt or at garbage time, but when a key playoff game is on the line? You have to be kidding.

    Oh...and about backing up my opinion. Compare several recent Pacer guards percentages from 3 in the playoffs and see where the great sharpshooter ranks:

    George Hill: 37.1%
    Paul George: 35.8%
    Lance Stephenson: 32.6%
    Jeff Teague: 31.1%
    Monta Ellis: 30%
    Rodney Stuckey: 28%
    CJ Miles: 25%
    5 shots?

    1 of those "shots" he played 3 minutes in 1 game

    Seriously, do you just not understand basketball or are you trolling?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  14. #85
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    15,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where do I begin? CJ has shot better in wins this season. Has a better EWA than players on teams with more wins and/or higher expectations (Ryan Anderson, Belineli, Ariza).

    Then, for a player to be 3rd in three point % among players who have made 140 or more AND be on a team that is average in point differential (meaning there are less than the average minutes for garbage time) how many shots do you believe CJ Miles is missing in winning time yet he is still shooting such a high percentage? He shoots 5 threes a game, least amount in past 3 years here.

    So, common sense is this is the first year he is playing a proper role (first year PG injured, second year power forward) and is taking much better shots.

    You have said nothing to back up your opinion.
    CJ was quite good the final month and a half of the season in which Paul was injured.

    I think as long as you're using him as a role playing volume 3point shooter, you're more than fine.

    He's much better suited for that role than PF

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  16. #86
    Old School BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    21,834

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    5 shots?

    1 of those "shots" he played 3 minutes in 1 game

    Seriously, do you just not understand basketball or are you trolling?
    Maybe he didn't deserve more than 3 minutes. Was his coach the problem? His team made the playoffs 5 different times an he was a non-factor and a negative factor for the Pacers last year. His game simply has not shown that it can translate to truly competitive basketball.

    I will give you this. He *might* get another shot later this year. If he can at least average 35% with some level of consistency in the playoffs from 3 I will consider that progress. He isn't doing anything else on the floor even offensively. He averages 0.6 assists in over 20 minutes a game. LaVoy Allen and Al Jefferson are both averaging 50% more assists with a LOT less time on the floor. CJ does nothing on the glass either. If he's not doing any of this and he's not defending, what the heck is he doing?

  17. #87
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,163
    Mood

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CJ can shoot until you play in real games. 10% from 3 in the playoffs last year. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee. People do not get how bad it is to rely in a guy who is basically the anti-thesis of Reggie Miller. CJ has ice water in his veins until they freeze up rendering him useless.
    CJ shoots 42% on the season. He's been consistently good all year. If you don't think so I can't help but wonder if you've been watching. He's had some nice clutch buckets like that one against the rockets a couple weeks ago.
    2017 NBA Champions

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:


  19. #88
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    5,689

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe he didn't deserve more than 3 minutes. Was his coach the problem? His team made the playoffs 5 different times an he was a non-factor and a negative factor for the Pacers last year. His game simply has not shown that it can translate to truly competitive basketball.

    I will give you this. He *might* get another shot later this year. If he can at least average 35% with some level of consistency in the playoffs from 3 I will consider that progress. He isn't doing anything else on the floor even offensively. He averages 0.6 assists in over 20 minutes a game. LaVoy Allen and Al Jefferson are both averaging 50% more assists with a LOT less time on the floor. CJ does nothing on the glass either. If he's not doing any of this and he's not defending, what the heck is he doing?
    This is a mess. CJ has been really good at his role this season. Until you back up your opinion with any stat that doesn't involve 3 minutes of 1 game from 10 years ago I'm done with your trolling.
    Last edited by freddielewis14; 03-15-2017 at 08:32 PM.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  21. #89
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    5,689

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Back to the OP, Teague and PG celebrated together a lot tonight.
    Last edited by freddielewis14; 03-15-2017 at 08:31 PM.

  22. #90

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird didn't buy the Bentley. Simon did. Bird probably pooped on its windows before it was wheeled out of what was then Conseco Fieldhouse.
    Ah, good. I see that you're backing up your babbling with factual events.

  23. #91
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    34,152

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    PG and Teague's chemistry last night was excellent

  24. #92
    Member PaceKid31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    29

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG and Teague's chemistry last night was excellent
    They must be following this thread
    "I think the people that may have questions about him will say wait a minute, why wasn't he more dominant at Fresno State? He's a maturing player, a guy that's figuring it out and you know when you're considering drafting guys that have been freshman and all that stuff. He's got the potential to get better and better and better." - Jay Bilas on PG on draft night.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceKid31 For This Useful Post:


  26. #93
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    I think PG is probably hard for point guards to generally play with (he didn't do GH any favors). IMO he handles the ball way more than he should for his talent level as a ball handler. I think this is probably a coaching failure that goes back to Vogel and there are now a lot of in-grained habits in his play that don't necessarily highlight his best skill sets.
    Danger Zone

  27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  28. #94
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird didn't buy the Bentley. Simon did. Bird probably pooped on its windows before it was wheeled out of what was then Conseco Fieldhouse.
    That's what Bird's do. You live with it and take your car to the carwash or hope it rains soon.
    Danger Zone

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  30. #95

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    I have read this entire thread and have no idea what BlueNGold's point is, lol...I think Freddy picked apart his argument honestly...

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timid For This Useful Post:


  32. #96
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,163
    Mood

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by timid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have read this entire thread and have no idea what BlueNGold's point is, lol...I think Freddy picked apart his argument honestly...
    LOL

    It looks like he just decided he was going to argue everything anyone said no matter what
    Last edited by pacers_heath; 03-17-2017 at 08:02 PM.
    2017 NBA Champions

  33. #97
    Old School BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    21,834

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL

    It looks like he just decided he was going to argue everything anyone said no matter what
    We'll see how CJ does with his next shot at the playoffs. If he shoots over 35% from 3 he will have proven something he has never done.

  34. #98
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,163
    Mood

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think PG is probably hard for point guards to generally play with (he didn't do GH any favors). IMO he handles the ball way more than he should for his talent level as a ball handler. I think this is probably a coaching failure that goes back to Vogel and there are now a lot of in-grained habits in his play that don't necessarily highlight his best skill sets.
    Yeah, he seems to think its good for the team to try and imitate kobe iso's. Idk how many times he's dribbled the ball off his foot doing this crap
    2017 NBA Champions

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •