Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 98

Thread: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

  1. #26
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,158
    Mood

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    I think its normal for basketball players to get frustrated with teammates and bicker on the court a little. It would be weird if they didn't.
    2017 NBA Champions

  2. #27
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,158
    Mood

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry gave the team no shooters. He's simply too old fashioned to "exec" in today's NBA. Phil Jackson is looking like he's also in the same box.
    No shooters? Our whole freaking starting lineup can shoot.
    2017 NBA Champions

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,194

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Hill and Teague are the same player. Teague's just a little quicker. I don't know what anyone on here thought when the Pacers traded for Teague. I live in Atlanta. No one was sad to see Teague go. He was just as frustrating as Hill.

    When either player takes charge, they are simply great. But they are quiet laid back guys, so they don't take charge nearly enough. Frustrating.
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  6. #29

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    PG has never accepted Teague. Paul, "leader/superstar" (lol), never called or texted Teague when he arrived here last summer. Teague is the reason Paul's best friend is not here so Jeff is the reason to blame. PG & Teague don't have chemistry because Paul never allowed it to happen nor will he. And that is why this Pacers team sucks. That is the absolute truth. You can talk about not having shooters, which is bs...this roster should battling Cleveland for the #1 seed right now. But when your best player is not happy this is what you get. Pacers could be really good.

    I love the people who think Teague will leave this summer if PG gets traded. Too funny.

  7. #30

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No shooters? Our whole freaking starting lineup can shoot.
    Our shooting guard position has been a revolving door this season. It needs to be solidified. We went through:

    Ellis
    CJ Miles
    GR 3

    ^that's not consistency.

  8. #31

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hill and Teague are the same player. Teague's just a little quicker. I don't know what anyone on here thought when the Pacers traded for Teague. I live in Atlanta. No one was sad to see Teague go. He was just as frustrating as Hill.

    When either player takes charge, they are simply great. But they are quiet laid back guys, so they don't take charge nearly enough. Frustrating.


    Teague is superior to Hill in just about every aspect except defense and probably a few percentage numbers down from Hill in 3-pt percentage. That's about it. Speed, court vision, assists, aggression he's far better. They way he took it to Westbrook in that OKC game early in the season showed me something.

  9. #32
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    15,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Teague is superior to Hill in just about every aspect except defense and probably a few percentage numbers down from Hill in 3-pt percentage. That's about it. Speed, court vision, assists, aggression he's far better. They way he took it to Westbrook in that OKC game early in the season showed me something.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  11. #33

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On top of that Teague gets injured far less. Hill seems to be more and more perpetually injured with each passing season.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:


  13. #34
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    15,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Someone should check Teague's stats since Paul's quote regarding playing together in spite of not getting along off the court.

    Just knowing Jeff's production over the last 15ish games or so, I'd venture to bet they aren't that good.

    Don't know if the two situations coincide with one another, but it'd be an interesting thing to correlate

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  15. #35
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    31
    Posts
    29,789

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Good, good. I've been waiting for the opportunity to discuss Teague v Hill.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  17. #36
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    15,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On top of that Teague gets injured far less. Hill seems to be more and more perpetually injured with each passing season.
    This I do agree with this. If you can't play, you can't contribute.

    I won't contribute to taking over another thread, but your original notion is idiotic at best. I'll leave it at that

  18. #37
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    8,938

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good, good. I've been waiting for the opportunity to discuss Teague v Hill.
    Its pretty shocking that we have made it this far in the season without having this discussion yet.

  19. #38

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone should check Teague's stats since Paul's quote regarding playing together in spite of not getting along off the court.

    Just knowing Jeff's production over the last 15ish games or so, I'd venture to bet they aren't that good.

    Don't know if the two situations coincide with one another, but it'd be an interesting thing to correlate
    Where's that quote?
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  20. #39
    Old School BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    21,810

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry built us a ECF contender & it's up to the players to make it happen. The players failed Larry. Anyone that can't see that is just obviously too stupid.
    I've been supporting Larry Bird from the day he left ISU and headed east to Boston. That changed over the last 2 years. Whatever ability Larry had at building a team is apparently gone. He drafts well. He still deserves that badge. But there isn't much left. Bird did the following and this is just too much:

    1) He disrespected Reggie Miller around the time of Reggie's retirement
    2) He disrespected Danny Granger by the way he dumped him off to a cellar dwelling team with no notice. Granger earned the right to have some input in his exit. This ticked off David West and George Hill btw.
    3) He acquired CJ Miles, who is more damaging to a contender than people realize. In the process of acquiring CJ he ticked off Lance Stephenson who paired nicely with George Hill and Paul George. We didn't need to break that up.
    4) He acquired Rodney Stuckey who is the type of sticky fingered poor shooting guard who struggle in today's NBA.
    5) He acquired an old, worn out Monta Ellis who couldn't shoot himself out of a paper bag with a 38 magnum.
    6) After saying he wanted to play faster, inexplicably he acquired Al Jefferson.
    7) He acquired Jeff Teague without having anyone for him to pass to.


    Make no mistake. When Granger was discarded that hurt chemistry of a contender. It's not like you don't trade Danny. The issue is with the WAY Bird has run the team along with the recent terrible acquisitions that have led the team to solid mediocre-ville.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  22. #40
    Old School BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    21,810

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This I do agree with this. If you can't play, you can't contribute.

    I won't contribute to taking over another thread, but your original notion is idiotic at best. I'll leave it at that
    You should at least acknowledge that Hill is in a better situation in Utah as compared to Teague in Indiana. Teague's strengths are not being used in Indiana because we have no shooters. The dude can penetrate and dish extremely well but he does not have any pure shooters. There are only 2 other teams in the ENTIRE NBA that shoot less 3's. We should have a scheme where Teague penetrates and dishes to a 3 point shooter but we simply don't have a guy like that. No, CJ is not that guy.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  24. #41
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    15,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where's that quote?
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/pa...er-the-pacers/



  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  26. #42

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You should at least acknowledge that Hill is in a better situation in Utah as compared to Teague in Indiana. Teague's strengths are not being used in Indiana because we have no shooters. The dude can penetrate and dish extremely well but he does not have any pure shooters. There are only 2 other teams in the ENTIRE NBA that shoot less 3's. We should have a scheme where Teague penetrates and dishes to a 3 point shooter but we simply don't have a guy like that. No, CJ is not that guy.
    ^This all day. Teague has no shooters to dish to. In Atlanta he had 4. Here he has 2. Myles and Paul. But that number is actually '1' because the front office wants Myles more in the post and less behind the 3 pt line at this stage in his career.

  27. #43
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    15,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You should at least acknowledge that Hill is in a better situation in Utah as compared to Teague in Indiana. Teague's strengths are not being used in Indiana because we have no shooters. The dude can penetrate and dish extremely well but he does not have any pure shooters. There are only 2 other teams in the ENTIRE NBA that shoot less 3's. We should have a scheme where Teague penetrates and dishes to a 3 point shooter but we simply don't have a guy like that. No, CJ is not that guy.
    Argued that point for Hill for years. I don't wanna hear that **** now lol

  28. #44

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, I'll bite. This could be interpreted in all different kinds of ways. Could you say more? What one might construe from what you're saying is that PG and Myles aren't meshing either. In this case, given the circumstances, it's pretty clear that they'd move Paul before they moved Myles and Teague. Might as well reboot now if they have no chemistry with each other from my perspective.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm just going by the way they interact with each other on the court, during warmups, on the bench during timeouts, etc. I watch that stuff very closely and I have a pretty decent view at the games.

    Paul seems to like Myles, but it's mild. I think they can coincide, but there's a relatively large divide within the team overall. There are even a couple of guys who don't appear to be liked by anyone. For a team like ours with poor coaching and poor roster makeup, they can't afford poor chemistry at all.

    Also fwiw, I don't want Teague back. I knew it wasn't going to work out with him. I guess it was worth a shot if you're 100% convinced that George Hill is gone. But honestly I would've rather had Prince with pick #12.
    Last edited by imawhat; 03-14-2017 at 09:13 PM.

  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  30. #45
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    31
    Posts
    29,789

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ^This all day. Teague has no shooters to dish to. In Atlanta he had 4. Here he has 2. Myles and Paul. But that number is actually '1' because the front office wants Myles more in the post and less behind the 3 pt line at this stage in his career.
    PG can shoot. CJ can shoot. Myles can shoot. So, uh, what?

  31. #46
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    15,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG can shoot. CJ can shoot. Myles can shoot. So, uh, what?
    Glenn "an underdog his whole life" Robinson the Third is shooting 40% from 3 as well.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  33. #47
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,302

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    So there was off court drama during the Lance/Turner/PG years ..

    Off court drama/dislike in the current state...

    what's the deal? i'm an outsider who just saw that quote from Paul

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:


  35. #48
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    31
    Posts
    29,789

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So there was off court drama during the Lance/Turner/PG years ..

    Off court drama/dislike in the current state...

    what's the deal? i'm an outsider who just saw that quote from Paul
    PG miiiight be a bit of a prima donna.

  36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  37. #49
    Old School BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    21,810

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glenn "an underdog his whole life" Robinson the Third is shooting 40% from 3 as well.
    There are only 2 teams in the ENTIRE NBA that shoot less 3's. The issue isn't that we don't have a good %. It's that the guys scoring on the team are not shooting 3's. GRIII averages 6ppg and is really getting backup minutes. Same with CJ. Monta Ellis plays more minutes than both of them and can't hit the broad side of a barn.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

    sav

  39. #50
    Old School BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    21,810

    Default Re: On court chemistry between PG and Jeff Teague

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Argued that point for Hill for years. I don't wanna hear that **** now lol
    The Jazz are a better than average team shooting the ball. They also shoot more 3's. Yet Hill is averaging 4.2 assists to Teague's 7.9 assists. There's actually no argument that can be made. Hill is a nice combo guard and good all around player. Teague is a legit all-star PG on the right team. He just needs shooters and he doesn't just rack up stats. He makes his team mates much, much better. It's why Hill got dished like yet another Teague assist.

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •