Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post game-.500 Becons

Default Re: Post game-.500 Becons

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya, he hasn't been great after the all Star break, he has been interviewed saying he doesn't enjoy playing at home as much as he thought he would. I feel like as one player starts doing well offensively the others forget how to play
    Google search doesn't indicate there is an interview of Teague saying that

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was someone else talking about why Teague was struggling so early in the season and they gave the "it's not as easy to play at home as everyone thinks" line.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    It's pretty ridiculous.

I said it earlier in this thread, said it in the game thread, said it in the game thread before that: We absolutely have to get more from our starting frontcourt. I get Thad's wrist is bothering him and let's give him a cuddle for playing through the pain, but he is borderline useless out there right now. Myles has hit the sophomore wall, which I think he will bounce back from but it's a problem right now. I've long derided 12/25, but he's giving us exactly what we need out of him: physicality in the post and doing the scrappy stuff without needing the ball. He fouls roughly 11 times per minute, but you'll have that out of young bigs.
    I agree. We should play Christmas. He needs to get more NBA experience (we should have been playing him earlier in the season), it also give the officials the chance to learn his playing style. He will get called for a lot of fouls because he is a rookie, but as he gains experience he will start to improve and also the officials will give him some breaks. The bad part is that next season he will still be considered a rookie by the officials due to the fact that we did not play him earlier this season. I think he has 12 career games under his belt as of today. That number should be closer to 50...in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I stated that in the original post, regarding aggressiveness. I get that. But 3 foul shots the entire game? That's basically impossible. I've never seen a team attempt 3 freaking foul shots, ever. And ehile we weren't pounding it in, we were going in there. Even shooting nothing but jumpers would result in at least a handful of foul attempts. We never even sniffed the bonus in any quarter. The shot charts for both teams were pretty even, yet they shot 21 and we shot 3. That's just plain crazy. Its the lowest total in team history. That means that only twice during this game did Charlotte make contact on a Pacer shot. Twice.
    So what is the alternative you are proposing here? Are you saying that there was a conspiracy by the refs to not call fouls on the Hornets?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

mmmm becon
    Spoiler Spoiler:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DocHolliday For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Here it is:

That sense of home initially appealed to 2015 All-Star Jeff Teague, who was thrilled to be traded from Atlanta to play for his hometown Indiana Pacers in June. (The three-team swap — which sent George Hill, also an Indianapolis native, away from his hometown club — was the only trade to bring a veteran back to his hometown last offseason. The other nine players making a return trip all signed as free agents.)

Teague, a point guard with a mural of Indianapolis tattoos on his left arm, says he prioritizes his family; after the trade he moved into the basement of the house he bought for his parents. But as much as he loves being around his folks, the 28-year-old said in an interview that playing at home “is definitely not what I expected” so far. It’s been challenging to deal with so many people coming out of the woodwork to ask him for tickets, Teague said.
    “Honestly, it’s a lot easier playing in a place where you don’t know anyone, because no one really bothers you,” said Teague. “At home, everybody knows you. People ask for everything. And I try to tell them, ‘Talk to my parents,’ or just turn them down. But it’s hard to say no. Sometimes I just end up giving into it.”
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/nba-players-can-go-home-again-but-the-ticket-moochers-will-be-waiting/

Not exactly saying he isn't enjoying playing for the Pacers, but he isn't as thrilled as he expected to be.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Worrying about making sure you can secure dozens of free tickets every game instead of just getting to do your job has got to be daunting and stressful. Luckily, there's only one chair in my cubicle.

Clearly, the major issue right now is you can't have any two of the big 3 - PG, Myles, Teague - struggling at the same time. Despite CJ shooting/playing well of late, there just isn't enough consistent offense coming from the rest of the team. GRIII's potential is intriguing, but his consistency remains non-existent at this point. Al Jeff, Stuckey, Brooks, and Monta can't all be shown the door fast enough for my taste. Thad, well, what can you do? He's banged up. I assume he's only out there giving it a go because it can't make the injury any worse and it won't really prolong whatever best-case recovery scenario there is.

This team for me is hard to really get behind. Of course, part of it is the mediocrity and inconsistency reflected in the record. But I've been more staunchly invested in equally bad or inferior Pacer teams. I think it's as much or more about the personalities, or at least the mix of personalities. There's a leadership void. There's a toughness void. And I frankly don't get the sense the team is unified/together on the court in what they're trying to accomplish and how they go about it, including the mentality/intensity/team spirit with which they go about it.

I'm disappointed also by Teague seemingly throttling back his aggressiveness recently. Even if he's in a slump or having an off night, as the second best player it's paramount that he continue to have an attack mentality - pushing the ball, looking to score or create, and giving effort on D. Yes, the latter may never be his forte, but he's had stretches this season where he's shown he can at least be a pesky, effort defender. His steals numbers are way down during his slump. I'm sure he's tired. He's shouldered a lot. But you'd hope someone we're talking about spending big bucks on this offseason would be capable of it. I am very interested to see how he and PG finish the regular season and playoffs (assuming we hang on in the race).
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

11. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Worrying about making sure you can secure dozens of free tickets every game instead of just getting to do your job has got to be daunting and stressful. Luckily, there's only one chair in my cubicle.
    Oh, FFS. He didn't say it was anything more than a pain in the a** that he didn't really think about before he had to do it.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Of all the players we could have traded in order to get Jeff back home, George Hill had to be the worst choice possible. I got really excited thinking we were going to have Jeff and GH3 as our starting guard combo, but that ship sailed also.