Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Yahoo] Kevin Durant's injury could have a $212 million ramification for Paul George and the Pacers

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: [Yahoo] Kevin Durant's injury could have a $212 million ramification for Paul George and the Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...e-warriors-nba

Zach Lowe commented on some of our frustrations with PG in his 10 Things column today:
    Pretty much everything I've been saying.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: [Yahoo] Kevin Durant's injury could have a $212 million ramification for Paul George and the Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Pretty much everything I've been saying.

As I was reading that, I was thinking of some of those conversations we were having early in the season about PG--right down to the part where you know PG will turn it on in the playoffs.

All NBA teams aren't decided by an advanced stat algorithm, they're decided by the media and who knows what they look at. Paul made it last year with similar stats and I'd bet his playoff performance was a factor in influencing votes even if it wasn't supposed to be. I believe they announce this in late May don't they?
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Lowe summarizes it very well. Basically, if Paul brings it in the playoffs and wills us to round 2, everyone on here will be saying: "pay that man, shut up and take my money", and if he poops the bed or plays like he has this season, everyone on here will be begging to move him.

We all know what he's capable of. He just needs to follow through, and do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    I think Lowe summarizes it very well. Basically, if Paul brings it in the playoffs and wills us to round 2, everyone on here will be saying: "pay that man, shut up and take my money", and if he poops the bed or plays like he has this season, everyone on here will be begging to move him.

We all know what he's capable of. He just needs to follow through, and do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I get that he has played well in the playoffs his entire career. But he's going to have to start playing better in the regular season or the Pacers might not even make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I'm not disagreeing, I just wanted to make sure.

I think the issue is that the Pacers were thought to be extremely improved over last year. The supposed 'upgrades" that were added to the roster were supposed to help Paul take his game to a higher level. (the old adage that with more help, he would be able to do more offensively).

But since the team has been struggling, people look at Paul and think he's not doing enough.

I think Paul is having a nice year. Similar to last and the one previous. He will never put up big offensive numbers with high efficiency. That's just not who he is. So having that expectation set a lot of individuals up for a let down
    Paul's not playing bad but he's truly not producing like he was last year. I don't mean to make too much of that because he's still better than the alternative on the wing every single night. But let's be honest. His effort stats being down across the board means something. He has to own that.

As for the team struggling, no that's not all on Paul. Losing Hill and Mahinmi was huge to the defense. Mahinmi's size and presence was very important. Also, fit is an issue. Our guard situation is awful and worse than last year in terms of fit. So expecting the team to play better should not have happened. The team isn't constructed as well as it was.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I get that he has played well in the playoffs his entire career. But he's going to have to start playing better in the regular season or the Pacers might not even make it.
    Sorry, but I have to laugh because this very statement could have been lifted out of commentary about Reggie Miller in the late 90s.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...