Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Shaq vs JaVale McGee beef

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Shaq vs JaVale McGee beef

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How long do you continue laughing at yourself? If you hang with friends who make fun of you everytime you hang you'd be ticked off at some point.
    This.
    Also, McGee has been pretty self aware from what I've seen. Used to follow him on Snapchat because the dude clowned himself pretty often.

Shaq picked on Dwight Howard considerably more than Javale. Javale is just being Javale. Shaq just found a player who will react more than Dwight so it surfaces in the media. This is just Shaq's schtick and way of staying relevant (in his own mind). Shaq really just needs to grow up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How long do you continue laughing at yourself? If you hang with friends who make fun of you everytime you hang you'd be ticked off at some point.
    If they were laughing at me for doing stupid things and it bothered me that much, I'd stop doing stupid things.

If Shaq was making fun of Javale for something Javale couldn't control, then okay. But we're talking about getting made fun of for doing just absolutely mindless stuff here.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

I think Shaq and the producers have gone too far. If you are going to do the segment, that's fine if the content is current. Once you start bringing in old clips, it's too far. McGee also has gone way too far with his comments. Both need to just knock it off.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jrwannabe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I don't wanna live in a world where if you call out a guy for clowning you for years on national tv YOU get called soft.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't wanna live in a world where if you call out a guy for clowning you for years on national tv YOU get called soft.

1. It's less McGee and more him allowing mommy and daddy to fight his battles for him

2. "Calling someone out" is one thing but McGee went off the reservation.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    1. It's less McGee and more him allowing mommy and daddy to fight his battles for him

2. "Calling someone out" is one thing but McGee went off the reservation.
    We all have different families and all but only thing I allow my mom to do is tell me what I'm allowed to do. It's not like McGee has been completely quiet on it and only knew he had a problem because mom said something.

Definitely agree calling Shaq what he did is way too far.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

And whys it cool for Shaq's mom to get into it but not McGee's?

Nobody is saying McGee didn't have a right to be upset. When you go straight to the race card in this situation it comes off as very mentally soft. Just saying the worst **** he can say about Shaq without putting any thought into it.

And the one that goes to the commish is his mommy. The guy that steps in front of the camera is daddy. McGee just hides behind a tweet.
    Last edited by Kstat; 03-01-2017 at 01:17 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

If McGee had a problem, he should have gone to Shaq directly. Not a tweet, not his mom, not the commissioner.

As soon as he pulled the race card, he lost any credibility that he had. And he honestly didn't have much to begin with.

If he didn't want to be dissected, perhaps he shouldn't have committed so many boneheaded plays.

But to say that Shaq was bullying him is absolute nonsense. There are plenty of frequents that are on shaqtin-a-fool

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sound like McGee needs a safe space.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Also like to reiterate that it's a ****ing blooper reel. Stop calling it "bullying."

Was it inappropriate that he kept focusing on McGee even when he didn't do anything stupid that week? Absolutely. Was it bullying? No. Grow the **** up.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

I'm still trying to figure out why some of you are so willing to give Shaq a pass on threatening physical violence. People are calling out McGeee for acting immature over this but to me anyway it was Shaq who took this thing from a stupid back and forth thing that could have easily been ended to it being an issue that IMO anyway his employer now needs to step in and take care of.

Take this to its conclusion the way Shaq has it laid out. He meets McGee somewhere in a public place, say a playoff game, and he follows through on his threat of striking McGee. Where do we go from there? At what point in time is TNT going to be held liable for not only allowing this to escalate but also be encouraging it?

Here is Shaq's initial response to JaVale

@JaValeMcGee34 don't be acting like u a g I'll smack the ****** out yo bum *** u da one that be looking stupid with your dumb *** #bumass 3:57 AM - 24 Feb 2017

He followed up a little later with this masterpiece.

@JaValeMcGee34 we gonna see how tough you are when I see yo *** #bumassmcgee #bumsactinliketheyplayers #clownassballers #youneedmorepeople

I have a feeling that TNT has a code of conduct for its employee's and I get the feeling that this is not on the acceptable side, nor should it be.

The worst part of all of this is that in the end the only thing that will probably happen is that we will lose one of the great segments of TNT. Shaqtin a fool is a fun segment but I just get the feeling that someone in legal at TNT will put a boot to this.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ichi View Post
    This.
    Also, McGee has been pretty self aware from what I've seen. Used to follow him on Snapchat because the dude clowned himself pretty often.
    Yeah, that's only natural, but JaVale handled it poorly. If you are getting bullied, don't let the bully know his taunts are getting to you. I don't mind JaVale firing back at Shaq, but the way he did it wasn't very good.

Edit: For the record, Shaq is a whiny little ***** too. He gets butthurt all the time from Barkley and fires off crap like this. He's thin skinned too.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why some of you are so willing to give Shaq a pass on threatening physical violence. People are calling out McGeee for acting immature over this but to me anyway it was Shaq who took this thing from a stupid back and forth thing that could have easily been ended to it being an issue that IMO anyway his employer now needs to step in and take care of.

Take this to its conclusion the way Shaq has it laid out. He meets McGee somewhere in a public place, say a playoff game, and he follows through on his threat of striking McGee. Where do we go from there? At what point in time is TNT going to be held liable for not only allowing this to escalate but also be encouraging it?

Here is Shaq's initial response to JaVale

@JaValeMcGee34 don't be acting like u a g I'll smack the ****** out yo bum *** u da one that be looking stupid with your dumb *** #bumass 3:57 AM - 24 Feb 2017

He followed up a little later with this masterpiece.

@JaValeMcGee34 we gonna see how tough you are when I see yo *** #bumassmcgee #bumsactinliketheyplayers #clownassballers #youneedmorepeople

I have a feeling that TNT has a code of conduct for its employee's and I get the feeling that this is not on the acceptable side, nor should it be.

The worst part of all of this is that in the end the only thing that will probably happen is that we will lose one of the great segments of TNT. Shaqtin a fool is a fun segment but I just get the feeling that someone in legal at TNT will put a boot to this.

My money is on bumba** McGee Shaq can't fight anybody at this point.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    And whys it cool for Shaq's mom to get into it but not McGee's?

Shaq's mom didn't go to the media and complain that her son was getting bullied. She went directly to Shaq.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I'm sorry, but I TOTALLY disagree with the "Laugh at yourself. Realize it's a joke." line of thinking. I was that dude who would do silly stuff, and friends/family would laugh at me. I didn't mind it at first, but after a while I got tired of hearing it at almost every opportunity. Then it REALLY got on my nerves when the joke started going beyond the "inner circle".

I'm pretty sure McGee didn't mind it at first, or maybe he did and didn't think it was a big deal. However, it's getting to the point where it's starting shape the image of who he is as a person and CURRENT player. The video was probably the final straw. When I snapped, I told the person that just because YOU still think it's funny and must be "shared with the world", it doesn't me that I do.

It's McGee's image. If he doesn't want to be on Shaq's show, then he has every right to say something about it. McGee could be genuinely trying hard to be a good basketball player, but it's not helping him if Shaq is always running blooper segments about him that contradicts his work. The Warriors seem to like him and what he has done for the team.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

McGee has for all practical purposes played himself into being out of the NBA for the past 4-5 yrs because he can't stop doing stupid stuff on the floor. He's always had tons of potential with a two cent brain and propensity to do the unbelievably silly.

If he can't handle the ribbing I can only imagine what seeing his paycheck does to him when he looks around the league.

If it was his teammates and it was causing problems then okay, but not a guy who has a segment called shaqtin a fool.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

So.....the consensus is basically that he doesn't deserve to be considered a basketball players due to how he played while with the Wizards and Nuggets, although other players have made similar mistakes? As a result, people can make fun of him despite his current progress? Wow...that's sad.

I wouldn't mind the current McGee as a starting/backup center for this team.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    So.....the consensus is basically that he doesn't deserve to be considered a basketball players due to how he played while with the Wizards and Nuggets, although other players have made similar mistakes? As a result, people can make fun of him despite his current progress? Wow...that's sad.

I wouldn't mind the current McGee as a starting/backup center for this team.
    Javale wouldn't last in over half the places I've worked at, if that's the case. I worked in one place on/off for 13 years, and most of the guys there were there for 20+...if you screwed up in any way, you would NEVER hear the end of it. To this day, things get brought up that one of us has done, regardless of how humiliating it was. And with these guys, the more mad you got, the more they laughed in your face.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    Javale wouldn't last in over half the places I've worked at, if that's the case. I worked in one place on/off for 13 years, and most of the guys there were there for 20+...if you screwed up in any way, you would NEVER hear the end of it. To this day, things get brought up that one of us has done, regardless of how humiliating it was. And with these guys, the more mad you got, the more they laughed in your face.
    Well, I guess I would be fighting with your co-workers then. There's only going to be so many times I'm going to let people humiliate me over the same situation that happened a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I TOTALLY disagree with the "Laugh at yourself. Realize it's a joke." line of thinking. I was that dude who would do silly stuff, and friends/family would laugh at me. I didn't mind it at first, but after a while I got tired of hearing it at almost every opportunity. Then it REALLY got on my nerves when the joke started going beyond the "inner circle".

I'm pretty sure McGee didn't mind it at first, or maybe he did and didn't think it was a big deal. However, it's getting to the point where it's starting shape the image of who he is as a person and CURRENT player. The video was probably the final straw. When I snapped, I told the person that just because YOU still think it's funny and must be "shared with the world", it doesn't me that I do.

It's McGee's image. If he doesn't want to be on Shaq's show, then he has every right to say something about it. McGee could be genuinely trying hard to be a good basketball player, but it's not helping him if Shaq is always running blooper segments about him that contradicts his work. The Warriors seem to like him and what he has done for the team.
    That's fine. It's not a catch-all solution for everything, but it certainly helps some people keep their cool in situations like this.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

He didnt go behind anyone. Kd stood up for him like any teammate should. Shaq crossed the line big time, and his twitter responses showed how much of a sensitive prick he really is. You cant pick on someone for 6 years then be mad when they finally get upset
    This. You dish out a lot and repetively and from a national platform on the same single target over and over then don't be upset if the target starts ''shooting'' back... I'm surprised McGee waited so long to be honest.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

McGee has hardly done anything worthy of being on there this year. Maybe a couple plays. Its to the point Shaq is just showing old *** ****. And I've seen **** on there from McGee thats not even worthy of being on there at all. **** where he's just hustling and misses a put back or something like that. Nothing dumb or stupid, just basketball. Yes he picks on him, glad McGee said something. He was already on TNT a while ago and already told Shaq on the air that he didn't like it. Then Shaq went after him more. Thats some petty ****. The segment is funny anyway. If a guy gets tired of being on it and tells you, just stop being a dick and leave him alone. Unless he does something truly ridiculous, Shaq should grow the **** up...

39. The Following User Says Thank You to timid For This Useful Post:

Shaq gave Porter props tonight for taking it like a man and actually getting good at basketball, now he is not in Shaqting a fool anymore.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!