Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Free Agent Targets

Default Re: 2017 Free Agent Targets

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How would you guys feel about signing Kyle Korver and Nick Young this Summer? Both are in their 30's. Nick 31, Kyle 35. I imagine they'd come cheap no? Nick will most likely opt out of his contract this Summer. Right now he makes $5.4 million. I imagine a contract of $10 mil per year for 3 years, team option on year 3 would be sufficient. As for Korver at 35 he makes $5.2 million right now. I think a deal of $9 mil per year for two years would work.

If Nick doesn't opt out this Summer of his Lakers deal it's a trade Larry should make. At $5.4 for one year, having a shooter/scorer of his caliber would be a good get. Off the bench you could still swing another deal for an Alan Crabbe or someone like that.
    Korver isn't coming and Lebron will make sure that he has him on the roster in 2018. IF I had to choose between Nick or Redick I would choose Redick easily if his health checks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Korver isn't coming and Lebron will make sure that he has him on the roster in 2018. IF I had to choose between Nick or Redick I would choose Redick easily if his health checks out.
    You think they'd pay Korver too? Wow. Ok. Redick won't accept coming off the bench though. That could be a problem.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You think they'd pay Korver too? Wow. Ok. Redick won't accept coming off the bench though. That could be a problem.
    JJ Reddick absolutely would and should be the starting SG on this team if he were to sign here. He would be a great option for us. I really hope we push for him

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    JJ Reddick absolutely would and should be the starting SG on this team if he were to sign here. He would be a great option for us. I really hope we push for him
    The problem is, Reddick doesn't take us over the top. We can keep adding all these vets on expensive deals, but the more we do it, the more we are setting ourselves back for when Turner takes over. We really need to realize this team isn't gunna cut it, and rebuild.

Even more so, with a player like Reddick, he's gunna go to a team that is competing, not the Pacers.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we are going to throw max.money on any Free Agent next summer, I think Jrue Holiday is the best use of it (from realistic targets). I would prefer him over Teague...

On lower/shorter contracts I'd also be interested to inquire about :

Nikola Mirotic (upto 12 mil a year / 4 years)
    P.J. Tucker (16 mil / 2 years)
    Patty Mills (16 mil / 4 years)
    Thabo Sefolosha (14 mil / 2 years)
    Donatas Motiejunas (8 mil / 3 years)

...and of course these 5 guys are mostly alternative targets - I am not proposing them ALL.
    Last edited by PetPaima; 03-01-2017 at 06:22 AM.

Thats no problem.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PetPaima View Post
    If we are going to throw max.money on any Free Agent next summer, I think Jrue Holiday is the best use of it (from realistic targets). I would prefer him over Teague...

...and of course these 5 guys are mostly alternative targets - I am not proposing them ALL.
    Holiday is injured too much. I would be reluctant to sign him, besides we have a pretty good PG, a local kid and he said wanted to be here. He should be our first choice.

I would like to have Tucker or Sefolosha if the price is right. I would probably pass on the other suggestions.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bird sealed our fate by not making a trade. Incompetent.

Not Donatas. He is injured a lot. Thabo perhaps. Tucker I don't know. Sorta old. Mirotic I would take but the contract shouldn't be too long. Patty as a backup would be great but I think he would only leave SAS if he were made a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    He's over 30. As a starter it would be a bad idea. Trading for Alan Crabbe, signing KCP, or Otto Porter Jr. would make more sense.

Otto is not leaving Washington. Period

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not Donatas. He is injured a lot. Thabo perhaps. Tucker I don't know. Sorta old. Mirotic I would take but the contract shouldn't be too long. Patty as a backup would be great but I think he would only leave SAS if he were made a starter.
    Spurs can only pay fair price to either Patty or Dedmon. I believe they will choose the latter.

And I would make Mills a starter with Monta backing up (almost equal minutes). Let Teague go - he ain't worth of max. contract which he will get from some team (I believe it will be Nets)

Spurs can only pay fair price to either Patty or Dedmon. I believe they will choose the latter.

And I would make Mills a starter with Monta backing up (almost equal minutes). Let Teague go - he ain't worth of max. contract which he will get from some team (I believe it will be Nets)

Teague's not getting a max. Some team could offer him a max but chances are high they won't. Philly and the Nets will have the money but the Nets have Lin already. Sixers are already set on playing Ben Simmons at point guard somewhat. No need for Teague.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Teague's not getting a max. Some team could offer him a max but chances are high they won't. Philly and the Nets will have the money but the Nets have Lin already. Sixers are already set on playing Ben Simmons at point guard somewhat. No need for Teague.
    Yes, Brooklyn has Lin but I don't think they are going to trust him going forward...

...and I would be fine with retaining Teague upto around 18 mil a year / 4 years. But NOT at maximum contract which would pay him about 25-26 mil. At that point I'd rather let him go. What about you, Grimp? Yes or no for that money?
    Last edited by PetPaima; 03-01-2017 at 08:07 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PetPaima For This Useful Post:

Yes, Brooklyn has Lin but I don't think they are going to trust him going forward...

...and I would be fine with retaining Teague upto around 18 mil a year / 4 years. But NOT at maximum contract which would pay him about 25-26 mil. At that point I'd rather let him go. What about you, Grimp? Yes or no for that money?
    Highest I'd go would be $22.5.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

If you're into the idea of moving Myles to the 4, Mason Plumlee is a 5 that makes some sense in free agency. Very good passer and rebounder; very likely have to pay him a mint.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    If you're into the idea of moving Myles to the 4, Mason Plumlee is a 5 that makes some sense in free agency. Very good passer and rebounder; very likely have to pay him a mint.
    Offensively, I think that he's a 4.....he's more of Stretch Big Man....or whatever you call a Big Man that doens't score all his points inside the paint. The problem is on the defensive end against stretch and more atheltic 4s. But that's fine.....we need rebounding and defense.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Offensively, I think that he's a 4.....he's more of Stretch Big Man....or whatever you call a Big Man that doens't score all his points inside the paint. The problem is on the defensive end against stretch and more atheltic 4s. But that's fine.....we need rebounding and defense.
    Mason Plumlee or Myles?

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Mood

Luc Mbah A Moute. Guards the best player every game for the Clippers. Would give PG a lot of help on defense.

Dion Waiters is a shooter I would look at this Summer as well. He is young, athletic, finishes well at the rim and can shoot. Seems to be finally reaching that #2 pick promise/potential of his. If he opts out (which chances are high he will making a bit over $2 mil next season)... we should sign him. How much do you guys think Waiters is worth as a talent on the open market? This article: http://allucanheat.com/2017/02/28/mi...r-big-pay-day/

Says his contract value this Summer is 4 years, $64 million. That's a little over $15 mil per year. They also say Tim Hardaway Jr.s contract value would be about 4 years $50 million. That's a little over $12 mil per year.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Mood

Dion Waiters is a shooter I would look at this Summer as well. He is young, athletic, finishes well at the rim and can shoot. Seems to be finally reaching that #2 pick promise/potential of his. If he opts out (which chances are high he will making a bit over $2 mil next season)... we should sign him. How much do you guys think Waiters is worth as a talent on the open market? This article: http://allucanheat.com/2017/02/28/mi...r-big-pay-day/

Says his contract value this Summer is 4 years, $64 million. That's a little over $15 mil per year. They also say Tim Hardaway Jr.s contract value would be about 4 years $50 million. That's a little over $12 mil per year.
    Its hard to take that article seriously when they predict KCP will only get around $13 mil a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    Its hard to take that article seriously when they predict KCP will only get around $13 mil a year.
    It's hard to gauge how much Waiters would get. You could consider this season a career year for him. Making $2 mil now I imagine that $14 mil a year for Waiters would make sense. I would probably make year 4 a team option though. Just to be safe. I think we need to become a killer bee team for next season. A team that kills opponents with death by a thousand stings. I'd try and assemble a bench that includes:

Ersan Ilyasova or James Johnson (signing)
    GR 3
    Rakeem Christmas
    Nick Young or Tim Hardaway Jr. (signing)
    Seth Curry (trade)
    Last edited by Grimp; 03-02-2017 at 10:22 PM.

It's hard to gauge how much Waiters would get. You could consider this season a career year for him. Making $2 mil now I imagine that $14 mil a year for Waiters would make sense. I would probably make year 4 a team option though. Just to be safe.
    Waiters has been really good this year, but I'm totally cool with letting someone else pay him $14 million/season.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Waiters has been really good this year, but I'm totally cool with letting someone else pay him $14 million/season.
    It'd be easier to sign DW than try and snatch Otto Porter or KCP from (WAS or DET). Even with the new league mandate that RFA-offer-sheet-match time is now 48 hours instead of 72 hours. I'd also make a run at Mirotic and Patty Mills. With Monta coming off the bench at $10 mil per season why not try and pry Patty away from the Spurs with an offer like that?
    Last edited by Grimp; 03-02-2017 at 10:34 PM.

I'm starting to worry that if CJ opts out, we might not even be able to replace him with a player as good as he is.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wage For This Useful Post: