Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Woj: Pacers assessing trade market for Paul George

Default Re: Woj: Pacers assessing trade market for Paul George

Windhorst was on Sportscenter this morning saying that Boston's still hoping to land either Jimmy or PG, but that they've agreed on the framework for a Gallinari deal in the event that both those two do not materialize.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In a way, its kinda like a game of poker.

The Warriors have a Royal Flush

The Cavs have a Straight Flush

The Spurs have 4 of a Kind

Then there is probably a good 6-7 teams with something in between a pair and full house.

Then there is us. We have Ace High. You are wanting to go all in against these other teams with an Ace High. Problem is, you are guaranteed to lose. Then you're out of the game(or in this case, the Myles Turner hand too).

We've lost. Time to fold the hand and hope we have better luck with the Myles Turner hand.
    And Lonzo Ball. 20 year old Lonzo on a 5-year $20 million deal over 28 year old PG who will make $20 million in half a season. I hate that we arent dealing him, pisses me off.

I would deal PG just for draft picks at this point. Big part of the deal is clearing his cap space and not having to pay him in FA....but he's not resigning here. Yes he said all the right things yesterday but so did KD. PG will have given it damn near 10 years of his life here....hes going to go try somewhere else. If he comes back he'd be like 34-years-old when his contract is up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    I would deal PG just for draft picks at this point. Big part of the deal is clearing his cap space and not having to pay him in FA....but he's not resigning here. Yes he said all the right things yesterday but so did KD. PG will have given it damn near 10 years of his life here....hes going to go try somewhere else. If he comes back he'd be like 34-years-old when his contract is up.
    Well thats just silly. If you're trading a player like PG you need to get some other young assets back too.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    In a way, its kinda like a game of poker.

The Warriors have a Royal Flush

The Cavs have a Straight Flush

The Spurs have 4 of a Kind

Then there is probably a good 6-7 teams with something in between a pair and full house.

Then there is us. We have Ace High. You are wanting to go all in against these other teams with an Ace High. Problem is, you are guaranteed to lose. Then you're out of the game(or in this case, the Myles Turner hand too).

We've lost. Time to fold the hand and hope we have better luck with the Myles Turner hand.
    I like your analogy, but I'd say we are closer to three of a kind or full house. But your point still stands.

"I like our group of people," Ainge told USA Today. "I'm trying to teach them about basketball, and they're trying to teach me about analytics."

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I like your analogy, but I'd say we are closer to three of a kind or full house. But your point still stands.
    Do you want to play some poker soon?

Need to start somewhere, hopefully Boston or Lakers can get close

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Maybe I'm oversimplifying this trade. Why would you NOT want the Top 3 pick in the NBA draft on this team? Boston is not gutting the Pacers. Plus, I honestly don't see Bird making a Sam Bowie or Anthony Bennett type of pick.

Lastly, they wouldn't be sending Paul George to a bad team either. This really feels like a win, win for EVERYONE.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

My thinking is that if the Pacers are ever trading PG this is the time to get the most value for him, also I don't think this relationship is working anymore so why force it?
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Need to start somewhere, hopefully Boston or Lakers can get close

Isola is a freaking hack

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Damn it

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Like the poker analogy.
    I'll go with a king/jack/ten/nine...four card flush.
    Every chance to trade, draft, or draw a FA is a chance for another card. If we get a little lucky we have a shot.
    A couple of others are showing well, but...**** happens every time the table is set.
    'At's why we play the game!
    Last edited by solid; 02-23-2017 at 11:39 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to solid For This Useful Post:

Before they even consider any offer on PG they'd better get rid of Ellis, surely someone with cap space can take him of our hands for a 2nd round 2030 pick and a bag of cheetos? If need be we can drop the cheetos or the pick !
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Can't predict one man's future actions by another man's past actions... not really fair to PG, just saying!

Quick counter argument could be Russell Westbrook, no one really knows what the future holds.
    Why so SERIOUS

I'm beginning to have serious doubts he gets moved at the trade deadline. However, I think he gets moved to the Lakers near the draft if they keep their 2017 pick (top 3). Deal would likely be Ingram/Russell and the 2017 pick with a salary filler.

It's so obvious he is going to LA with all this talks.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Its too silent right now...no real rumors at all now for guys the Pacers want to get outside of PG talk.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

My biggest concern is losing him for nothing, or getting very little because we waited too long. I think that's a genuine concern everyone should share. We don't have any disposable assets that will net a game changer to add to PG, Turner, and Teague. We just don't.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MUpaceSIC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    My biggest concern is losing him for nothing, or getting very little because we waited too long. I think that's a genuine concern everyone should share. We don't have any disposable assets that will net a game changer to add to PG, Turner, and Teague. We just don't.
    Really if he walks, we don't lose him for nothing. We free up $30+ million for Free Agents or to take money in trades. Granted, we won't be getting as much as if he were traded, but to say we would be losing him for nothing would be inaccurate...in my opinion.

Thoughts on something like this?

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/6845603

Pacers Out: Paul George

Pacers In: Brandon Ingram, Jordan Clarkson, Nerlens Noel

Lakers Out: Brandon Ingram, Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle

Lakers In: Paul George

Sixers Out: Nerlens Noel

Sixers In: Julius Randle

This is the only kind of deal I can imagine happening without a 2017 draft pick, which can't happen until after the lottery (if at all). Lakers aren't giving up Ingram, Randle, AND Russell because they'd have nothing left. I don't think Randle fits with Turner well so I'd reach out and see if Noel can be had for him. I know Noel has to be extended next off season, but I think we can swing it if we let Teague expire. At that point we'd be in tune with just giving our young guys minutes.
    Last edited by MUpaceSIC; 02-23-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    Really if he walks, we don't lose him for nothing. We free up $30+ million for Free Agents or to take money in trades. Granted, we won't be getting as much as if he were traded, but to say we would be losing him for nothing would be inaccurate...in my opinion.
    We won't attract a free agent that comes close to the value of trading him for multiple assets. We'd end up splitting $30+ million on guys that are simply going to be overpaid role players.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to MUpaceSIC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    My thinking is that if you know he wants to go to LA what is the point of keeping him and letting him become a free agent?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    My thinking is that if you know he wants to go to LA what is the point of keeping him and letting him become a free agent?
    Paul has said the only places he wants to be is Indy and L.A. Those are the only two teams he'd commit to long term. He wants to stay in Indy first and foremost. But that could become difficult if Larry fails to do his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Paul has said the only places he wants to be is Indy and L.A. Those are the only two teams he'd commit to long term. He wants to stay in Indy first and foremost. But that could become difficult if Larry fails to do his job.
    I just don't think we have anything that will bring back something worth him staying.

Off topic: Does anyone else get the feeling that some of the guys don't like Myles Turner? I just don't hear guys talking about him with the excitement they should be, and it sometimes feels like they purposefully don't get him involved in some plays. Might be a matter of jealousy.

From HoopsHype.

"Chris Haynes: Teams mulling Paul George trade apprehensive knowing he wants to win w/Pacers, Plan B is Lakers. He won’t commit longterm outside those two.
    – via Twitter ChrisBHaynes"