Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1249

Thread: Woj: Pacers assessing trade market for Paul George

Default Re: Woj: Pacers assessing trade market for Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It has nothing to do with black, white, or gray. It has everything to do with you actively making things up. You have no piece of evidence, whatsoever, for your position.

It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense even at face value. I know it's easy to tell me my view, because it's so hard to provide even the slightest bit of sense on this made up conspiracy.
    The era of fake news is killing us
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    The era of fake news is killing us
    We come from two different sides politically, but yes. The problem isn't just fake news, the problem is that fake news now gives enough wiggle room to dismiss actual news because you don't want to listen to the truth. There's enough dust out there that anything and everything can be brought under a cloud and vilified.

And journalists brought it all on themselves. This is when logic and reason are needed, instead of "well you never know, it's possible it's wrong, so don't believe it."
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

More info

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We come from two different sides politically, but yes. The problem isn't just fake news, the problem is that fake news now gives enough wiggle room to dismiss actual news because you don't want to listen to the truth. There's enough dust out there that anything and everything can be brought under a cloud and vilified.

And journalists brought it all on themselves. This is when logic and reason are needed, instead of "well you never know, it's possible it's wrong, so don't believe it."
    I ask you - do you always believe 100% in every news story triggered by an anonymous source?
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I ask you - do you always believe 100% in every news story triggered by an anonymous source?
    Nope. But I don't disbelieve them because I don't want what they said to be true. (I already answered this question btw, when I said if you wanted to have a generic conversation about reporting in general but how this specific incident didn't fit the bill)

I've given you ample opportunity to lay out a coherent argument for why the reportings wouldn't be true, and have gotten nonsense in response. What makes you think the report wasn't true? Be specific.

Nope. But I don't disbelieve them because I don't want what they said to be true. (I already answered this question btw, when I said if you wanted to have a generic conversation about reporting in general but how this specific incident didn't fit the bill)

I've given you ample opportunity to lay out a coherent argument for why the reportings wouldn't be true, and have gotten nonsense in response. What makes you think the report wasn't true? Be specific.
    My default for ANY anonymous source report is to wait for further evidence or more details, not to start with the premise that it is true and then go out and look for supporting evidence to prove it is false. It is not my responsibility to do the reporter's work for him - where he only has to post a 144-character tweet quoting an anonymous source, how am I going to track down who that source is and how credible they are? It is the reporter's job to provide enough evidence beyond just "someone I know and I won't tell you who said something".

I would maintain that believing a specific "source says" report without other supporting evidence is just as likely to be because of bias to believe as disbelieving it is due to a bias not to believe.

Me not finding evidence to prove the statement was false does not somehow prove the statement is true. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    BillS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Actually one of the sources is PG's agent.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    My default for ANY anonymous source report is to wait for further evidence or more details
    You mean like someone outside of the Indystar using a different source outside of the Pacers saying the same thing? But you rejected that too.

But then there's also common sense. How many times has Larry said there's a max contract waiting on PG whenever he wants to sign it over the last 6months or so? If they wanted to trade PG, then why in the world would they want to sign him to an extension instead of working on finding a partner?

As long as we're all in agreement that the reason you disbelieve the source isn't based on anything other than the thought that you don't know so you don't believe, then that's fine. If supporting evidence from other places isn't enough, and common sense isn't enough, then I doubt what I have to say is enough either.

EDIT: I mean how's this for a source?
    Q: Do you see any changes in the new collective bargaining agreement having any impact on George’s free agency or is your position still the same in terms of offering him the max, whether it’s five years or six years?

Bird: “Yeah, we want to keep him here long term. That’s the plan.”
    http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...more/96857468/

Fast forward a month to Indystar reporting that the Pacers think PG is untradeable. "Well, that's ********." The tinfoil hat isn't a good look for you Bill.
    Last edited by Since86; 02-27-2017 at 03:25 PM.

More info

what is the new info

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    what is the new info
    The opinions of the ESPN panel is the only thing I can come up with.
    BillS

Ignoring that the rumors contradict, as Woj and others ended the day saying Bird was just swatting down offers.

IF the rumors are true, did the Pacers do something wrong by shopping PG and not telling him?

We want him here, he said maybe and shopped himself. At that point he isn't telling us his every want after his contract, so why should we be obligated to keep him updated on offers we get for him?

He created the uncertainty by not committing. If he wanted to stay in the loop, then stay with the team.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

I said more info not new info.

And again PG's agent is one reliable source, maybe better than Kravitz? I don't know ..

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    Ignoring that the rumors contradict, as Woj and others ended the day saying Bird was just swatting down offers.

IF the rumors are true, did the Pacers do something wrong by shopping PG and not telling him?

We want him here, he said maybe and shopped himself. At that point he isn't telling us his every want after his contract, so why should we be obligated to keep him updated on offers we get for him?

He created the uncertainty by not committing. If he wanted to stay in the loop, then stay with the team.
    I don't think that's true. The only person that I saw saying the Pacers "swatted" away rumors was Nate Taylor, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't quoting anyone with that word.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I don't think that's true. The only person that I saw saying the Pacers "swatted" away rumors was Nate Taylor, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't quoting anyone with that word.
    Pretty sure in the same tweet, maybe it's not but it really doesn't matter, Taylor also reported that Simon wanted Bird to field offers. So there's really no contradiction going on.

Nope, Stein...

And Woj said it on his live video thing that day

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Actual video of Larry swatting offers (aka not shopping him)

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Nope, Stein...

And Woj said it on his live video thing that day
    Okay, fair enough. Personally, I don't think it's a very big deal but to each his own.

Mood

And this is where I'm at. I'm not rallying for or against Paul - it's his prerogative to do what he feels best; but, he shouldn't blame Bird or whomever for at least trying to come up with a contingency plan if he decides to bounce.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:

Okay, fair enough. Personally, I don't think it's a very big deal but to each his own.
    Me either, its not a big deal at all.

Found this very interesting and relevant.

Johnson on what it was like being involved with trade talks with his old rival and Pacers GM Bird: "We only talked for about two or three minutes about the possibility of a trade, but it was more geared toward later on, not at that moment. It was just saying "Hi, I’m here and we’re looking forward to talking to you later on this summer."
    http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles...alton-and-more

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2Cleva For This Useful Post:

Haha - Magic pretty much did everything but spell out his intentions for the summer there.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JB24 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cleva View Post
    Found this very interesting and relevant.

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles...alton-and-more
    From LA perspective I wouldn't trust anything out of Magic's mouth. They know that any division in the Pacers camp is a net win for them. I personally would vomit if PG ended up in a Laker uniform with us getting screwed out of some meaningful return for his value.

BINGO. He wants to be on a winner(theoretically and short of that LA). He did not sign so he is shopping himself. Pacers after that have EVERY right to do the same given the position he has put them in. How does PG think the Pacers management and fans feel. Maybe a little betrayed??? I would prefer he stay and commit long term. It would be best for both parties. Why is he saying anything about them shopping him??????????????????????????????????
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Of course Magic wants to talk if they get the top 3 pick and I hope they do.

Edit: top 3 pick (anybody but Lonzo clown ball) plus Ingram could get it done.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-28-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Of course Magic wants to talk if they get the top 3 pick and I hope they do.

Edit: top 3 pick (anybody but Lonzo clown ball) plus Ingram could get it done.
    Probably will offer their top pick, Houston's 1st round pick, and Clarkson/Nance.