Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Woj: Pacers assessing trade market for Paul George

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Woj: Pacers assessing trade market for Paul George

I think we'll trade him this summer, and I don't think the deal we accept will be as good as what we just passed up. Hope I'm wrong, but just because the trade deadline is over doesn't mean the talk will stop. We have six months of rumors, Boston deals, "PG wants to go to LA", and "dark moments" when the media constantly asks him about this.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll never understand how we were in talks for Oakifor and not know that Noel was available for so little. Maybe i watch and know to much about the NBA i dunno, but what i do know is that Philly had no ****ing clue what to do with Noel and when Embiid was sitting out and he got minutes, he was incredibly efficient and Dallas got an outright steal. It's insane that we didnt even ask about him. I'm ****ing fed up.
    We probably did, but Bird likes his pointz and Nerlens is more of a defensive guy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    In order to show genuine respect for others, a person has to have a grain of humility. Bird doesn't have that. He treated Reggie Miller like a second class citizen IMO. He dumped Granger out like the trash. He probably likes Paul as a player, but he's lost whatever good sense he had. Bird needs to go.
    Larry Bird lost me on that day. Been digging a deeper hole ever since.

Again, respect him for his amazing contributions. But I am deeply upset by his actions of late.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rabid View Post
    How about just a single call? "Hey I have to listen to offers but we really value keeping you here and it would have to be something really over the top for us to consider it. I'll call you when all this is over."

It's not THAT hard folks. Other GMs have this type of relationship with players and still run great franchises.

We're talking about a guy who:

- Fired Vogel over the phone, then publicly told the press Vogel basically begged to keep his job
    - Didn't communicate with G Hill until a quick phone call after the trade
    - Talked unproductive/unnecessary smack about Roy at a press conference after trading him

It's not really that hard to have just a slightly better sense of tact and rapport with personnel.

EDIT: Reminds me a lot of Pat Riley but without the GM/coach championship pedigree.
    This is such nonsense.

Did Paul George say he is going to stay a Pacer life? Boogie had no problem saying he wanted to stay a King and would sign.

So common sense says, if you're giving quotes for weeks that you're possibly looking at other teams and Indy is not your only option, then you can't be the Pacer's only option. PG gonna text us every time he thinks "maybe I wanna play for team X?"

And you know what, I don't think PG even wants to be in Boston or LA. I think he wants to be big fish, small pond and best player on a team he can end his career as the best player to ever play for that team.

This should be Birds last season, but not because of this crap. And while everyone is *****ing about the Pacers leadership, I've had a lot of fun going to playoff games every season last 7 years excluding 1 year (PG broken leg) and 2 ECF trips.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

PG will be dealt this summer. The teams that called today, ATL/DEN/BOS/LA, will call back. I dont see their deals changing much. Obviously BOS' will but they'll probably still offer that 2018 1st & maybe 2017 1st if it's not #1 overall. . There will also be other teams that call or up their offer. We need LA to pick in the top 3 so they keep their pick.If it falls outside of top 3 it goes to Philly.

Enjoy PG these final 2 months because he'll be gone in June.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This is such nonsense.

Did Paul George say he is going to stay a Pacer life? Boogie had no problem saying he wanted to stay a King and would sign.

So common sense says, if you're giving quotes for weeks that you're possibly looking at other teams and Indy is not your only option, then you can't be the Pacer's only option. PG gonna text us every time he thinks "maybe I wanna play for team X?"

And you know what, I don't think PG even wants to be in Boston or LA. I think he wants to be big fish, small pond and best player on a team he can end his career as the best player to ever play for that team.

This should be Birds last season, but not because of this crap. And while everyone is *****ing about the Pacers leadership, I've had a lot of fun going to playoff games every season last 7 years excluding 1 year (PG broken leg) and 2 ECF trips.
    It's been a fun boat ride on the SS Bird....but it's time to bring the ship in to be decommissioned.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    It's been a fun boat ride on the SS Bird....but it's time to bring the ship in to be decommissioned.
    For sure, Bird time is up.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Serious question: I think a lot (most?) of us agree Bird probably needs to go. Does anyone actually think the Pacers will fire this guy?

Boston had some protections on those picks, f*** that

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/834926614668509184
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    For sure, Bird time is up.
    I've been a big Bird proponent for a long time. He had me first concerned when he didn't pay homage to Reggie Miller, who was more Indiana than Bird will ever be, btw.

I was fine with the JO days when he doubted JO's leadership, and maybe his manhood, favoring Ron Artest.

Very concerned when he dumped on Granger.

Off the bandwagon when he started acquiring team killers like Rodney Stuckey and CJ Miles.

Calling for his head at this point. He needs to find a way to get along with his star players or he needs to get lost.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

So many complainers yet I could think of probably 25 teams that would've liked our success these last XX seasons. Larry has done a damn good job IMO with never having a top 10 pick & not being able to spend money like these other teams.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Boston had some protections on those picks, f*** that

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/834926614668509184
    That was for Jimmy Butler not PG

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post

What does this mean...(CJ's wife btw)

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Serious question: I think a lot (most?) of us agree Bird probably needs to go. Does anyone actually think the Pacers will fire this guy?
    Of course not which is why I'm not so "outraged" this is the price you pay when you hire a former legend to run your franchise and it isn't as successful as you thought it would be. And in Larry's case he didn't even play here(was a coach though)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    For the first time I thought it might be a possibility. But he is Larry Bird and this is Indiana. What I will say is that he didn't hand Paul over to the Celtics. He at least deserves some credit for not being a turncoat again.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Lakers will still put up a solid offer for PG because they'll want an advantage in re-signing him, why they wanted Westbrook in a trade before OKC did the extension.

I think there's already a divide between what Larry wants and what ownership wants...Larry wanted to keep him and I think ownership was looking at offers, Larry probably had final say which is why nothing happened. I think if the decision is made for PG to go then Larry will quit the job/aka mutual agreement for Larry to leave. I really don't think Bird is going to want to stick around for another rebuild, and with the Pacers brutal schedule I don't see them making the playoffs or if they do, they're squeaking in to get slaughtered by Cleveland.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

McDermott and Gibson were exactly what the Pacers needed and they were basically given away. PJ Tucker was given away. This is an ultimate face slap to PG by not completing a deal. The best option now Bogut off waivers. Do something, anything to show players ands fans that the front office is trying to win.

Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    McDermott and Gibson were exactly what the Pacers needed and they were basically given away. PJ Tucker was given away. This is an ultimate face slap to PG by not completing a deal. The best option now Bogut off waivers. Do something, anything to show players ands fans that the front office is trying to win.
    If Larry had completed either of those two deals, we would be having VERY different conversations right now.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

We don't have a young point guard who was a lottery pick in 2015 that Chicago was after. Who says Bulls willing to trade in the division anyways. TOR traded 2 2nd round picks....we've already traded a future 2nd rounder to BKN for Thad.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    We don't have a young point guard who was a lottery pick in 2015 that Chicago was after. Who says Bulls willing to trade in the division anyways. TOR traded 2 2nd round picks....we've already traded a future 2nd rounder to BKN for Thad.
    Yeah but Payne sucks lol

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    We don't have a young point guard who was a lottery pick in 2015 that Chicago was after. Who says Bulls willing to trade in the division anyways.
    This is also how I see it.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:

So you're going with the 'make a trade just to make a trade' ??

Some of the less intelligent fans might get behind something like that. The rest of the fans and the players would be able to see right through it.

And McDermott or Gibson or Tucker or Bogut aren't the kind of moves that need to be made to turn this team back into a contender.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

I would have given Bulls the Pacers pick for Mcbuckets/Gibson and that is a better package or whatever they got.

Bird has no excuses here.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I would have given Bulls the Pacers pick for Mcbuckets/Gibson and that is a better package or whatever they got.

Bird has no excuses here.
    You would have given up a first rounder on a half year for a 32 year old Taj and poor man's Krover? I can only imagine how many people would hate you if you were the GM, although I guess I don't have to imagine that hard based on the forum.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post: