Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Woj: Pacers assessing trade market for Paul George

Sports Logo

Default Re: Woj: Pacers assessing trade market for Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Monta signing ultimately really will have ****ed us. Pacers should have just skipped that move entirely, probably would have done just as well last year, and would have been in a position last summer to make a major salary move. Instead we sign Monta, and then have to sign a guy like Al.

Monta Ellis Cost it All.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Hiring Nate McMillan as head coach just screamed, "We are completely okay with being mediocre" too.
    It's easier to just say that Bird messed up in various ways that has led us to this point.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    A guy that makes 10mil a year destroyed the team LOL
    If we had that $10 million this past summer we could have done a lot more than what we did. I know you love Monta, but there's no need to be intentionally dense.

You want me to blame Stuckey instead? Fine, giving $7 million per year to Stuckey was also god damn idiotic. Giving $17 million combined to those 2 players was the dumbest **** Bird has done as GM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a feeling nothing will materialize and Bird will sit there with his thumb up his *** until PG leaves.

If we make a trade, its our first for some player that won't help us get out of the first round. Then as we continue to trade our future away, in a few years we'll have Myles Turner in his prime with no one around him.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

I guess you do this deal if you think you have no real chance of resigning him and even if you do that then what are the chances you ever get past LeBron in the ECF? Lebron is 32 now and will take PG's best years away from him. So do you rebuild for the next 5 years or stand pat and wish for a crack in the armor of the Cavs with Lebron in the next 4 years? Thats a very tough call to make but either way I respect both sides of the argument and think both roads could be satisfying as a fan.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    If we had that $10 million this past summer we could have done a lot more than what we did. I know you love Monta, but there's no need to be intentionally dense.
    Stop it, there is nobody that you can get for 10mil that can make cry baby Paul George happy.

I blame Al Jefferson and his 10 millions
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Stop it, there is nobody that you can get for 10mil that can make cry baby Paul George happy.

There's been $27M per year listed in stupid salary, and you're seriously having trouble thinking that players with impact could have been signed with that money instead? Good Lord. It's not trig.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Bird is in one hell of a position.

Let's be real for a moment. With the Paul George, the Celtics COULD compete for the NBA title. The Pacers could do a "soft" reboot, and begin the process with some damn good picks and young talent next season that could peak after the GSW and Lebron era is over.

On the other hand, they keep Paul George and get Okafor. Then.....

Aargh...I would pull the trigger closer to the deadline. Keep in mind, the Pacers do have complimentary pieces to give the Celtics too. I have a feeling we have a blockbuster trade in the works.
    I have no problem trading the first round pick for a Player that should help us in the Playoffs this season. How much help depends on who we get. Even if it doesn't work out, Bird is in the position to trade PG13 in the Summer and get back some solid assets to retool for the 2017-2018 season ( which he will be in the position now even if he decides to move PG13 now ).

Short of getting a sweetheart deal from the Celtics in the next 24 hours, I am inclined to move the 1st for a Player that will help us for the long term and then re-evaluate our options before the draft ( the last time that we will be able to get solid value for PG13).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Math is hard for you, we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    Woj has never been wrong... doubt this is coming from Chicago
    He thought he was wrong once..........................but he was mistaken.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Do we know if they met at all or was this some PD speculation?
    Well to be honest I was going off of Trader Joe's post which I thought was him quoting the indystar article. But I could be wrong. If it is speculation then forget what I said.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    It's easier to just say that Bird messed up in various ways that has led us to this point.
    Uh yeah. Outside of drafting Myles, not sure there's one single thing in the past 4-5 years that Larry can point to as a win.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    I guess you do this deal if you think you have no real chance of resigning him and even if you do that then what are the chances you ever get past LeBron in the ECF? Lebron is 32 now and will take PG's best years away from him. So do you rebuild for the next 5 years or stand pat and wish for a crack in the armor of the Cavs with Lebron in the next 4 years? Thats a very tough call to make but either way I respect both sides of the argument and think both roads could be satisfying as a fan.
    And that "crack" in the armor is right now. The Celtics smell blood in the water.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Well to be honest I was going off of Trader Joe's post which I thought was him quoting the indystar article. But I could be wrong. If it is speculation then forget what I said.
    From the article:

So when George met with team owner Herb Simon in recent days and told him that the Hoosier state was still the place for him, how he would love nothing more than to eventually go down as the greatest Pacer of them all, it came with one qualifier.

If they can contend for a title.

According to a person with knowledge of the meeting who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation, that is the crossroads that Pacers president Larry Bird now faces. If the Thursday deadline comes and goes and the Pacers roster remains the same, the pressure rises in a significant way.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Didn't I embed the Sam Amick USA Today Article from like 30 minutes ago in that post? The guy says he knows for a fact in that article that PG, Larry AND HERB met in the past few days to discuss the team and Paul.

This is getting interesting, G Buss fired everybody because they were not able to pull off the Boogie trade (they didn't want to include Ingram)

Los Angeles Lakers

The Lakers called about Boogie, but ultimately valued Brandon Ingram too much to reel in the Kings center. Several league sources also suggested the Lakers*aren't offering Ingram as they chase other superstars (George and Butler) too. The Celtics boast deeper pockets to acquire either of those all-star wings, however, making the Lakers more likely to pull off a smaller move. Executives around the league are viewing Lou Williams-to-Washington as a likely deal, but additional teams will almost certainly inquire. Nick Young is effectively on an expiring contract as he’ll likely opt out of his deal following a bounceback season, making him a potential trade target, too. *
    http://www.si.com/nba/2017/02/21/nba...s-primer-teams
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Keep PG & continue the same old bs & maybe add a Brook Lopez to the mix (wasting time) or switch it up, get some new life & hope in here. Trading 1 player, PG, is not rebuilding IMO. We're gonna do the same competing we were doing yet have the #1 pick like we won 12 games.

Make the move Lar. And trade our 1st for Okafor

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Magic taking over for the Lakers is scary. He would unload the entire team for a star

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I have no problem trading the first round pick for a Player that should help us in the Playoffs this season. How much help depends on who we get. Even if it doesn't work out, Bird is in the position to trade PG13 in the Summer and get back some solid assets to retool for the 2017-2018 season ( which he will be in the position now even if he decides to move PG13 now ).

Short of getting a sweetheart deal from the Celtics in the next 24 hours, I am inclined to move the 1st for a Player that will help us for the long term and then re-evaluate our options before the draft ( the last time that we will be able to get solid value for PG13).
    But his trade value will be nothing like it is today. Not even close, because the Celtics will be going against a "healthy" and possibly retooled Cavs team next season.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ya know, I've been saying we should trade PG for over a year now. Not in the "WE LOST A GAME, TRADE PG!!11!!!!1!!one!1!!!", but just because it makes the most sense for us and where we are as a team right now.

That said, I have no problem with PG pushing Bird to make this team better. I actually appreciate that I think. The problem is, I don't think we have enough assets to actually make that happen.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    There's been $27M per year listed in stupid salary, and you're seriously having trouble thinking that players with impact could have been signed with that money instead? Good Lord. It's not trig.
    Who? Horford? Chandler Parson? nobody was available for Pacers to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Ya know, I've been saying we should trade PG for over a year now. Not in the "WE LOST A GAME, TRADE PG!!11!!!!1!!one!1!!!", but just because it makes the most sense for us and where we are as a team right now.

That said, I have no problem with PG pushing Bird to make this team better. I actually appreciate that I think. The problem is, I don't think we have enough assets to actually make that happen.
    We talked about this, but it's been pretty clear for awhile that eventually, we were going to have to choose between building around PG or Myles. If you really want to win now, you have one legit asset to get something good back, and that's Myles.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    We talked about this, but it's been pretty clear for awhile that eventually, we were going to have to choose between building around PG or Myles. If you really want to win now, you have one legit asset to get something good back, and that's Myles.
    Reason why I wanted to go after Jimmy or Melo instead of rebuild again, but it doesn't look like is going to happen.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Magic taking over for the Lakers is scary. He would unload the entire team for a star
    Doubt he would, but honestly if he did it wouldn't be as hard building back up a team, people would want to play for the Lakers if they had a star, would be easier to recruit free agents.

Only problem with LA is the taxes, if PG goes there I am sure Magic would figure a way to surround him with an awesome team. I think people forget that "Magic" is a businessman, and a very good one, he made it that far not just by name, but making good sound investments and decisions!
    Why so SERIOUS

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I don't want to trade PG unless it's for a **** ton, but as a fan, it would be fun to watch Boston compete against the Cavs and possibly the Warriors, with my favorite player. Boston would definitely be my second favorite team.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Good old PD.

Woj says Pacers looking for a trade for PG. Response is generally that this is absolutely true, that it's about time (or it would suck), and that PG will be really pissed off to hear it.

In the SAME DAMN SENTENCE Woj says Pacers are also looking for trades to bring players in to convince PG to stay. Response is to generally ignore this part or at best disdain it or consider it fluff.
    Just want to make sure the front office hears the no way in hells if they have anyone that reads this forum. Trading PG would be monumentally stupid.