Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lakers Hire Magic Johnson as President of Basketball Ops; Fire Kupchak and Jim Buss

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Lakers Hire Magic Johnson as President of Basketball Ops; Fire Kupchak and Jim Buss

Knicks West, coming right up.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Lakers Hire Magic Johnson as President of Basketball Ops; Fire Kupchak and Jim Buss

How fun would it be it Larry managed to fleece him on a deal right out of the gate.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: Lakers Hire Magic Johnson as President of Basketball Ops; Fire Kupchak and Jim Buss

Someone was upset about the Cousins trade.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

The new Divac, seriously I hate an NBA with so many crappy GM's.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But hey, if it means the Lakers are going to be floundering even longer - that puts a smile on my face

Of course, I reserve the right to get instantly irritated when he does something stupid that needlessly helps a Eastern Conference opponent.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

As long as we are not one of the Teams that have one of those crappy GMs ( which I am not entirely sure if we have one ourselves ).....I only hate it when the Pacers don't take advantage of a crappy GM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

I love it. I was worried GM's were becoming way too smart and conservative - trading season needs some Kevin McHale's, Isiah Thomas', Billy King's, and Rob Babcock's to keep it interesting.

Isnt Jim Buss an owner? How can he be fired?

Jim Buss is suppose to have an equal stake in the team last i checked. So i'm not sure how he got fired.

I'm guessing Magic was in when they heard that the Lakers refused to throw Russel in the deal for Cousins, but who knows. I personally think Magic is a car salesman.

It looks like their inability to trade for Cousins did it, glad somebody got fired somewhere for not been able to match that garbage package.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

2 days before the deadline, lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Hopefully, Magic didn't take the same "Be a NBA GM in 1 Day : Basic 101" tutorial on YouTube that Vlade took.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

About ****ing time. Kupchak and Buss have been pretty bad for a while now, completely running that great franchise into the ground.

Here's to some gradual yet immediate success for Magic

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    About ****ing time. Kupchak and Buss have been pretty bad for a while now, completely running that great franchise into the ground.

Here's to some gradual yet immediate success for Magic
    What bad decisions have they made? They were locked into Kobe, this sounds like a quick fix more than anything. They got screwed over by injuries after Nash/Howard, I think Kupchak is a great GM.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Very interesting if the front-runner isn't picked.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I'd hate to lose Dinwiddie

The Pelinka link is weird. Has an agent ever made the jump to an NBA front office?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to JB24 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Pelinka's EJ's agent

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

With the size of player contracts these days, how can being a GM pay better than being an agent? They must be giving Pelinka a piece of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    The Pelinka link is weird. Has an agent ever made the jump to an NBA front office?
    I think that's weird and probably illegal. The NBA is allowing too much of this stuff to happen. ESPN people working for NBA teams in the front office. Player agents working as GM's? Now you have a situation where an agent will look out for the welfare of his client over the welfare of a player who isn't his client while they both could be possibly on the same team. It's only a matter of time before player attorney's start getting front office gigs too.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I think that's weird and probably illegal. The NBA is allowing too much of this stuff to happen. ESPN people working for NBA teams in the front office. Player agents working as GM's? Now you have a situation where an agent will look out for the welfare of his client over the welfare of a player who isn't his client while they both could be possibly on the same team. It's only a matter of time before player attorney's start getting front office gigs too.
    he's already transferring ownership of his agency

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    Bob Myers - Golden State

34. The Following User Says Thank You to dgranger17 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    he's already transferring ownership of his agency
    Great. There IS good in this world after all.

Sports Logo

today I learned Rob Pelinka looks just like Rob Lowe and he was also on the Fab Five team (he was not part of the Fab Five)