Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1353

Thread: Political News and Policies

  1. #1251
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...
    The biggest shame is that, according to you, you've spent so much time trying to get it right, and you STILL got it wrong. I don't really believe that, but I will say you are entitled to your liberal opinion. It appears you really hate conservatives and religious people so to say you were ever in the GOP is a laugher. Again, stop with the games. Who did you vote for in 2008 and 2012? If you voted both times for Obama you are a closet liberal. Just come on out. It's ok.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  2. #1252
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,463

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    See, craziness.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  3. #1253
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You would think the Church would be better than that, shouldn't be a competition. But then again they still protect child rapists so who knows.
    Um...read some history.

    Mussolini became anti-clerical like his father. As a young man, he "proclaimed himself to be an atheist[187] and several times tried to shock an audience by calling on God to strike him dead."[185] He believed that science had proven there was no god, and that the historical Jesus was ignorant and mad. He considered religion a disease of the psyche, and accused Christianity of promoting resignation and cowardice.[185]
    Mussolini was an admirer of Friedrich Nietzsche. According to Denis Mack Smith, "In Nietzsche he found justification for his crusade against the Christian virtues of humility, resignation, charity, and goodness."[188] He valued Nietzsche's concept of the superman, "The supreme egoist who defied both God and the masses, who despised egalitarianism and democracy, who believed in the weakest going to the wall and pushing them if they did not go fast enough."[188] On his 60th birthday, Mussolini received a gift from Hitler of a complete twenty-four volume set of the works of Nietzsche.[189]
    Mussolini made vitriolic attacks against Christianity and the Catholic Church, which he accompanied with provocative remarks about the consecrated host, and about a love affair between Christ and Mary Magdalene. He denounced socialists who were tolerant of religion, or who had their children baptized, and called for socialists who accepted religious marriage to be expelled from the party. He denounced the Catholic Church for "its authoritarianism and refusal to allow freedom of thought ..." Mussolini's newspaper, La Lotta di Classe, reportedly had an anti-Christian editorial stance.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  4. #1254
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See, craziness.
    Obama, right? In all seriousness, if you voted for Obama in 2012 you are a liberal. I can understand getting caught up in the fever of 2008. But you really need to reassess your own beliefs about who you are.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  5. #1255
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,959

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um...read some history.

    Mussolini became anti-clerical like his father. As a young man, he "proclaimed himself to be an atheist[187] and several times tried to shock an audience by calling on God to strike him dead."[185] He believed that science had proven there was no god, and that the historical Jesus was ignorant and mad. He considered religion a disease of the psyche, and accused Christianity of promoting resignation and cowardice.[185]
    Mussolini was an admirer of Friedrich Nietzsche. According to Denis Mack Smith, "In Nietzsche he found justification for his crusade against the Christian virtues of humility, resignation, charity, and goodness."[188] He valued Nietzsche's concept of the superman, "The supreme egoist who defied both God and the masses, who despised egalitarianism and democracy, who believed in the weakest going to the wall and pushing them if they did not go fast enough."[188] On his 60th birthday, Mussolini received a gift from Hitler of a complete twenty-four volume set of the works of Nietzsche.[189]
    Mussolini made vitriolic attacks against Christianity and the Catholic Church, which he accompanied with provocative remarks about the consecrated host, and about a love affair between Christ and Mary Magdalene. He denounced socialists who were tolerant of religion, or who had their children baptized, and called for socialists who accepted religious marriage to be expelled from the party. He denounced the Catholic Church for "its authoritarianism and refusal to allow freedom of thought ..." Mussolini's newspaper, La Lotta di Classe, reportedly had an anti-Christian editorial stance.
    What does this have to do with the Church shunning Jews, letting them die in the Holocaust, and not apologizing until fairly recently?

  6. #1256
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does this have to do with the Church shunning Jews, letting them die in the Holocaust, and not apologizing until fairly recently?
    Like you think anyone in Italy (you said the Vatican) would defy Mussolini and face death? The evil that controlled Europe in the 1930's was not from any god. In any event, the Vatican is Catholic. Let's just say that's not my religion. So, when you say the Church you might want to consider that it's not one mega church.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  7. #1257
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,041

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like you think anyone in Italy (you said the Vatican) would defy Mussolini and face death? The evil that controlled Europe in the 1930's was not from any god. In any event, the Vatican is Catholic. Let's just say that's not my religion. So, when you say the Church you might want to consider that it's not one mega church.
    Shocking again ...
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  8. #1258
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,463

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obama, right? In all seriousness, if you voted for Obama in 2012 you are a liberal. I can understand getting caught up in the fever of 2008. But you really need to reassess your own beliefs about who you are.
    Aaaaaaand wtf? What are you going on about? If you read my post and took nothing from it, except to keep hammering at this stupid point, you're messed up.

    I've already stated I don't like where the GOP is going, does that not insinuate to you that I might be leaving the party? How 'bout the fact that I've already stated I could be leaving the party... that just might indicate I might leave the party.

    Good work there, genius.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 08-05-2017 at 11:21 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  9. #1259
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aaaaaaand wtf? What are you going on about? If you read my post and took nothing from it, except to keep hammering at this stupid point, you're messed up.

    I've already stated I don't like where the GOP is going, does that not insinuate to you that I might be leaving the party? How 'bout the fact that I've already stated I could be leaving the party, that might indicate I might leave the party.

    Good work there, genius.
    You were lost if you were in the GOP anyway. Good luck. You understand conservatism and religion like Bill Maher understands it. How you were ever in the GOP I really don't know. There isn't a single administration that would be remotely close to acceptable to you.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  10. #1260
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shocking again ...
    Well, you want the truth right? The culture in Europe is weak which is why they didn't stand up to the Nazi's. The Vatican admits it.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  11. #1261
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,463

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You were lost if you were in the GOP anyway. Good luck. You understand conservatism and religion like Bill Maher understands it. How you were ever in the GOP I really don't know. There isn't a single administration that would be remotely close to acceptable to you.
    Ya, we actually agree on something, BnG. I probably never should've been there. I grew up in GOP surroundings, so I was easily impressionable when I was younger. It's been almost 20 years since I registered, admittedly I was young and had a different idea of the parties at the time. Over time, though, I've been realizing these aren't good, well-intentioned people. It's been hard for me to admit it to myself, but I'm getting there.

    I prefer common sense, hard work, productivity, accepting people, progress. That's not the GOP.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  12. #1262
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya, we actually agree on something, BnG. I probably never should've been there. I grew up in GOP surroundings, so I was easily impressionable when I was younger. It's been almost 20 years since I registered, admittedly I was young and had a different idea of the parties at the time. Over time, though, I've been realizing these aren't good, well-intentioned people. It's been hard for me to admit it to myself, but I'm getting there.

    I prefer common sense, hard work, productivity, accepting people, progress. That's not the GOP.
    At least we straightened that out. Just as you can sense a "right wing nut"...
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  13. #1263
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,463

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least we straightened that out. Just as you can sense a "right wing nut"...
    Ya, but in the end, no one cares if I'm liberal or conservative. Not real sure what victory you think you got there. The point is, you align with some f'd up people. And you admit to it.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  14. #1264
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya, but in the end, no one cares if I'm liberal or conservative. Not real sure what victory you think you got there. The point is, you align with some f'd up people. And you admit to it.
    That was not the part I was responding to and you know it. Also don't act like you're all grown up and now know better. You are in a really bad spot. Most people who switch become conservative after they grow up because they mature and learn what is best for society.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  15. #1265
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,463

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    1) I'm not in a really bad spot, lol.
    2) From the post I described most of the conservatives I know, why on earth would I "switch" to that? Intolerance? Laziness, system-riding? Backwards mentality?

    If people get older and switch to that, it's not from common sense -- it's from senility.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  17. #1266
    It's Miller Time??? Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8,950
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    I think that this thread has run its course...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:


  19. #1267
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1) I'm not in a really bad spot, lol.
    2) From the post I described most of the conservatives I know, why on earth would I "switch" to that? Intolerance? Laziness, system-riding? Backwards mentality?

    If people get older and switch to that, it's not from common sense -- it's from senility.
    You must not know many conservatives. They are the type that start businesses and grow wealthy because of it. They are certainly not riding the system and are normally the ones innovating. But let's imagine that it's the conservatives taking from the system. Since I really don't want to do that, let's cut taxes and let people like you keep more of the money you earn. Seems like a good deal for you....and I certainly don't want to be a free loader so don't put that on me. OK?

    Also, I cannot help if that's what you think of your family. I'm sorry to hear that and hope it's not as bad as you portray. In any event, they do not represent all conservatives. As for intolerance, we cannot tolerate the liberal mindset. I will admit to that. We want people to do better, not by handing them a fish...but by teaching a man or woman how to fish. If you're talking about race, some of the best conservatives I know are minorities. Marco Rubio was my guy...not Donald Trump or Jeb Bush. Ted Cruz was second in my book, another minority. Nikki Haley and Ben Carson and many more are some of the biggest names in the GOP and some of my personal favorites. I think the intolerant label liberals apply to conservatives while insinuating they are racist, sexist, etc., is a huge problem and THE reason why there is such a gulf in politics today. Good job there.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  20. #1268
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,463

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    I know a TON of conservatives, I live in southern Indiana, man. I mostly deal with conservatives. I know business owners, also, and not all of them are conservatives. I'm a business owner, for one.

    You tend to paint these broad, incorrect strokes about people. You really need to actually get to know folks. It almost sounds like your opinion is formed by listening to the media. I'm down here at the grass-roots, man, dealing with actual people.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  22. #1269
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,959

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    You champion a guy that says he should be able to say the n word, thinks that the NFL would become too feminine (which is a bad thing to Rush) if they punish domestic abusers.

    Yet complain about being labeled racist and sexist? Lol.

  23. #1270
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,959

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know a TON of conservatives, I live in southern Indiana, man. I mostly deal with conservatives. I know business owners, also, and not all of them are conservatives. I'm a business owner, for one.

    You tend to paint these broad, incorrect strokes about people. You really need to actually get to know folks. It almost sounds like your opinion is formed by listening to the media. I'm down here at the grass-roots, man, dealing with actual people.
    It really does sound like he's not out talking to people and forming close relationships with the folks he pretends to have pegged.

  24. #1271
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,041

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know a TON of conservatives, I live in southern Indiana, man. I mostly deal with conservatives. I know business owners, also, and not all of them are conservatives. I'm a business owner, for one.

    You tend to paint these broad, incorrect strokes about people. You really need to actually get to know folks. It almost sounds like your opinion is formed by listening to the media. I'm down here at the grass-roots, man, dealing with actual people.
    I'm a business owner as well
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  25. #1272
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,959

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a business owner as well
    Me too lol.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  27. #1273
    let's do better Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,748

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    I'm a business, man

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  28. #1274
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Lol. I am sure your parents are proud of your lemonade stand. Make that organic lemonade stand in your cases.

    BTW, if you are taking a W-2 from any organization you don't own, you are not in business for yourself.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  29. #1275
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Now that we've established that liberals create the jobs and conservatives ride the system, why give us money? We don't want or need your crutch because it would just make us weak and dependent....and of course start voting straight line Democrat. The meal ticket, you know.

    We are quite content with our lot in life and no we are not envious of your wealth, your cars, homes, lake houses, etc. We don't need Bernie to play Robin Hood and distribute the money evenly. We don't have needs that are not fulfilled because we live within our means. We don't go in debt way over our head due to unrealistic expectations...because we don't think that way. We know if you just play by the rules in the USA, you will be fine. We do the best we can and that's good enough for us.

    None of us need a leg up or hand out. We don't want you to hand us goodies because we want to maintain our pride and self respect. When you push the government check at us, we lose motivation to work and decide to just stay at home and procreate and keep living off the government. It's just not a good idea at all and never was...so just cut taxes and keep your money.

    Better yet, instead of funneling it through the government where that evil Donald Trump can get his hands on it, give it to charity. He may build a resort with it. Yes, let's shut down the IRS and instead give money to charity. Again, we are fine with this. I understand you think your taxes are keeping us afloat but trust me, we don't want or need a red cent from you.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 08-06-2017 at 05:24 PM.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •