Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1382

Thread: Political News and Policies

Default Re: Political News and Policies

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When did Rush condone domestic violence?

I like Rush first and foremost because he's wildly entertaining and most of what he says is right. The fact that he's been so ultra successful and the left always falls flat on their face when they try to take him down makes it all the better. Here's to 30 more years to a true Ameican icon. It just drives the left nuts that he's so successful.
    He is the fat drug addict version of Pat Robertson, he is another full of **** right winger that makes money out of fooling people.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

No wonder why he is such a hero to republicans

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Rush has definitely had a big influence on American politics, which is why we owe him such a debt of gratitude.
    So no answer on all the terrible things he's said? Okay.

Also, liberals who tried to copy his talk radio format have been laughable failures.
    Political talk radio is almost inherently reductive and demagogic, and I think it's to liberal audiences' credit that they have rejected it even when coming from their own side.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    So no answer on all the terrible things he's said? Okay.
    Sorry, was still waiting for you to say where he condoned domestic violence. Your response was not him saying he condoned domestic violence.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry, was still waiting for you to say where he condoned domestic violence. Your response was not him saying he condoned domestic violence.
    I mean look up anything he said about the Ray Rice situation....

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Rush Limbaugh on “this domestic violence stuff” and the NFL: “If we keep feminizing this game we’re going to ruin it”

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/12/rush...g_to_ruin_it”/

Taking such a cold hearted stance after the Ray Rice incident is promoting violence against women. How can anyone defend this? You don't seem like someone that would agree with this.

Rush Limbaugh on “this domestic violence stuff” and the NFL: “If we keep feminizing this game we’re going to ruin it”

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/12/rush...uin_it”/

Taking such a cold hearted stance after the Ray Rice incident is promoting violence against women. How can anyone defend this? You don't seem like someone that would agree with this.
    He's been on the radio for decades. He's said a lot of things. There have been some things he's said that I did not agree with and were probably not popular with his listeners in general. But 99% of what he says is right. He's doing a lot better than most liberals who constantly say things that are flat wrong.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    Political talk radio is almost inherently reductive and demagogic, and I think it's to liberal audiences' credit that they have rejected it even when coming from their own side.
    Ever watch MSNBC? ...smh. The liberals just have a different medium for their message.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    He's been on the radio for decades. He's said a lot of things. There have been some things he's said that I did not agree with and were probably not popular with his listeners in general. But 99% of what he says is right. He's doing a lot better than most liberals who constantly say things that are flat wrong.
    I literally said that both sides have their form of Rush. It's all bad. These people make millions by radicalizing society and politics for the worse. The goal is to use anger and hatred to rally conservative and liberal bases instead of unifying people.

You guys are better than this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Is Todd Young popular in Indiana? I saw that guy at a Congressional hearing I had to go to for work and thought damn, this guy might have the chops to run for President at some point.
    I was in law school with Todd Young. He went to night school at IU law in downtown Indy. From what I can tell he's not that popular or well known in Indiana.

My best school buddy told me that Todd was on a fast track to become something in politics. I didn't think much of it. Before I know it, he's a US senator which is amazing.

Personally, I thought he was articulate and fairly smart but not super sharp. He can definitely speak and deliver a message. But he wasn't the smartest guy in the room. He was one of the more articulate and he looked the part to be a politician.

My take from the many statements he made in class is that he is a far right fiscal conservative. I recall a debate he had in a business law class with others on the topic of income fairness. What was most striking is that he seemed to have a blind spot understanding why income fairness is an issue at all. I say blind spot because he wasn't understanding the liberal view point. It wasn't that he disagreed with it. He was either acting dumb (which is possible) or the liberal words just made no sense to him. This didn't happen all the time but was a really odd exchange.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

I literally said that both sides have their form of Rush. It's all bad. These people make millions by radicalizing society and politics for the worse. The goal is to use anger and hatred to rally conservative and liberal bases instead of unifying people.

You guys are better than this.
    Fully disagree. I love Rush. Don't agree with everything he says. But he makes lots and lots of good points. I would say you are discounting him calling him just any shock jock. Also, I disagree that those are his goals. He's more or less teaching conservatism. People should pay him personally for the education.

Fully disagree. I love Rush. Don't agree with everything he says. But he makes lots and lots of good points. I would say you are discounting him calling him just any shock jock. Also, I disagree that those are his goals. He's more or less teaching conservatism. People should pay him personally for the education.
    It's very interesting that you dismiss sexism and racism as "I don't agree with everything." Conservative or liberal, I have a moral compass that I don't compromise for millionaire shock jocks.

And further, the people profiting off of division and this contentious political climate using bombastic claims, lies and faux outrage are the worst type of people.

God help you

It's very interesting that you dismiss sexism and racism as "I don't agree with everything." Conservative or liberal, I have a moral compass that I don't compromise for millionaire shock jocks.

And further, the people profiting off of division and this contentious political climate using bombastic claims, lies and faux outrage are the worst type of people.

God help you
    Rush has been on the radio for decades. He's said a lot of things. Like I said I don't agree with everything he says and I would not approve of that. But I think you're interpretation of him is biased and that is not a surprise. Compare Rush to Obama. They actually have a lot in common. Both have had their share of statements they should take back:

Edit:
    OK. Here is the statement Rush made that got him in trouble. I have no idea if there is any truth to it, but he resigned over it:

“I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.”

Here are some of Obama's top hits. I report, you decide:

"The Cambridge Police acted stupidly." (fyi, he was dead wrong and should have apologized)
    "My Grandmother was a typical white person, if she saw blacks walking toward her she would cross the street."
    "If I had a son he would look like Trayvon."
    "And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 08-05-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Rush has been on the radio for decades. He's said a lot of things. Like I said I don't agree with everything he says and I would not approve of that. But I think you're interpretation of him is biased and that is not a surprise. Compare Rush to Obama. They actually have a lot in common. Both have had their share of statements they should take back:

Edit:
    OK. Here is the statement Rush made that got him in trouble. I have no idea if there is any truth to it, but he resigned over it:

“I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.”

Here are some of Obama's top hits. I report, you decide:

"The Cambridge Police acted stupidly." (fyi, he was dead wrong and should have apologized)
    "My Grandmother was a typical white person, if she saw blacks walking toward her she would cross the street."
    "If I had a son he would look like Trayvon."
    "And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”
    I'm not referring to that comment, that's pretty low on the list of racism and sexism from Rush.

Shocking...

I'm not referring to that comment, that's pretty low on the list of racism and sexism from Rush.
    Well, I don't monitor the guy. I've listened to hours of his programs over the last 25 years. Look, he's in the media and he's not reporting. He's giving his opinion. When people don't agree with his opinion they are going to be more apt to demonize him for any misstep. I would just say let it go. He's not a bad person. Obama isn't either. They are both biased afaic. Rush is more entertaining and I think he has the politics right. That is all.

Cool Re: Political News and Policies

I was in law school with Todd Young. He went to night school at IU law in downtown Indy. From what I can tell he's not that popular or well known in Indiana.

My best school buddy told me that Todd was on a fast track to become something in politics. I didn't think much of it. Before I know it, he's a US senator which is amazing.

Personally, I thought he was articulate and fairly smart but not super sharp. He can definitely speak and deliver a message. But he wasn't the smartest guy in the room. He was one of the more articulate and he looked the part to be a politician.

My take from the many statements he made in class is that he is a far right fiscal conservative. I recall a debate he had in a business law class with others on the topic of income fairness. What was most striking is that he seemed to have a blind spot understanding why income fairness is an issue at all. I say blind spot because he wasn't understanding the liberal view point. It wasn't that he disagreed with it. He was either acting dumb (which is possible) or the liberal words just made no sense to him. This didn't happen all the time but was a really odd exchange.
    You know, everyone's favorite half-bright military strategist/disney film critic also couldn't get into Bloomington law, er... was a proud iu-indy alum.

BTW, when I say Obama is not a bad person I mean it. He's biased and has the wrong ideas most of the time, from a jacked up life quite frankly. But Hillary? Yes, she is a bad person. The worst.

Out of curiosity, what was meant by income fairness?

Out of curiosity, what was meant by income fairness?
    The income fairness was a discussion about management vs. labor. Things like CEO bonuses, outsourcing which was so prevalent at the time, etc. Todd is all pro management. The liberal professor (kind of duplicative at IU-Indy) was of course pro labor. Really, Trump is pro labor taking on "the man" and he gets zero credit for it. From the visa issue to the border, Trump is helping the working man. Give him one little dab of credit for that. OK...maybe not since the bias blinds people.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 08-05-2017 at 08:09 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

You know, everyone's favorite half-bright military strategist/disney film critic also couldn't get into Bloomington law, er... was a proud iu-indy alum.
    People are not admitted to law school for a lot of reasons. I would not say it was lack of intellect on his part. It probably had more to do with his complexion and gender.

People are not admitted to law school for a lot of reasons. I would not say it was lack of intellect on his part. It probably had more to do with his complexion and gender.
    Mike Pence was born in 1969, are you really insinuating life would be easier if he were a black woman? What the **** is wrong with you? How many black close friends do you have? If they're your age their kids were the first generation to grow up without segregation.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Bare chested Putin hunting, fishing, killing bears, taming lions. Is this all a joke to him too?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b0d1e95bc96f

Mike Pence was born in 1969, are you really insinuating life would be easier if he were a black woman? What the **** is wrong with you? How many black close friends do you have? If they're your age their kids were the first generation to grow up without segregation.
    No. First, Pence was born in 1959 so let's correct that. All I am saying is that white males are not admitted into law school as easily as just about anyone else. This is actually an admitted and well known fact. There have been lawsuits over the years about this. Of course, I will say with Pence I don't know his background and even if he applied to IU Bloomington and I don't think it matters.

Edit: BTW your post just went off the deep end. I'm talking about law school admitting standards and you go wild. Just settle down.

Here: Please read. https://diversity.umich.edu/admissio.../lawqa.html#q2
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 08-05-2017 at 08:41 PM.