Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 564

Thread: Political News and Policies

  1. #351
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    34,047

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    You want evidence he is the evidence


    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  3. #352

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You want evidence he is the evidence


    Until actual evidence is provided... gossip, rumor etc. Is just that.
    Of course, maybe he'll pull an obama and shut it all down like fast & furious?

  4. #353
    "Microprocessors" Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Taunton, Massachusetts
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8,878
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    It still sounds like partisan propaganda like the birther/truther crap �� from the last 16 years...




    Unless it isn't.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  5. #354
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    34,047

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Trump telling his Russian friends at the white house that firing Comey has relieved great pressure = left wing satanic propaganda made up stuff


    My guess is Trump himself can tell Trumpfters about how he did it all and how he coordinated with the Russians and they are still going to tell us about "fake news media" and all that bs
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  6. #355
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    34,047

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    This is funny






    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  7. #356
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    6,015

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    I see we have some of those "heads in the sand" people on this board as well. Really not surprising considering this is Indiana. Forget about evidence of collusion for a second, what Trump had done is the definition of obstruction of justice. We are a land of laws and Trump has raped the Constitution in just about every way possible. Trump is lawyering up, WH is currently researching impeachment proceedings, and Jared Kushner( Trump's biggest ally in WH) is the subject of a criminal investigation. We are at the tip of the iceberg on what will eventually come out. Trump is toast. Only a matter of how long we continue to let this all time traitor rape this country all in the name of the rich and his own agenda. I can only surmise that anybody still defending him at this point is not following developments closely or is blinded by partisan goggles.
    Last edited by presto123; 05-20-2017 at 03:07 PM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  9. #357
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,433

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see we have some of those "heads in the sand" people on this board as well. Really not surprising considering this is Indiana. Forget about evidence of collusion for a second, what Trump had done is the definition of obstruction of justice. We are a land of laws and Trump has raped the Constitution in just about every way possible. Trump is lawyering up, WH is currently researching impeachment proceedings, and Jared Kushner( Trump's biggest ally in WH) is the subject of a criminal investigation. We are at the tip of the iceberg on what will eventually come out. Trump is toast. Only a matter of how long we continue to let this all time traitor rape this country all in the name of the rich and his own agenda. I can only surmise that anybody still defending him at this point is not following developments closely or is blinded by partisan goggles.

    I guess the "this is Indiana" mocking applies to more states than it has in a long time. "This is Florida, this is Ohio, this is Pennsylvania, this is Wisconsin, this is Michigan, this is Ohio." Trump kicked Hillary's *** in so many states that it takes a while to recite them all. Given the radical leftist agenda which has been responsible for so many pathetic Democratic defeats since 2010, the saying will soon apply to virtually every state that aren't coastal states and Illinois.

    "Evidence of collusion"......what do you know that Frankenfeinstein apparently doesn't? I'd love to hear it.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 05-20-2017 at 06:39 PM.

  10. #358
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    6,015

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess the "this is Indiana" mocking applies to more states than it has in a long time. "This is Florida, this is Ohio, this is Pennsylvania, this is Wisconsin, this is Michigan, this is Ohio." Trump kicked Hillary's *** in so many states that it takes a while to recite them all. Given the radical leftist agenda which has been responsible for so many pathetic Democratic defeat since 2010, the saying will soon apply to virtually every state that's not coastal states and Illinois.

    "Evidence of collusion"......what do you know that Frankenfeinstein apparently doesn't? I'd love to hear it.
    Not even worth replying to. Grab your popcorn and sit back and watch the dismantle. Best thing to ever happen to this country.

  11. #359
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    34,047

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess the "this is Indiana" mocking applies to more states than it has in a long time. "This is Florida, this is Ohio, this is Pennsylvania, this is Wisconsin, this is Michigan, this is Ohio." Trump kicked Hillary's *** in so many states that it takes a while to recite them all. Given the radical leftist agenda which has been responsible for so many pathetic Democratic defeat since 2010, the saying will soon apply to virtually every state that's not coastal states and Illinois.

    "Evidence of collusion"......what do you know that Frankenfeinstein apparently doesn't? I'd love to hear it.


    Where? Trump won the electoral vote by a marking of 80k votes.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  12. #360
    Looking like a season JB24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    971

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    I've tried to stay out of this thread for the longest time now, but I've been assigned to cover his visit to Riyadh.

    We get live streams in the press center to almost everything he's doing, and it really was quite funny watching this whole charade play out today - talking to most of the foreign press here, they still can't believe how shameless both sides have been with their respective u-turns. Honestly, the level of ***-kissing we saw on show was almost unprecedented.

    Most of the Saudi journos I spoke to were thrilled because they saw Obama as the devil reincarnate (which surprised me tbh - knew they didn't like him, but they were scathing). Curious as to what Trump's supporters think of all this though?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to JB24 For This Useful Post:


  14. #361
    Blow it up BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,218

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not even worth replying to. Grab your popcorn and sit back and watch the dismantle. Best thing to ever happen to this country.
    No, in the last 40 years, the best thing to happen to the US at the presidential level was the election of Ronald Reagan. The second best thing was preventing Hillary Clinton from being president. I will be forever grateful to Vladimir Putin...LOL. It's too funny the left has gone insane over Russia...especially after Mitt Romney warned them and Obummer dissed him.

    Two choice Presto. Obama either had poor judgment or he was just wrong when he ripped on Romney. Which one?

    Third was seeing Al Gore lose to Bush. Fourth was seeing John Kerry lose to Bush. Trump being impeached and removed will be good for the GOP. I'm not so sure the left is going to be that happy. They will have a much harder time demonizing politicians who are experts at avoiding controversy.

    So, bring on the impeachment. I didn't vote for the Orange Clown in the primary anyway.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 05-20-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  15. #362
    Blow it up BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,218

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've tried to stay out of this thread for the longest time now, but I've been assigned to cover his visit to Riyadh.

    We get live streams in the press center to almost everything he's doing, and it really was quite funny watching this whole charade play out today - talking to most of the foreign press here, they still can't believe how shameless both sides have been with their respective u-turns. Honestly, the level of ***-kissing we saw on show was almost unprecedented.

    Most of the Saudi journos I spoke to were thrilled because they saw Obama as the devil reincarnate (which surprised me tbh - knew they didn't like him, but they were scathing). Curious as to what Trump's supporters think of all this though?
    I am not surprised. I think you and many on the left are in a cocoon. They don't like Obama, on a personal level, because he's a condescending, arrogant twit who nobody overseas respects. Unlike other US presidents, including Bush, with Obama it's actually personal. They do not appreciate his natural condescending and arrogant tone. I realize the left doesn't hear that or they let it pass.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  16. #363
    Looking like a season JB24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    971

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not surprised. I think you and many on the left are in a cocoon. They don't like Obama, on a personal level, because he's a condescending, arrogant twit who nobody overseas respects. Unlike other US presidents, including Bush, with Obama it's actually personal. They do not appreciate his natural condescending and arrogant tone. I realize the left doesn't hear that or they let it pass.
    You are correct in that I am a lefty, but I was hardly an Obama fan. Not sure why that always seems to be the default assumption...

    Anyway, no, you're wrong. They hate him purely because he was the first American president in a while that hasn't bent over backwards for the Saudis. And he was taking steps to normalize relations with Iran.

    Tell me, how does it feel to see the guy you voted for pandering to some of the most egregious abusers of fundamental human rights in the world? How do you feel about his selling 340 billion dollars to a country that is responsible for a famine in another? And how does it feel to see him doing this after he's spent the last two years completely slating the ksa?

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to JB24 For This Useful Post:


  18. #364
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    34,047

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    110 billions of weapons sold to a Muslim country by the orange clown, where the "Christian conservatives" at?
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  19. #365
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    34,047

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  20. #366
    Blow it up BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,218

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are correct in that I am a lefty, but I was hardly an Obama fan. Not sure why that always seems to be the default assumption...

    Anyway, no, you're wrong. They hate him purely because he was the first American president in a while that hasn't bent over backwards for the Saudis. And he was taking steps to normalize relations with Iran.

    Tell me, how does it feel to see the guy you voted for pandering to some of the most egregious abusers of fundamental human rights in the world? How do you feel about his selling 340 billion dollars to a country that is responsible for a famine in another? And how does it feel to see him doing this after he's spent the last two years completely slating the ksa?
    First, I am NOT a Trump supporter. I opposed him in the primary. In the general, it all boiled down to the lesser of two evils. I opposed Hillary Clinton even more for many, many reasons because she is a murderous, evil, lying woman. For just one example, she LIED to the American people about Benghazi, for political reasons, where American heroes were killed and she will never be forgiven by me for that.


    As for the Saudis, yes they hate Obama because he's cozying up to Iran. But it's not that simple. Their scathing reaction to him, which you said you didn't understand, is because people who are at odds with him (like the Saudi's with the Iran issue) are deeply offended and resent his condescending tone. If you have not been on the receiving end of that, you might not understand.


    Trump's statements about the Saudi's before and after the election is par for his course. No one can defend him. Again, I am not a supporter of the Orange Clown. Let's just hope he gets impeached and removed which has probably been the GOP's plan all along.


    As for the US relationship with Saudi Arabia, it has been 100% pragmatic. Yes, it's about oil and that's why we deal with the Saudi's. Until the US is not reliant on foreign oil, that really cannot change even if we wanted it to change. Also, there is no realistic alternative to their current absolute monarchy/dictatorship. We have seen dictatorships fall in Libya and Egypt and the result has been pure chaos. If Assad, as bad as he is, went down in Syria it would be even worse. We certainly don't want to install another dictator in Saudi Arabia like we did in Iran. So, dealing with them is going to be necessary. Also, Iran is a force to be reckoned with that opposes the west at every turn. To some extent, partnering with the Saudi's combats that. It's really the right course of action for the US. IOW, Obama was wrong in Syria. Wrong in Egypt. And he's wrong with Saudi Arabia.

    Edit: Let's not forget that he was also wrong for hating Israel and giving hundreds of millions to Iran. He was also wrong for cozying up to Castro...speaking of people who oppress their populations...and we aren't even getting oil from them.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 05-21-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  21. #367
    Blow it up BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,218

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    110 billions of weapons sold to a Muslim country by the orange clown, where the "Christian conservatives" at?
    We are fine with their dictators keeping them in line, actually. That's really what their culture requires. Even Turkey, highly secularized, is moving toward a dictatorship regime. That's probably what they need with so many migrants entering the country.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 05-21-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  22. #368
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    27,740

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see we have some of those "heads in the sand" people on this board as well. Really not surprising considering this is Indiana. Forget about evidence of collusion for a second, what Trump had done is the definition of obstruction of justice. We are a land of laws and Trump has raped the Constitution in just about every way possible. Trump is lawyering up, WH is currently researching impeachment proceedings, and Jared Kushner( Trump's biggest ally in WH) is the subject of a criminal investigation. We are at the tip of the iceberg on what will eventually come out. Trump is toast. Only a matter of how long we continue to let this all time traitor rape this country all in the name of the rich and his own agenda. I can only surmise that anybody still defending him at this point is not following developments closely or is blinded by partisan goggles.
    Theres no evidence that Trump "intended" to break any laws so when the FBI concludes their investigation and lists the laws he's broken and still doesn't recommend any charges you can feel real good about those laws we're that were raped.

    Let's just hope Melanie and AG Sessions don't have an impromptu private meeting on a airport concourse checking up on each other's family. You'll really lose your **** then.

    Again I hate Trump but reading "we're a nation of laws!!!!" after Democrats used the IRS as a sword and made every excuse under the sun for Hillary makes me belly laugh.

    I mean I agree with your premise, but politicians pissing all over laws and sycophants clapping like seals is what lead to Trump anyways so enjoy what was sowed.
    Last edited by Since86; 05-22-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  24. #369
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,433

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not even worth replying to. Grab your popcorn and sit back and watch the dismantle. Best thing to ever happen to this country.

    So in other words, you don't know squat about any of the evidence (obviously not, since no substantive evidence has been given yet).

  25. #370
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,433

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Looks like Trump is having a successful overseas trip. Much drive his haters nuts.

  26. #371
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    34,047

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Nothing to see here ....



    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  27. #372
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    34,047

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    hahahahaha








    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  28. #373
    Blow it up BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,218

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Theres no evidence that Trump "intended" to break any laws so when the FBI concludes their investigation and lists the laws he's broken and still doesn't recommend any charges you can feel real good about those laws we're that were raped.

    Let's just hope Melanie and AG Sessions don't have an impromptu private meeting on a airport concourse checking up on each other's family. You'll really lose your **** then.

    Again I hate Trump but reading "we're a nation of laws!!!!" after Democrats used the IRS as a sword and made every excuse under the sun for Hillary makes me belly laugh.

    I mean I agree with your premise, but politicians pissing all over laws and sycophants clapping like seals is what lead to Trump anyways so enjoy what was sowed.
    Of all the things in this post, all of which I agree, I must say that Trump became president not because of conservatives. He became president because Hillary Clinton is a law-breaking, unlikeable, lying, murderous, hypocritical, Wall Street speech-giving politician, perhaps as corrupt as any who have run. Had she not been such a bad candidate, they would have easily won. Consider some of the statements Trump made that millions of people let pass all to prevent Hillary Clinton from being President.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  29. #374
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,433

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of all the things in this post, all of which I agree, I must say that Trump became president not because of conservatives. He became president because Hillary Clinton is a law-breaking, unlikeable, lying, murderous, hypocritical, Wall Street speech-giving politician, perhaps as corrupt as any who have run. Had she not been such a bad candidate, they would have easily won. Consider some of the statements Trump made that millions of people let pass all to prevent Hillary Clinton from being President.

    Hillary obviously was a horrific candidate, but Obama deserves big blame too. Obama left the Democratic Party in shambles. His policies simply can't win unless he is on the ballot box. The Democrats got smoked in 2010, 2014, and 2016 at the national and state levels with Obama in office. Once taking office, the only successful election in the Obama era was 2012 when he got re-elected. This tells us that Obama largely won because of his charm, historic presence, pop culture status, and abstract populism that he represented. When his policies were put on the ballot without him running, they got smoked. Thus, his policies simply never could win on the merits. They were rejected time and time again when he wasn't running. Obama can win, but his policies can't.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 05-22-2017 at 12:26 PM.

  30. #375
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    27,740

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing to see here ....



    Horrible. Too bad Trump/Flynn won't get the same covering by the press the Obama/Lerner did though. Govt cover ups with the media participating is so 2013.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •