Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Results 876 to 900 of 1390

Thread: Political News and Policies

  1. #876
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I'm not questioning who you are, or judging your contributions to society, I'm merely pointing out you have not understood the struggle of the working poor and deeply afflicted communities.
    I'm telling you that the way out of "deeply afflicted communities" is the conservative, moral message that people reject because they will not change their culture and mindset. When one makes a decision they should consider their past, their current circumstances and where they want to go in life. If they did that they would make a lot less poor decisions, often immoral decisions.

    Until the culture changes they will never get out of their circumstances and find a way to stand on their own feet. And we are doing people a disservice by telling them they are disadvantaged and forever...not just temporarily...but forever need a crutch. A man or woman on a crutch cannot help an old lady across the street and cannot help this world get better.

    The message should be to work hard, accept your lot in life, stop whining and being negative, stop inventing the idea that the world is unfair to you. Do the right thing. Try to live a moral life. The fact people on the left support abortion is a moral issue. Try to give more than you get...and you might just find the world becomes a better place. Just don't fall for the message that the government is your answer in life. In fact, relying on the government is the best way to keep in a "deeply afflicted community".
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 07-29-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  2. #877
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do realize that a very small fraction of the social programs republicans cut support "able bodied" people right and the majority of the able bodied people receive aid while working?

    Yes, people abuse the system, but it's a very small percentage compared to the elderly, disabled and children, babies that get cut out of republican plans for aid in the name of tax cuts for the rich.

    Look no further than the Trumpcare bill.
    Actually, the version of Trumpcare that was voted down this week included coverage for pre-existing conditions AND significant subsidies. It just eliminates the individual mandate which assess a fine if you don't buy it. The fact is, it would be just fine for the poor and working poor. The issue is that people would be priced out of the individual market. That actually affects upper middle income people the most. Personally my rates have gone up over 400% in the last two years under an individual health policy which I dropped on June 30th. Under Trumpcare, my insurance might start moving toward $2000 for two people. It will not matter to me anyway even if it goes to $10,000 a month, because I don't have insurance and don't plan on buying it.

    Read here for the real facts. I even picked a liberal web site for you:

    http://www.npr.org/sections/health-s...didn-t-go-well
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 07-29-2017 at 12:23 PM.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  3. #878
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,063

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm telling you that the way out of "deeply afflicted communities" is the conservative, moral message that people reject because they will not change their culture and mindset. When one makes a decision they should consider their past, their current circumstances and where they want to go in life. If they did that they would make a lot less poor decisions, often immoral decisions.

    Until the culture changes they will never get out of their circumstances and find a way to stand on their own feet. And we are doing people a disservice by telling them they are disadvantaged and forever...not just temporarily...but forever need a crutch. A man or woman on a crutch cannot help an old lady across the street and cannot help this world get better.

    The message should be to work hard, accept your lot in life, stop whining and being negative, stop inventing the idea that the world is unfair to you. Do the right thing. Try to live a moral life. The fact people on the left support abortion is a moral issue. Try to give more than you get...and you might just find the world becomes a better place. Just don't fall for the message that the government is your answer in life. In fact, relying on the government is the best way to keep in a "deeply afflicted community".
    LOL this is the same bs message conservatives sell but then they keep trying to tell people what to do with their f**** bodies, they want government in the church (the orange clown repealed a law that separated church and government) they want to tell us where to take a s** or if we should have an abortion or not, their hypocrisy is off the hook.


    It is also kind of funny how much they care about saving a fetus but once that fetus is born and becomes a grown a** adult this same "conservatives" are the ones that make it harder for this individual to get ahead because that is not the "conservative" way and blah blah blah, they also love the dead penalty which is another sick twist they do to fit their bs agenda.



    Also stop acting like laws have never been passed to destroy minority communities just because somebody gets the right to vote doesn't mean all their problems are solved either.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  4. #879
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL this is the same bs message conservatives sell but then they keep trying to tell people what to do with their f**** bodies, they want government in the church (the orange clown repealed a law that separated church and government) they want to tell us where to take a s** or if we should have an abortion or not, their hypocrisy is off the hook.


    It is also kind of funny how much they care about saving a fetus but once that fetus is born and becomes a grown a** adult this same "conservatives" are the ones that make it harder for this individual to get ahead because that is not the "conservative" way and blah blah blah, they also love the dead penalty which is another sick twist they do to fit their bs agenda.



    Also stop acting like laws have never been passed to destroy minority communities just because somebody gets the right to vote doesn't mean all their problems are solved either.
    Conservatives support the death penalty because they oppose evil and people who do evil.

    Conservatives oppose abortion because they support innocent life.

    That's really at the root of our differences. You pick a side. Good or evil.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  5. #880
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,063

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Conservatives support the death penalty because they oppose evil and people who do evil.

    Conservatives oppose abortion because they support innocent life.

    That's really at the root of our differences. You pick a side. Good or evil.


    You are making my point.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  6. #881
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are making my point.
    Don't feel bad. You have nothing to back up your argument. Similar to defending Trump, it is very difficult to defend the immorality that is pervasive in the liberal agenda.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  7. #882
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,977

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Conservatives support the death penalty because they oppose evil and people who do evil.

    Conservatives oppose abortion because they support innocent life.

    That's really at the root of our differences. You pick a side. Good or evil.
    You do understand that being pro choice doesn't mean pro abortion?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  9. #883
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do understand that being pro choice doesn't mean pro abortion?
    Do you oppose abortion? OK with it? Under some circumstances it's OK but not OK in others? Where do you stand?
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  10. #884
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do understand that being pro choice doesn't mean pro abortion?
    In theory, sure. The Democratic Party is definitely pro-abortion though.

  11. #885
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    6,047

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Conservatives support the death penalty because they oppose evil and people who do evil.

    Conservatives oppose abortion because they support innocent life.

    That's really at the root of our differences. You pick a side. Good or evil.
    .....yet they elected Donald freaking Trump......yet they keep trying to enact healthcare policies that will kill those same innocent children. You have it backwards. GOP is the evil party. Dems actually care about people.

  12. #886
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,977

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In theory, sure. The Democratic Party is definitely pro-abortion though.
    This is unbelievably false. Planned Parenthood as an organizational standard is preventing unwanted pregnancy. The goal is to make it so nobody even has to make that decision.

    So I'm not sure how you got such misinformation about the dem party.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  14. #887
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is unbelievably false. Planned Parenthood as an organizational standard is preventing unwanted pregnancy. The goal is to make it so nobody even has to make that decision.

    So I'm not sure how you got such misinformation about the dem party.
    Sure, they are all about that. But 30.6% of all abortions in the USA are performed by PP. Only 1.8% of breast exams and 1% of pap smears are performed by PP yet they claim to be about women's health. PP is an abortion mill and the Democrats fund it, not the GOP. The Dems own the abortions. They pay for them. That's called supporting abortion and it's really undeniable.

    Also, 40% of all PP's are in minority areas. They are basically targeting those areas. They make hundreds of millions of dollars in abortions every year. Something like 250-350 million.

    As for their history, their founder believed in eugenics...weeding out people unfit to be born (in her opinion). As a father of two with special needs, I find that disgusting. I find that a little too close to Adolph Hitler and no that is not an exaggeration.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 07-29-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  15. #888
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .....yet they elected Donald freaking Trump......yet they keep trying to enact healthcare policies that will kill those same innocent children. You have it backwards. GOP is the evil party. Dems actually care about people.
    Well, first I'm pro health care. I have been since before Obamacare. Second, did you read what they tried to pass earlier this week? It was basically Obamacare without penalties for not using it. It would have covered pre-existing conditions AND provided subsidies to poor people just as Obamacare does today. So, the GOP was basically going the status quo because they are not going to take away health care. Read up on this.

    The fact is, the GOP and Dems are actually both evil. The Dems are just considerably worse because they are fine killing innocent babies and are constantly defending killers and rapists.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  16. #889
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,977

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure, they are all about that. But 30.6% of all abortions in the USA are performed by PP. Only 1.8% of breast exams and 1% of pap smears are performed by PP yet they claim to be about women's health. PP is an abortion mill and the Democrats fund it, not the GOP. The Dems own the abortions. They pay for them. That's called supporting abortion and it's really undeniable.

    Also, 40% of all PP's are in minority areas. They are basically targeting those areas. They make hundreds of millions of dollars in abortions every year. Something like 250-350 million.

    As for their history, their founder believed in eugenics...weeding out people unfit to be born (in her opinion). As a father of two with special needs, I find that disgusting. I find that a little too close to Adolph Hitler and no that is not an exaggeration.


    And to answer you're earlier question I personally have not been put into that position, but I cannot put my faith on anyone. I have no right to tell someone when a life begins.

  17. #890
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,977

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Indiana HIV Outbreak Tied To Closure Of Planned Parenthood Clinics
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/newsone...cs-closed/amp/

    Cmon guys, this is the easy stuff. We should all be able to agree that society runs better with Planned Parenthood. And while we may be against abortion, nobody knows if a life begins before legal abortion. So we can't outlaw birth control, condoms, morning after pill, or early term abortion.

  18. #891
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    The Democratic Party wants a country with as few abortions as possible about as much as tobacco companies want as few smokers as possible. Abortion is the sacred political cow of the Democratic Party. It's major business for the party.

  19. #892
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,977

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Democratic Party wants a country with as few abortions as possible about as much as tobacco companies want as few smokers as possible. Abortion is the sacred political cow of the Democratic Party. It's major business for the party.
    Dude, no. Look at the ****ing graph.

  20. #893
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    And to answer you're earlier question I personally have not been put into that position, but I cannot put my faith on anyone. I have no right to tell someone when a life begins.
    The 3% for abortion services has been debunked. They were comparing an abortion procedure which brings in anywhere from $390-$1500 with a $10 prescription. That's why they are calling this "services" and attempting to hide the actual time they are taking and the money. They are misleading you and everyone else who hasn't done more research on it. The vast majority of what they are actually doing is to abort babies.

    I gave you the numbers that are accurate and they have published misleading information.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  21. #894
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude, no. Look at the ****ing graph.
    I do agree that PP is about handing out contraceptives. That may actually offend some people too. But it doesn't help their bad deeds. It doesn't change the fact they murder a human fetus every 97 seconds.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  22. #895
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,977

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Btw, republicans leaders don't want abortion to be illegal either. It's just something to rally the base.

    I mean, republicans have complete control. Why not pass a law making abortion illegal and let the conservative Suprem Court deal with it?

    Or even easier, just a bill to defund Planned Parenthood?

  23. #896
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    7,977

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 3% for abortion services has been debunked. They were comparing an abortion procedure which brings in anywhere from $390-$1500 with a $10 prescription. That's why they are calling this "services" and attempting to hide the actual time they are taking and the money. They are misleading you and everyone else who hasn't done more research on it. The vast majority of what they are actually doing is to abort babies.

    I gave you the numbers that are accurate and they have published misleading information.
    I'm sorry but you're wrong. The numbers you posted are total percentages for the country not PP.

  24. #897
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Why does the left talk about science as-if it's the holy grail, but when the plain truth that a human fetus has a beating heart and is clearly alive. It's alive at the time of conception Freddie. This is a scientific fact.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  25. #898
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry but you're wrong. The numbers you posted are total percentages for the country not PP.
    It is exactly accurate in terms of PP's role in our society. They are the place to get abortions. They are rarely used, in comparision to other facilities, for women's health. That's what those numbers mean and I think you know that.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  26. #899
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude, no. Look at the ****ing graph.

    That graph is about as relevant as the tobacco executives saying nicotine isn't addictive.

  27. #900
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That graph is about as relevant as the tobacco executives saying nicotine isn't addictive.
    The graph is what we might want to call a lie. How long does it take to write a prescription vs perform an abortion procedure? That's the numbers they are mixing. They are flat out hiding what they do.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •