Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Political News and Policies

Default Re: Political News and Policies

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The new Sean Spicer lol

Oh My.....Trump just don't know any better... guess he figured this guy would be fiery at the press... LOL.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

now the killings on the other hand
    The glove didn't fit those hands either.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    As for Carrier, they better watch their back. Donald and company will take this very serious. They better hope he gets impeached and removed because he will definitely take action on this.
    Well, it would be nice if he would.... but it remains yet to be seen that he will. The broken promises and stalled agendas are piling up.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This administration is just so sloppy.
    Sloppy? Maybe so, but there are much worse and more fitting adjectives to use.

Sports Logo

I had a couple of those guys working for me and they were worthless, they were always texting their moms and acting like everybody is against them, they also want to make a certain amount of money without having any experience and always showing up to work late.

Funny text message I got from one of them when I let him go (I still got the text message) "I would have came in today if u would have payed me more per week but u said u couldn't so I decided my time was worth more than that, if u would have payed me what I wanted I would have been more reliable and a better worker" (actuall text message) LOL
    I had a long reply to this typed out but it got really rambling and, frankly, probably legally actionable by corporate should something ever come to that lol. but basically boiled down to a strong work ethic is becoming extremely hard to find in even just somewhat labor intensive jobs. if you're on the clock do what I tell you, ****ing WORK. and no, you can't sue me for taking your phone. I mean, I guess you technically CAN, but it's not gonna go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I had a long reply to this typed out but it got really rambling and, frankly, probably legally actionable by corporate should something ever come to that lol. but basically boiled down to a strong work ethic is becoming extremely hard to find in even just somewhat labor intensive jobs. if you're on the clock do what I tell you, ****ing WORK. and no, you can't sue me for taking your phone. I mean, I guess you technically CAN, but it's not gonna go well.
    I do see an issue with work ethic among a lot of younger people. Some of this might be related to their expectations and our changing lifestyle. A smart phone isn't cheap and wasn't an expense I had in my 20's. The internet existed but the web didn't. People don't even know the difference between the internet and web...lol. So, I wasn't paying an ISP for access to things that did not exist.

Personally, after getting out of school, I lived up in the Detroit area, bought used suits, slept on a mattress lying on the floor in the rented upstairs of a farm house (it had electricity and running water...and that's it) and drove over an hour and fifteen minutes one-way to work. It was extremely tight living. I worked on salary from 7AM to 9PM at times the first few years because I was learning an amazing amount at the time. I believed that knowledge would make my life better and I was right. I wouldn't do those hours for nothing now of course...but I don't feel I need to do that.... Later, there were times where I would have to get up and drive in at 2AM in the morning to fix system issues for a bank. Very high pressure actually for a young man. This was before modems were widely available and fast enough to dial into systems. No, it wasn't all fun and games but I still had it easier than earlier generations. Electricity and running water is nice...

Anyway, yes, the kids are soft and spoiled. I see some lazy rich kids who don't even want to work in the summer between college. That really does disgust me. I see other kids hanging onto their parent's basement with no real plan. I see kids getting into trouble...kids that are able bodied....there is NO excuse for it. I see parents enabling this. It's easy to do that as a parent, but it's better to kick the crutch out and let Johnny fall down. He will never grow if he cannot stand on his own. I also see some early 20 somethings who are hard workers. Of course, one is my nephew who is in medical school. He seems to have his act together.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 07-22-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yeah I had a 22/23 years old guy that is still leaving his parents tell me that I screwed him up because I offered him a job and now his parents are kicking him out of the house and increasing the interest rate of whatever money he owes them. He went as far as to tell me that if I wanted him to work for me he needed to make no less than $15 an hour and needed a certain amount of guarantees.

This "prospect" just got fired from his previous job where he was making $9 dollars an hour by the way LOL
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

This fool is good at telling on himself

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Yeah I had a 22/23 years old guy that is still leaving his parents tell me that I screwed him up because I offered him a job and now his parents are kicking him out of the house and increasing the interest rate of whatever money he owes them. He went as far as to tell me that if I wanted him to work for me he needed to make no less than $15 an hour and needed a certain amount of guarantees.

This "prospect" just got fired from his previous job where he was making $9 dollars an hour by the way LOL
    If it's a job that requires a college degree, then yeah no less than $15 /hr sounds about right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I do see an issue with work ethic among a lot of younger people. Some of this might be related to their expectations and our changing lifestyle. A smart phone isn't cheap and wasn't an expense I had in my 20's. The internet existed but the web didn't. People don't even know the difference between the internet and web...lol. So, I wasn't paying an ISP for access to things that did not exist.

Personally, after getting out of school, I lived up in the Detroit area, bought used suits, slept on a mattress lying on the floor in the rented upstairs of a farm house (it had electricity and running water...and that's it) and drove over an hour and fifteen minutes one-way to work. It was extremely tight living. I worked on salary from 7AM to 9PM at times the first few years because I was learning an amazing amount at the time. I believed that knowledge would make my life better and I was right. I wouldn't do those hours for nothing now of course...but I don't feel I need to do that.... Later, there were times where I would have to get up and drive in at 2AM in the morning to fix system issues for a bank. Very high pressure actually for a young man. This was before modems were widely available and fast enough to dial into systems. No, it wasn't all fun and games but I still had it easier than earlier generations. Electricity and running water is nice...

Anyway, yes, the kids are soft and spoiled. I see some lazy rich kids who don't even want to work in the summer between college. That really does disgust me. I see other kids hanging onto their parent's basement with no real plan. I see kids getting into trouble...kids that are able bodied....there is NO excuse for it. I see parents enabling this. It's easy to do that as a parent, but it's better to kick the crutch out and let Johnny fall down. He will never grow if he cannot stand on his own. I also see some early 20 somethings who are hard workers. Of course, one is my nephew who is in medical school. He seems to have his act together.
    You just described every generation in their early twenties post ww2. The only difference is this latest version is saddled with so much debt that they literally can't afford to take just any hardworking job that pays for chit.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

I was just reading an article talking about business, potential employees, and wages. It made a surprisingly straight forward point: If potential employees are walking away from your job or job openings then you aren't paying enough.

I admit, I've looked at it like you guys and put the blame on the employees 100%, people not wanting hard work, or don't want to get dirty, etc., but the article did make me think. We all talk about the free market but this is exactly the free market at work. There might also be some flaws built into things with the push for higher education and the way that has been marketed skewing the job market and employee pool. But it still goes back to the free market- If people don't want to work for what a job pays... then people don't want to work for what a job pays.

So then requires another look at things. Is the business trying to make too much profit on the backs of its employees? Could the business pay more, get a more motivated employee base and improve profits via efficiency? Could the business survive on fewer employees but better paid employees and maintain it's customer base satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and still maintain acceptable profits?
    And probably the big question: Could the business increase prices in order to pay employees more and simply maintain the current profit levels?

Look at it from a potential employee POV: If they are going to be burdened with student debt and other debt, live paycheck to paycheck anyway, then maybe they have a point taking the crappy but easy/comfortable lower paying job versus the harder job for more money (but not 'that' much more money).
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    You just described every generation in their early twenties post ww2. The only difference is this latest version is saddled with so much debt that they literally can't afford to take just any hardworking job that pays for chit.
    I would have to agree. There are always exceptions but I have managed a lot of people from their 20's to their 60's over the last 15-20 years. I can tell you that the older crowd are more reliable, whine less and expect less. Still, I would be whining too if tuition cost me what it costs them. I do get that. But the rest of that is true and really an indication of where we are as a nation. Soft and headed down.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hate when people talk about this "lazy" generation for moving back home. I just read an article in the WSJ or WP that talked about this very topic. I'm biased, but I moved back for a year after college and saved every penny I could to A. Pay off student loans and B. Put a down payment on our first home. I HATED being back home but I tried living on my own in the D.C. Metro area an literally couldn't save a penny.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I was just reading an article talking about business, potential employees, and wages. It made a surprisingly straight forward point: If potential employees are walking away from your job or job openings then you aren't paying enough.

I admit, I've looked at it like you guys and put the blame on the employees 100%, people not wanting hard work, or don't want to get dirty, etc., but the article did make me think. We all talk about the free market but this is exactly the free market at work. There might also be some flaws built into things with the push for higher education and the way that has been marketed skewing the job market and employee pool. But it still goes back to the free market- If people don't want to work for what a job pays... then people don't want to work for what a job pays.

So then requires another look at things. Is the business trying to make too much profit on the backs of its employees? Could the business pay more, get a more motivated employee base and improve profits via efficiency? Could the business survive on fewer employees but better paid employees and maintain it's customer base satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and still maintain acceptable profits?
    And probably the big question: Could the business increase prices in order to pay employees more and simply maintain the current profit levels?

Look at it from a potential employee POV: If they are going to be burdened with student debt and other debt, live paycheck to paycheck anyway, then maybe they have a point taking the crappy but easy/comfortable lower paying job versus the harder job for more money (but not 'that' much more money).
    Good points. I'd argue I'd take more money every time, but it depends on each persons situation. (I'd rant for an hour, but I also think location/commute plays a huge part)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    I hate when people talk about this "lazy" generation for moving back home. I just read an article in the WSJ or WP that talked about this very topic. I'm biased, but I moved back for a year after college and saved every penny I could to A. Pay off student loans and B. Put a down payment on our first home. I HATED being back home but I tried living on my own in the D.C. Metro area an literally couldn't save a penny.
    I'm not sure if "moving back home" is the issue. What I have personally seen and experienced is an attitude of entitlement. I think that is changing though with the most recent college graduates. They seem to be more grounded than the last 15-20 years.

What I have often seen is people 30-40 years old who go into debt always wanting the nicer things in life and getting themselves in trouble. They aren't ready at 30 years old for the luxuries that you might have at 50 or 55 but these kids think they should have that. They need to spend a bit more time working or they need to earn more money somehow before they enjoy things that older people happen to be able to afford. I also see older people do that and spend an incredible amount on a huge house and wonder why they need all of that. People need to roll back their expectations but it's particularly bad with Gen X and those a bit younger.

Sports Logo

what's with all this Kid Rock stuff from the political press? the dude's hyping an album, that's it.

Sports Logo

no one wants this but rubes, morons, and straight up evil people. I mean that, if you support this you are evil and I don't say that kinda stuff lightly. his own voters are vastly against it. do it and watch a party cannibalize itself.

Our political conundrum in a nutshell: he is publicly raping the Republican party, and the Republican party's response is still "we will support anything on the Trump agenda because screw the Democrats".

Default Political News and Policies

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Big day for HealthCare. After 7 years of talking, we will soon see whether or not Republicans are willing to step up to the plate!ó Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 25, 2017

Our political conundrum in a nutshell: he is publicly raping the Republican party, and the Republican party's response is still "we will support anything on the Trump agenda because screw the Democrats".
    The real sad thing about this is that the republicans are mainly consider this because they refuse to replace it with brand new legislation as they don't have 60 votes in the senate, and thus would have to be.... gulp.....Bipartisan. So let's just mess up the frame work of Obamacare, cut funding and make it less of an entitlement and call it healthcare reform....no these are just spending reforms.

Good luck Seniors! Let's see if you still support the republicans in a few years once your completely Bankrupt from paying out the nose insurance premiums! Or when Medicare won't cover your hip replacement or diabetes treatments.

Last edited by graphic-er; 07-25-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Republicans never thought Trump would win, and I'm convinced that most in power didn't want him to win. They seemed to be perfectly content with being the opposition, which meant they didn't have to put much effort in. Clearly they haven't been ready to lead and implement legislation after the American people gave them the mandate to do so.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Republicans never thought Trump would win, and I'm convinced that most in power didn't want him to win. They seemed to be perfectly content with being the opposition, which meant they didn't have to put much effort in. Clearly they haven't been ready to lead and implement legislation after the American people gave them the mandate to do so.
    The Republicans had opportunity to change ObamaCare before Trump was elected but they consistently talk without any action. I am not surprised at all that nothing has happened again. But why do people put their trust in McConnell and Ryan?
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I see what you are doing, you can start blaming the Orange clown and admit you were wrong for voting for him any time now (lets try an explanation without Hillary or Obama been mentioned once).

I see what you are doing, you can start blaming the Orange clown and admit you were wrong for voting for him any time now (lets try an explanation without Hillary or Obama been mentioned once).
    So I criticize Republicans and still can't make you happy? Tough crowd.

Trump hasn't been the leader and negotiator that he hyped himself up as being. That being said, it still takes the House and Senate to get legislation done. I think they were caught with their pants down because they never thought that Trump would win and that they'd find themselves in a position to enact legislation. I think a lot of these Republicans prefer to be the opposition to a Democrat President because it takes a lot less effort and there's not as much pressure.

Trump or no Trump, there are way too many branches in the Republican Party. They trip all over each other.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 07-25-2017 at 12:46 PM.

The guy with cancer is going to the senate to remove healthcare from people with cancer, what a maverick

31. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

F*** that guy