Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Political News and Policies

Default Re: Political News and Policies

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You retired or maybe you conned your voters who still can't bring themselves to admit it.
    I asked some Trump voters this morning if they regret this whole thing, so far they are happy they have a white guy back as their president but nothing else.

They also came up with a bs excuses about how Mexico is going to pay for the wall LOL
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I asked some Trump voters this morning if they regret this whole thing, so far they are happy they have a white guy back as their president but nothing else.

They also came up with a bs excuses about how Mexico is going to pay for the wall LOL
    The saying "No such thing as a free lunch" doesn't resonate with his voters. They are a bunch of deplorables, because they are so uninformed about basic economics and the constitution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Welp Spicer just got himself fired

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Welp Spicer just got himself fired

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Lol. How do they hire people like this?

Forgot to ad that the guy I was talking to has very bad teeth issues, I told him about Bernie been the guy and he was like "oh he sucks because he wants to give us free health and that is communism" :

In my mind I was like "you clown if anybody in this country needs free health is your dumba$$ so you can get that horrible mouth fixed"

He got this **** going on and he is ok with building the stupid wall ........

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

BREAKING NEWS: US prepared for preemptive strike on North Korea. They better put a rush on this Russia investigation before Trump blows up the world. On that front, The Guardian(pretty reliable news source) reports that the US has "concrete evidence" of Trump/Russia collusion. I've always had a funny feeling for at least a year now that if Trump were ever cornered and knew he was going down that he would just launch nukes for the hell of it. To take out people with him.(even had a dream about it) Hope to hell I'm wrong on that one.

https://twitter.com/Slate/status/852563240307613696

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gorsuch getting confirmed to the Supreme Court was a great moment for the Trump administration. Republicans completely owned tone-deaf Democrats at their own game. Democrats were the ones who politicized the Supreme Court back in the late 80's in the early 90's with their hateful treatment of Bork and Thomas. They also filibustered Bush Appeals Court nominees. Glad to see the Republicans win a nasty game this time around. The judicial branch used to be prestigious and above hateful politics, but the Democrats unfortunately politicized it.

Thanks Harry Reid for foolishly implementing the nuclear option four years ago. Fitting that this nasty bitter partisan is largely responsible for Gorsuch. What goes around comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Gorsuch getting confirmed to the Supreme Court was a great moment for the Trump administration. Republicans completely owned tone-deaf Democrats at their own game. Democrats were the ones who politicized the Supreme Court back in the late 80's in the early 90's with their hateful treatment of Bork and Thomas. They also filibustered Bush Appeals Court nominees. Glad to see the Republicans win a nasty game this time around. The judicial branch used to be prestigious and above hateful politics, but the Democrats unfortunately politicized it.

Thanks Harry Reid for foolishly implementing the nuclear option four years ago. Fitting that this nasty bitter partisan is largely responsible for Gorsuch. What goes around comes around.
    It's pretty much the ONLY thing Trump has accomplished.(and he didn't do anything but nominate) What a lame President.

Germany, Britain, France, Netherlands, Estonia, Poland, Australia now confirmed to have turned over evidence to US authorities. Multiple campaign surrogates talked with Russian intelligence starting way back in 2015 and continuing all through election season. What reason would all those surrogates have to talk to Russian spies that many times and for that long? Why would these countries turn over these communications if there wasn't damning evidence on them? Some of our allies have already said there is evidence of Trump/Russia collusion on their intercepts. FBI either gets to the bottom of this or my bet is these countries tell us exactly what was said in those intercepted communications. This may be another check on our intelligence in case there is any partisanship going on.
    Last edited by presto123; 04-14-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Democrats screwed up because they actually invoked the Filibuster. Gorsuch didn't have 60 votes anyways. Why filibuster in the first place? They made themselves looks like fools. They should have just let Mitch bring the man up for a vote. Then watch him change the rules when he didn't have the 60 votes. Then the republicans could rightly be accused of Tyranny. instead the Democrats put their head in the sand invoked the filibuster and complained about a stolen seat, even though Garland would never get 60 votes either.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

60 votes was only needed to bring up the yes/no vote. 54 voted yes confirmed him. He only needed 51.

But tyranny.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Indiana dips its toe into the Cannabis Pool

http://wvut.org/2017/04/governor-sig...cannabis-bill/

And pro lifers don't give a **** about this.
    Well, they might. Regardless, the left works really hard to protect murderers and rapists while the right tries to save innocent babies. Just the truth...
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Well, they might. Regardless, the left works really hard to protect murderers and rapists while the right tries to save innocent babies. Just the truth...
    Just like the right trying to help children and babies by kicking tens of millions of families off health insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Democrats screwed up because they actually invoked the Filibuster. Gorsuch didn't have 60 votes anyways. Why filibuster in the first place? They made themselves looks like fools. They should have just let Mitch bring the man up for a vote. Then watch him change the rules when he didn't have the 60 votes. Then the republicans could rightly be accused of Tyranny. instead the Democrats put their head in the sand invoked the filibuster and complained about a stolen seat, even though Garland would never get 60 votes either.
    Democrats are tone deaf and the party is on life support at the moment, so I'm not surprised they got owned on the Supreme Court. With the exception of Obama's re-election in 2012, they've pretty much lost everything of relevance at the state and national levels since 2010. The ultra left wing agenda could be carried by Obama's charm when he was on the ballot, but it loses on the merits without his name. Of course Republicans never miss opportunities to miss opportunities, but their agenda has been what the voters have wanted across the board in recent years.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 04-29-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Democrats are tone deaf and the party is on life support at the moment, so I'm not surprised they got owned on the Supreme Court. With the exception of Obama's re-election in 2012, they've pretty much lost everything of relevance at the state and national levels since 2010. The ultra left wing agenda could be carried by Obama's charm when he was on the ballot, but it loses on the merits without his name. Of course Republicans never miss opportunities to miss opportunities, but their agenda has been what the voters have wanted across the board in recent years.
    When I go home or talk to my friends in the Midwest, I hear this "tone deaf" thing parroted about Democrats all the time. While I'm out here or working in California, I hear the exact same thing about Republicans. Whatever party that does not share the views of the person talking is tone deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    When I go home or talk to my friends in the Midwest, I hear this "tone deaf" thing parroted about Democrats all the time. While I'm out here or working in California, I hear the exact same thing about Republicans. Whatever party that does not share the views of the person talking is tone deaf.

Well, one side is clearly the winner as far as the current scoreboard stands: Republicans dominate at the state and national levels because while the hyper-leftist Obama policies might be popular on the fringe coasts and Chicago, they get beat almost everywhere else.....including states like Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania this last go around.

Modern liberalism wins when it's carried by Obama's charm on the ballot box. Without him, it gets slaughtered on the merits. Refer to the nasty Democrat defeats in 2010, 2014, and 2016.

Democrats are tone deaf because they keep trying the same things even though all they've done recently is lose, lose, lose, and lose. Republicans were in trouble 8 years ago but they got their act together and were led by some smart people in subsequent years. Democrats are still rolling with Pelosi even though she's pretty much the poster child for why their party is in such a hideous spot. That's tone teaf. They need fresh faces.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 04-29-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Well, one side is clearly the winner as far as the current scoreboard stands: Republicans dominate at the state and national levels because while the hyper-leftist Obama policies might be popular on the fringe coasts and Chicago, they get beat almost everywhere else.....including states like Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania this last go around.

Modern liberalism wins when it's carried by Obama's charm on the ballot box. Without him, it gets slaughtered on the merits. Refer to the nasty Democrat defeats in 2010, 2014, and 2016.

Democrats are tone deaf because they keep trying the same things even though all they've done recently is lose, lose, lose, and lose. Republicans were in trouble 8 years ago but they got their act together and were led by some smart people in subsequent years. Democrats are still rolling with Pelosi even though she's pretty much the poster child for why their party is in such a hideous spot. That's tone teaf. They need fresh faces.

Both parties are in trouble there is a reason why a non republican won their election, this talk like the republicans are doing great is kind of ridiculous, that whole party was ready to go into **** if Trump had lost the election.

I don't have a horse in this race, just making an observation based on personal anecdotes. I don't think either party is particularly in touch with people, and I think the two party system creates polarization that makes people choose sides and eliminates the middle as ground to stand on.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Just like the right trying to help children and babies by kicking tens of millions of families off health insurance?
    *Some* on the right. But the left forgets that Medicaid is granted to the poor and Medicare for the old. Able bodied people need to pay for their own insurance but they'd rather have someone else buy it for them so they can have more money for personal consumption be it cars, TV's, clothes, etc.

The fact of the matter is, the health care system is messed up. Worse than ever right now because of the way Obama implemented it. I happen to agree that pre-existing conditions should be covered and preventative care should be covered. So Obamacare has some good aspects. But my insurance is $1299.70 a month for my wife and myself because I'm self employed. That's with 14K deductibles. It's absolutely horrendous because the Democrats, as usual, don't implement programs with free markets integrated into them.

I say this with personal experience in government. They don't like the free market. They despise it. I know people who despise it and they are dead wrong about how to run the government. This is why liberal cities across this nation are in debt and crime ridden. Their policies are just wrong.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

^^^^^C'mon man. You are better than that. You sound like traitor Jason Chaffetz who just stepped down. He said people could afford health insurance under the GOP's crap health bill if they would give up their iphones. GOP policies hurt people period. They are a party catered to the rich and the white. It's even worse now with an all time corrupt President in the WH.

^^^^^C'mon man. You are better than that. You sound like traitor Jason Chaffetz who just stepped down. He said people could afford health insurance under the GOP's crap health bill if they would give up their iphones. GOP policies hurt people period. They are a party catered to the rich and the white. It's even worse now with an all time corrupt President in the WH.
    Trump hijacked the GOP. They cannot stand him any more than the Democrats. But they all so corrupt they are weighing their options. They may well rally around him so they can benefit in some way from his power. In fact, he could have easily hijacked the Democratic Party. A good friend of mine is a long time Democrat and he voted for Trump in the primary. 25 years ago he would have lined up with the Democratic Party very, very well. He's just like an old union boss. But the Democrats threw them under the bus maybe 20 years ago when Bill Clinton signed NAFTA. What happened to the Democratic support for labor unions? Donald Trump is handling that now.

As for who the GOP caters to, they will cater to whoever believes in free market capitalism. That happens to be mostly rich white people. Sure, there are racists in our midst but the GOP would love to have more support from blacks but they cannot sell capitalism to minorities. I realize that doesn't fit the left's narrative, but that's the truth. ...and the truth is, the US has had the strongest economy and military in the history of the world BECAUSE of capitalism...not because we are in the business of handing out goodies to everyone. Yes, we protect the poor through Medicaid, SSI, etc. and we protect the elderly through SS and Medicare...but handing out free stuff to able-bodied people? That's just wrong.

One of your greatest president's, John F. Kennedy, said it best: "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country". It's a shame that has been long forgotten.

Now I get healthcare is a mess. Pre-existing conditions should have always had a safety net. I agree with that. Obama really should be commended for pushing it through, even if it was structured poorly. The issue always boils down to that wrong-headed idea the liberals have and that is "government can solve our problems". The fact is, the free market needs to be part of the solution. But liberals don't understand how that works so they don't do it. The GOP is about to demonstrate how to do it right.

Edit: BTW, Hillary Clinton is the single most corrupt politician to ever run for POTUS. THAT is why she lost to orange clown. ...and no Trump isn't as corrupt as Hillary Clinton. It takes years in politics to figure out how to get that corrupt and Trump hasn't had nearly enough time.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 04-30-2017 at 09:00 PM.

30% of the adults in Indiana have a pre-existing condition??
    I hear this talk of how medicaid/care is for the poor and the elderly and the rest of us need to just pony up for healthcare. Do they have any idea about how expensive it is? Even as a perfect specimen of humanity with no pre-existing conditions? Or maybe they just don't care. I'm assuming the latter. The lower middle class can't afford this when trying to pay for a mortgage/rent, food, car/transportation.. Hell, the lower middle class can't afford basic living conditions already.

This list is so typical of the MSM. They try to paint certain state in a poor light. The states with the lowest IQ's. The states with the fattest people. The most depressed states in the nation. The states with the worst air quality. Blah, blah, blah.

I know people living in New York, Illinois and California...really all over. Anyway, they live in huts compared to the mansions they could live in here. Millions and millions of people live in large nasty cities and don't have close to the quality of life we have in central Indiana. Their housing costs and the traffic is horrendous. Honestly, I wish more of Indiana was cornfields. We have enough here already.

Quote Originally Posted by PaceBalls View Post
    30% of the adults in Indiana have a pre-existing condition??
    I hear this talk of how medicaid/care is for the poor and the elderly and the rest of us need to just pony up for healthcare. Do they have any idea about how expensive it is? Even as a perfect specimen of humanity with no pre-existing conditions? Or maybe they just don't care. I'm assuming the latter. The lower middle class can't afford this when trying to pay for a mortgage/rent, food, car/transportation.. Hell, the lower middle class can't afford basic living conditions already.
    The GOP will pay big time with seats in the House and Senate if they don't get this right. That means, if people feel that pre-existing conditions are not adequately covered they will be voting people out of office who voted for the bill. It all boils down to funding and if the states are going to keep high risk pools reasonable.