Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1660

Thread: Political News and Policies

  1. #1601
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colombia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,344

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Your original post was saying politicians may be liars and/or crooks, but if people agree with their philosophy they will tolerate them being crooked.

    I disagree. If that was accurate then Hillary would have won the last election IMO. She is the definition of a politician (I truly believe if she was in NY she would be the biggest Giants fan and if she was in Washington she would be the biggest Redskins fan)

    I do agree Bernie has less baggage. Im not sure that says much, except that he has been on the big stage a smaller amount of time vice a Clinton or other big names.

    My point was if people agreed with your premise Hillary would have won. Instead IMO people were tired of the lairs and crooks and wanted something different (of course we all know how that is working out)

    So no, it doesn't prove your point.

  2. #1602
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    8,031

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your original post was saying politicians may be liars and/or crooks, but if people agree with their philosophy they will tolerate them being crooked.

    I disagree. If that was accurate then Hillary would have won the last election IMO. She is the definition of a politician (I truly believe if she was in NY she would be the biggest Giants fan and if she was in Washington she would be the biggest Redskins fan)

    I do agree Bernie has less baggage. Im not sure that says much, except that he has been on the big stage a smaller amount of time vice a Clinton or other big names.

    My point was if people agreed with your premise Hillary would have won. Instead IMO people were tired of the lairs and crooks and wanted something different (of course we all know how that is working out)

    So no, it doesn't prove your point.
    If you're saying being a lying crook prevented Clinton from winning, that would mean Ttump is not a lying crook, which of course is false. So you a very clearly proving my point. People were willing to take it.

    But also again, that wasn't even the point. I said I would take Bernie only moral issue is him being a hypocrite over all this **** that comes with most politicians.

    So what in the world are you debating here?

  3. #1603
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    8,031

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Lol at "people were tired of the liars and crooks" so they voted for Trump. Clearly you are jaded.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:


  5. #1604
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,165

    Default Re: Political News and Policies


    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  6. #1605
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,165

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Another right winger hero



    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  7. #1606
    Custom User Title Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,975
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    9/11 Truthers always intrigue me. Like why would any of that **** make sense. The government could have just blown up the building and saved two airplanes in the process...
    Edit Signature

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:


  9. #1607
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,737

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still don't see the big deal, paying $500 more a year in taxes for me instead of paying $300/$500 a month for health insurance seems like a good deal to me but then again I didn't vote from Trump so I don't know.

    You look at a state like Ohio, and Obamacare premiums are going up 20% or more next year according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

    Then you have nice old Bernie wanting to put his hand in the pockets of hard working middle class people and squeeze just a little bit more out of them by raising their taxes.

    It's no wonder all Democrats do is lose elections. Their recent policies have been a disaster and they hit your wallet book. People like Bernie dupe his followers into thinking they're going after the greedy corporations with CEO's who own mansions and yachts, but the middle class in states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan saw right through it. Republicans of course never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity by squandering the mandate they were given.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 09-11-2017 at 11:57 AM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  11. #1608
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,165

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look at a state like Ohio, and Obamacare premiums are going up 20% or more next year according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

    Then you have nice old Bernie wanting to put his hand in the pockets of hard working middle class people and squeeze just a little bit more out of them by raising their taxes.

    It's no wonder all Democrats do is lose elections. Their recent policies have been a disaster and they hit your wallet book. People like Bernie dupe his followers into thinking they're going after the greedy corporations with CEO's who own mansions and yachts, but the middle class in states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan saw right through it. Republicans of course never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity by squandering the mandate they were given.

    If you get universal healthcare you don't need Obamacare






    If anything Trumpsfters should be all over universal healthcare as that is going to help to get rid of Obamacare and we all know that was created by a muslismsocialistcommunisthitlerantichrist person and needs to be eradicated.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  13. #1609
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,165

    Default Re: Political News and Policies





    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  14. #1610
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colombia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,344

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol at "people were tired of the liars and crooks" so they voted for Trump. Clearly you are jaded.
    LOL at your delusion.

    A poll came came out two years ago asking if people would vote for Trump over Obama. Back then Trump wasn't even a nominee. Guess what the results were (hint: overwhelming yes)

    Just like if that same poll ran with Trump versus Steve Jabbersnackle Steve would win. PS. Steve Jabbersnackle doesn't exist.

    Its easier to go like the guy not running. It's even easier when they have no political history

  15. #1611
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colombia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,344

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you're saying being a lying crook prevented Clinton from winning, that would mean Ttump is not a lying crook, which of course is false. So you a very clearly proving my point. People were willing to take it.

    But also again, that wasn't even the point. I said I would take Bernie only moral issue is him being a hypocrite over all this **** that comes with most politicians.

    So what in the world are you debating here?
    You missed my point completely. But as the Washington post say "if you don't get it you don't get it".

  16. #1612
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    8,031

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL at your delusion.

    A poll came came out two years ago asking if people would vote for Trump over Obama. Back then Trump wasn't even a nominee. Guess what the results were (hint: overwhelming yes)

    Just like if that same poll ran with Trump versus Steve Jabbersnackle Steve would win. PS. Steve Jabbersnackle doesn't exist.

    Its easier to go like the guy not running. It's even easier when they have no political history
    This has nothing to do with what I said.

  17. #1613
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    8,031

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You missed my point completely. But as the Washington post say "if you don't get it you don't get it".
    Your point was based on something I said that you clearly didn't understand because Clinton losing proved what I said, people will put up with crap. I think Trump is way worse than Clinton, especially morally, but you have no idea what you're talking about if you don't think millions of people held their nose and voted for him.

  18. #1614
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colombia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,344

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This has nothing to do with what I said.
    It had nothing to do with this:

    Originally Posted by freddielewis14
    Lol at "people were tired of the liars and crooks" so they voted for Trump. Clearly you are jaded.

  19. #1615
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    8,031

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It had nothing to do with this:

    Originally Posted by freddielewis14
    Lol at "people were tired of the liars and crooks" so they voted for Trump. Clearly you are jaded.
    You literally said Clinton lost because people are tired of liars. Do you not realize who she lost to?

  20. #1616
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,165

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Another Christian conservative is going down in flames this morning, oh Ted
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  21. #1617
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,737

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another Christian conservative is going down in flames this morning, oh Ted
    It's already fallen off the top of the NYT and CNN websites, so not quite "going down in flames" lol.

  22. #1618
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,165

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's already fallen off the top of the NYT and CNN websites, so not quite "going down in flames" lol.
    My bad I forgot how hypocrite republicans are, it was probably the devil who did it...
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  23. #1619
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,165

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Just go away







    Last edited by vnzla81; 09-13-2017 at 10:58 AM.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  25. #1620
    LET'S PLAY FOOTBALL Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,949

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Jemele Hill did it now man

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  26. #1621
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,165

    Default Re: Political News and Policies


    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  27. #1622
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,165

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jemele Hill did it now man

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Weird the white house wants her fired but they don't say **** about Limbaugh, Coulter or any other right wing parasite.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  28. #1623
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,737

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just go away









    We're in 100% agreement on that. This "woe is me" tour is just downright sad. You think of all the tough Democratic and Republican primaries over the years where the winner had to scratch and claw through a tough field......yet she's complaining about a rigged primary in her favor where all she had to do was compete with Bernie Sanders. She's a former first lady and Secretary of State who was being served the nomination on a silver platter.....but she's whining about Bernie Sanders?

    She's showing her true colors. Always someone else's fault and is quick to throw people on her side under the bus. Always an excuse. Sometimes even I've wondered "how in the hell did Trump pull this off?", then Hillary starts talking again and it's so easy to see why.

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  30. #1624
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,165

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    The funny part in all this is that the more she trashes Bernie the more popular he is going to get (he is already the most popular by a lot).
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  32. #1625
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,655

    Default Re: Political News and Policies

    Trump also played her like a violin by not really giving her any respect. It was an exercise in marketing where he branded her, and she did nothing but play right into that branding narrative.
    Shrill... dishonest... low energy... bad health....
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •