Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556
Results 1,376 to 1,383 of 1383

Thread: Political News and Policies

Default Re: Political News and Policies

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trump voters consist mostly of two classes:

1) His hardcore supporters who wanted him above all else.

2) Traditional Republicans, many of whom did not want him winning the nomination, holding their nose and voting for him because they didn't want Hillary.

His hardcore supporters would fall him over the edge of a cliff, but he's getting slammed from the second category of people all over the place. Even Newt Gingrich, who was a big supporter, is sounding alarm.

I see two main problems: 1) he can't ever get out of his own way and is his own worst enemy, and 2) absolutely pathetic management of his staff with all the leaks/people who have already left, which is just completely pathetic for a president.
    The Republicans had one job to do and that was to choose a good candidate in the primary. Instead Trump won. A man who cannot control his mouth.
    Anyone else and many goals would have been accomplished already. Cruz, Rubio, anyone else. Yet here we are.
    I think he will not get the nod from the party in 2020.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    The Republicans had one job to do and that was to choose a good candidate in the primary. Instead Trump won. A man who cannot control his mouth.
    Anyone else and many goals would have been accomplished already. Cruz, Rubio, anyone else. Yet here we are.
    I think he will not get the nod from the party in 2020.
    What Trump (apparently) did was look at past Independent candidacies and decide rather than run as an independent in the main election, he'd be better off essentially running as an outsider within one of the parties. That way he got the support an Independent usually gets by being a different voice AND he ultimately got the support of people who can't seem to vote anything but a party (who either rallied around their candidate or held their noses and voted party over person).
    Meanwhile, he got another benefit: The opposition tried to paint him with the broad strokes of the brush they use generically on all GOP candidates and it mainly only worked for the choir they were preaching to. Of course the left were willing to believe these things about Trump, but they were never going to vote for him anyway. Meanwhile, the center and the right laughed it off because they weren't wholly convinced Trump was even really a Conservative Republican in the first place. Let alone a stereotypical one like the left likes to paint candidates as. In fact, his continued shaky support within the GOP has always been because they didn't see him as a Republican more than anything from the start.

It was a brilliant strategy for Trump and I'm not even sure it was all that intentional beyond simply deciding not to run as an Ind and instead running as an outsider within a party. It's hard not to make the argument someone is not an outsider when his own party is questioning his bonafides, and the left is trying to use an old playbook that isn't sticking except with the far left (where it simply doesn't matter because they were never voting for him anyway). Both things gave the center/moderates hope they weren't just electing 'another' politician.

Of course now it's turned into a huge joke... He's certainly not another politician... But there are plenty of other questions now that go along with that.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    He's certainly not another politician
    America is finding out there are worse things than politicians...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

winning ...

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He looked directly into the eclipse.

http://people.com/politics/president...e-white-house/
    #DBAP

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    He looked directly into the eclipse.

http://people.com/politics/president...e-white-house/
    Of course, the guy is a f**** child

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Of course, the guy is a f**** child

To be fair....I think that the casual viewer that didn't really know too much about the Eclipse likely did the same thing. I even did the same thing when there was a partially eclipsed sun. But it's not like I stared at it for hours or anything....I barely stared up at the Partially eclipsed sun for more than a 2 seconds.

I not saying that he set a good example or anything or anything that is considered stupid....I'm guess I'm just saying that he didn't do anything that any other casual observers likely did themselves
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.