Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1388

Thread: Political News and Policies

Sports Logo

Default Re: Political News and Policies

You guys have probably heard the idea before, Robert Fisher said the nuclear launch codes should be implanted behind a man's heart and his only job is to be next to the president at all times and to carry a butcher knife. Should the president decide nuclear launch is needed he has to cut the man's heart out. The idea is the president has to actively take an innocent life to understand the ramifications of the decision.

It's always seemed like this fantastical notion, romanticizes empathy.

I'm being serious, I don't think it would deter Trump.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Default Political News and Policies

GOP early voting suppression in Marion County

I knew about the republicans cheating like this in Marion county years ago. The star has covered this sparingly over the years though. The way it works now is that it has to be a unanimous vote to open more early voting sites in counties with more than 325,000 people. So cities like Carmel can have several early voting sites while Indy only gets one. It's blatant way to lower voter turn out in urban counties. I'm surprise they are just getting around to filing lawsuits over this. It's been going since before 2012 election. In fact it's the only reason Obama lost Indiana in 2012 election. It will be the reason Joe Donnelly loses his senate seat next year.

It's very unconstitutional, Indiana GOP making sure Indiana will never be able to flip from red to blue again.

http://amp.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...fter_2008.html

Here is the recent Indystar article
    http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2...lls/435450001/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by graphic-er; 08-10-2017 at 11:27 PM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

The least surprising thing in the world is the Trump White House's silence while a white nationalist rally causes chaos in Virginia.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How does this happen in 2017 (on either side). I dont know the answer, but there has to be better systems in place in 2017....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-for-dems.html

College student gets 100 days in slammer for registering dead voters for Dems

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does this happen in 2017 (on either side).
    A few things:

First, the FOX News story cites EAGNews.org in the story. Education Action Group Foundation is an org dedicated to promoting school "choice" (vouchers). Not exactly a reliable and non-partisan primary news source.

Secondly, as a former Virginia resident, you should be aware that the state does not register by party (meaning they weren't registered "for Dems").

Fairfax County Voter Registration FAQ
    How do I indicate my political party affliation on my voter registration?
    Virginia does not register voters by party.
    Arlington County Register to Vote
    Register for a Political Party
    Virginia is an Open Primary state which means that any registered voter in Virginia can vote in either the Democratic or Republican primary. You cannot register by party. When both parties are holding a Primary, you will be asked which primary you want to vote in when you check in with your photo ID.
    Finally, the fact that even in the run-up to the 2016 election this bozo was caught (and the woman in Iowa, the election judge in Illinois, and others covered in this WaPo article) means the system is working to prevent registration fraud and voter fraud.
    This is the darkest timeline.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    The least surprising thing in the world is the Trump White House's silence while a white nationalist rally causes chaos in Virginia.
    A car just plowed through the crowd...

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    A car just plowed through the crowd...

Yup, I wrote that when this was "just" brawling. Unfortunately, got worse.

And Trump gave a terrible statement that was rolled into another event (which he should have delayed to give a specific statement here), in which he boasted about the economy and blamed "both sides".

I don't know what to say anymore.

They are dressing like their leader

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/896484865184587776

Welcome to Trump's America. Trump blames "both sides". We have a vile and pathetic President. I said all during campaign season that if Trump were elected, he would set this country back 50 years. Looks like he is right on schedule. GOP going to own every bit of this in Nov. 2018. If you voted Trump or still support Trump, you own part of this as well.

Who is the real threat in America? Muslims and Mexicans or White racist people? The answer is becoming more and more clear.
    Last edited by presto123; 08-12-2017 at 10:39 PM.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

in the last couple months we've had a gunman open fire on congressmen and women and now this. we're broken. political discourse is broken. we are no longer a civilized society. the American ideal is broken, one of Trump's goons pulled a "well, actually" on bring us your poor, your huddled masses a couple days ago.

this is going to get worse before it gets better, if it gets better. I'm terrified of what's going to happen if Trump really gets impeached.

meanwhile, hey, let's start a nuclear war with North Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    in the last couple months we've had a gunman open fire on congressmen and women and now this. we're broken. political discourse is broken. we are no longer a civilized society. the American ideal is broken, one of Trump's goons pulled a "well, actually" on bring us your poor, your huddled masses a couple days ago.

this is going to get worse before it gets better, if it gets better. I'm terrified of what's going to happen if Trump really gets impeached.

meanwhile, hey, let's start a nuclear war with North Korea.
    The scariest part in all this is that we haven't had a terrorist attack for this clown to have an excuse to take our rights away but we know that is coming.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    The scariest part in all this is that we haven't had a terrorist attack for this clown to have an excuse to take our rights away but we know that is coming.
    Yes we have. It happened yesterday.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

I've been in the fence about the whole white privilege thing, main because I don't feel like I've ever received any real breaks in life because I'm white. Especially when it comes to the police.

But after seeing that **** yesterday with mobs of people wearing full on riot gear, helmets, body shields, bats and metal batons, pepper spray guns....and the national guard didn't show up with water cannons or tear gas. At least in coverage I seen vs. what we have seen over the past 2 years with urban protests. If it were blacks they would have gone full on martial law and start beating the **** out of every one. Rubber bullets, bean bags, etc....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Yes we have. It happened yesterday.
    True but the guy was white so it was OK for the orange clown, I mean if a non white guy does something similar or let's say a Muslim does it, **** could go down so fast.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    True but the guy was white so it was OK for the orange clown, I mean if a non white guy does something similar or let's say a Muslim does it, **** could go down so fast.
    No. It was a terrorist act. I don't care what President Trump calls it, everyone else needs to call it what it was: a terrorist act. And call Unite The Right a terrorist organization. Hell, even some Republicans are calling it that.

I don't care if the person was white, black, Muslim, Asian, whatever, driving a car into a crowd with malicious intent is a terrorist act.
    #DBAP

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    No. It was a terrorist act. I don't care what President Trump calls it, everyone else needs to call it what it was: a terrorist act. And call Unite The Right a terrorist organization. Hell, even some Republicans are calling it that.

I don't care if the person was white, black, Muslim, Asian, whatever, driving a car into a crowd with malicious intent is a terrorist act.
    I agree but that is not how a lot of people see it.

Today's statement no different than when Trump was forced to try and clean up after the "bus tapes". People around him advised him to do it. Until Trump fires the nazis within his administration, it is all talk. Smoke and mirrors.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Amazing

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Trump apologists are suddenly like crickets in this thread. This is more than mere politics at this point as cliche as that may sound. This is now good vs evil. The negative/underbelly side of America is being exposed. If you still support Trump at this point, you will be on the wrong side of history.