Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NBA TRADE DEADLINE RUMORS/TRADES

Default Re: 2017 NBA TRADE DEADLINE RUMORS/TRADES

10 mio a year for 3 years??
    he's been out of shape for 60% of the season, he is way overpaid
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    10 mio a year for 3 years??
    he's been out of shape for 60% of the season, he is way overpaid
    Funny, I first read your line as, "60% out of shape for the season." I'm not sure which is worse!

I maintain that the value of having Al is a timing issue. If we were a near-contender, Al would be a great value-add for critical, short-burst minutes as well as serving as a mentor to Myles. We're not, though, which makes us look like we're using a Hummer as a daily driver.
    Last edited by DrFife; 02-16-2017 at 10:18 AM.

"I think if he is and we pass on Leaf we'd be some dumb mother ****ers."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

I guess I thought we would use Turner as the 4 to team with Al and the 2nd unit. That would have given Myles a chance to work as the main rim protector and use his outside shooting to clear space in the paint. If we brought AJeff here to mentor Myles, couldn't we have hired a big man Coach for a little less money to work with all our bigs?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Al needs a really crazy, rangey athlete next to him to survive I think. Or someone who can really space the floor. Seraphin and Lavoy don't give you that. Tough to find lineups Al fits in.
    Since it will be near impossible to find someone that can complement AlJeff on both sides of the court, then just find someone hat can complement him ok one side of the court but won't hurt u on the other end. My preference is to find a Player to complement him on the defensive end and just surround him with Players capable of hitting an occassilnal 3 pt shot. We have enough offensive options that require the ball in their hands, not enouh role players to defend.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Al needs a really crazy, rangey athlete next to him to survive I think.
    You can say that about anyone.

Myles needs a really crazy, rangey athlete next to him to survive I think.

Duncan needs a really crazy, rangey athlete next to him to survive I think.

Shaq needs a really crazy, rangey athlete next to him to survive I think.

Rik Smits needs a really crazy, rangey athlete next to him to survive I think.

It's like saying eggs need thick hickory smoke bacon next to it to be a decent breakfast. Anything is breakfast with bacon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    +/- isn't the end all be all, but he's currently a -6.2 on the year.
    He's also 4th on the team in defensive rating.

I don't think Al has been bad. He's having a good season offensively, and that's why we brought him here, bench scoring.

The team only has one power forward, that's the problem. After Thad, who is the other PF? Lavoy and Seraphin are centers.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post

I don't think Al has been bad. He's having a good season offensively, and that's why we brought him here, bench scoring.

The team only has one power forward, that's the problem. After Thad, who is the other PF? Lavoy and Seraphin are centers.
    LaVoy is definitely an old fashion PF. When he plays the 5, it has been nothing but ugly. Christmas is also an old fashion PF, whereas Thad and Niang are stretch 4s. So we really have 4-PFs on the team and 3-Cs. The team truly only has 1-SF in Paul. GR3 and CJ are SGs filling in

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jrwannabe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post
    LaVoy is definitely an old fashion PF. When he plays the 5, it has been nothing but ugly. Christmas is also an old fashion PF, whereas Thad and Niang are stretch 4s. So we really have 4-PFs on the team and 3-Cs. The team truly only has 1-SF in Paul. GR3 and CJ are SGs filling in
    Ha, I guess I meant we only have one playable PF. Niang and Christmas are not options and spend most their time in the D League. And while Lavoy is an old fashioned PF, it's 2017.

So we really only have one current NBA PF on the regular roster.

Ha, I guess I meant we only have one playable PF. Niang and Christmas are not options and spend most their time in the D League. And while Lavoy is an old fashioned PF, it's 2017.

So we really only have one current NBA PF on the regular roster.
    It's all about match-ups. If we are getting killed in the post, you play LaVoy. If they are stretching, you play Thad. And I wouldn't rule out Niang in certain situations. I'd play him against Love, Fyre, and Williams or the Ryan Andersons/Mike Scotts of the league. Biggest thing I noticed last night when he was on the court is, he is so use to playing zone defense that he automatically goes back to that and loses his man.

It'd be nice to find a hybrid PF (i.e. McBob style) to have as a third. But I also think the coach needs to do a better job with match ups. Turner isn't big enough that we can force a team to match up with us by throwing in a stretch 4. So we should match the other team.

We've already discussed how misleading defensive rating can be. This is a prime example.

Sure Al can get baskets in the second qtr against smaller second units. But where's his scoring down the stretch of games when the Pacers need a basket? On the bench.

A better PF on the bench doesn't fully absolve Al's lack of defense and rebounding. And even if it did, the team shouldn't be paying a guy 10mil per who has to have a certain kind of guy next to him in order to fully be effective

It's all about match-ups. If we are getting killed in the post, you play LaVoy. If they are stretching, you play Thad. And I wouldn't rule out Niang in certain situations. I'd play him against Love, Fyre, and Williams or the Ryan Andersons/Mike Scotts of the league. Biggest thing I noticed last night when he was on the court is, he is so use to playing zone defense that he automatically goes back to that and loses his man.

It'd be nice to find a hybrid PF (i.e. McBob style) to have as a third. But I also think the coach needs to do a better job with match ups. Turner isn't big enough that we can force a team to match up with us by throwing in a stretch 4. So we should match the other team.
    Sorry, not trying to be rude, but matchups have nothing to do with it. Niang isn't an NBA player yet (may not ever be) and Lavoy is not even a consistent quality NBA backup PF for any team. He's a 3rd string center, minutes at 4 in a pinch. Seraphin is slightly better than Lavoy, but he is playing out of position.

Really, CJ Miles would be the best backup PF on the team, but it would kill him if we did that all season and he's having a fantastic year playing the correct position.

Like I said, we have one player that is an NBA PF, Thad.

We've already discussed how misleading defensive rating can be. This is a prime example.

Sure Al can get baskets in the second qtr against smaller second units. But where's his scoring down the stretch of games when the Pacers need a basket? On the bench.

A better PF on the bench doesn't fully absolve Al's lack of defense and rebounding. And even if it did, the team shouldn't be paying a guy 10mil per who has to have a certain kind of guy next to him in order to fully be effective
    How much should have Al got in the offseason? 10 mill seems fair. He is doing exactly what he is asked and hasn't fallen off in the slightest. Fourth best fg% of his career.

And I didn't say he needs a specific player, I said he needs a PF. I don't think its too much to ask to have Al play with a power forward. That's Bird's mistake not Al.

Al needs a really crazy, rangey athlete next to him to survive I think. Or someone who can really space the floor. Seraphin and Lavoy don't give you that. Tough to find lineups Al fits in.
    Al needs to get his fat *** in shape so he can play more than 15mpg. Then he needs to at least pretend to play defense

How much should have Al got in the offseason? 10 mill seems fair. He is doing exactly what he is asked and hasn't fallen off in the slightest. Fourth best fg% of his career.

And I didn't say he needs a specific player, I said he needs a PF. I don't think its too much to ask to have Al play with a power forward. That's Bird's mistake not Al.
    For a one dimensional big that can only play 15 minutes? I honestly would have to do some research to say.

But if the idea was the use Al as an Enes Kanter type I don't think he's producing enough to be deemed a "successful" signing.

He's certainly not helping the team win more games.

For a one dimensional big that can only play 15 minutes? I honestly would have to do some research to say.

But if the idea was the use Al as an Enes Kanter type I don't think he's producing enough to be deemed a "successful" signing.

He's certainly not helping the team win more games.
    It isn't like he's not capable of playing more minutes. You can only play 2 center bench lineup so many minutes.

I mean, what more we want from him? He wasn't signed for defensive and the defense doesn't fall off a cliff with him in the game. He's done his job scoring.

Al Jefferson simply isn't whats wrong with the bench. No PF and inconsistent 3 point shooters surrounding him is whats wrong.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

It isn't like he's not capable of playing more minutes. You can only play 2 center bench lineup so many minutes.

I mean, what more we want from him? He wasn't signed for defensive and the defense doesn't fall off a cliff with him in the game. He's done his job scoring.

Al Jefferson simply isn't whats wrong with the bench. No PF and inconsistent 3 point shooters surrounding him is whats wrong.
    The lineup that Jefferson has played in the most is with Teague, Paul, CJ, and Thad.

The lineup that he's been in the 3rd most has been with Brooks, CJ, Glenn and Stuckey.

My point is that if he's going to be paid like a 6th man, then he should be making more of a difference on the floor. Could he have better fits around him? Sure. But you're not worried about fit with a bench guy. Especially if he can't play big minutes

Probably shouldn't bombard this thread for trades with talk about big Al.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

The lineup that Jefferson has played in the most is with Teague, Paul, CJ, and Thad.
    Lol, that is 47 minutes of his 820 minutes this season. He is primarily the backup center.

The lineup that he's been in the 3rd most has been with Brooks, CJ, Glenn and Stuckey.

My point is that if he's going to be paid like a 6th man, then he should be making more of a difference on the floor. Could he have better fits around him? Sure. But you're not worried about fit with a bench guy. Especially if he can't play big minutes
    Again, I'm not asking for the perfect fit, just something reasonable, like not playing a slow old school low post center with a slow center at PF.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Probably shouldn't bombard this thread for trades with talk about big Al.
    Yea, agree to disagree.

Long story short, I would try to get Taj but not give up a 1st.

Sorry, not trying to be rude, but matchups have nothing to do with it. Niang isn't an NBA player yet (may not ever be) and Lavoy is not even a consistent quality NBA backup PF for any team. He's a 3rd string center, minutes at 4 in a pinch. Seraphin is slightly better than Lavoy, but he is playing out of position.

Really, CJ Miles would be the best backup PF on the team, but it would kill him if we did that all season and he's having a fantastic year playing the correct position.

Like I said, we have one player that is an NBA PF, Thad.
    Why would match ups not have anything to do with it? If Taj is killing us in the post, I'd rather have LaVoy in the game over Thad. But if Taj is struggling, have Thad in and make him guard the 3 point line. I have no problem playing PG or CJ at the 4 if it's against a Love or Anderson type player, but having all stretch 4 players on the team will get you killed playing against Draymond Green or a Blake Griffin. A traditional PF type like Allen is not a bad thing to have on your team (especially at his salary, since the game is mainly moving away from the traditional PF you don't want to spend a lot of money). Allen is a PF, not a C. He's like the same height as PG, he just has a wider body.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrwannabe For This Useful Post:

Why would match ups not have anything to do with it? If Taj is killing us in the post, I'd rather have LaVoy in the game over Thad. But if Taj is struggling, have Thad in and make him guard the 3 point line. I have no problem playing PG or CJ at the 4 if it's against a Love or Anderson type player, but having all stretch 4 players on the team will get you killed playing against Draymond Green or a Blake Griffin. A traditional PF type like Allen is not a bad thing to have on your team (especially at his salary, since the game is mainly moving away from the traditional PF you don't want to spend a lot of money). Allen is a PF, not a C. He's like the same height as PG, he just has a wider body.
    Not what I meant, I was say matchup doesn't change the fact that Thad is our only real PF.

We just disagree on Lavoy. He was better for us last year as a center getting rebounds and setting screens next to Myles.

So um, Derrick Rose is supposedly available. Anyone interested? I really am not personally. He's one injury away from doom. But want to see what you guys think. This also leads to a bigger topic. If the Knicks blow it up who would you want outside of Melo or Porzingis? I might have interest in Justin Holiday.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    So um, Derrick Rose is supposedly available. Anyone interested? I really am not personally. He's one injury away from doom. But want to see what you guys think. This also leads to a bigger topic. If the Knicks blow it up who would you want outside of Melo or Porzingis? I might have interest in Justin Holiday.
    We're offering a Near MAX or ( likely ) MAX contract offer to Teague as our future Starting PG. DRose is injury prone and ( before you say it ) NO he will not be coming off the bench for the amount of $$$ he is owed.

Aim lower.....we're likely to hit some of the quality lower hanging fruit that would fit around Teague, Myles and ( if he's still here ) PG13 via trade or Free Agency.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

sav

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Lance Thomas would be interesting. He is a good 3 point shooter, decent defender and can play the 3 or 4.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

I guess Reggie's value is **** if that is what they are getting for him

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post: