Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NBA TRADE DEADLINE RUMORS/TRADES

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2017 NBA TRADE DEADLINE RUMORS/TRADES

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm still hoping for Melo, Pacers get that guy and they have a chance Vs Cleveland
    I think we have more of a chance vs. Cleveland with our current roster than we do of landing Melo in any trade scenario that keeps us competitive.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Masai doing work.
    4 years as a GM, and Henny still does not know how to play this game. As Bird likes to say, teams always save their best offers for the deadline. That's just how it works. Ibaka is a significantly better player than Gibson. Seems like Hennigan got bluffed pretty good.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm hindsight, maybe Cleveland should have traded Love when they had the chance. They're in some serious trouble if they can't find another capable body. What a shame. They were the only team that could even compete with GS.

As for the Pacers, there's not an obvious move to be made that would place them into contender status. They don't have much to trade outside of a mid first round pick.

If a team is really wanting to get rid of someone it may help, but the Pacers are at least a year away from being a true contender. May as well take a lump this year, play in the first round and come back next year looking to make some noise.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Donnie Walsh thinking

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I'm hindsight, maybe Cleveland should have traded Love when they had the chance. They're in some serious trouble if they can't find another capable body. What a shame. They were the only team that could even compete with GS.

As for the Pacers, there's not an obvious move to be made that would place them into contender status. They don't have much to trade outside of a mid first round pick.

If a team is really wanting to get rid of someone it may help, but the Pacers are at least a year away from being a true contender. May as well take a lump this year, play in the first round and come back next year looking to make some noise.
    I think the Knicks would STILL take Kevin Love right now for Melo...now it's a bit more interesting if Cleveland wants to do it, Knicks aren't contending this year anyway so doubt they care too much about Love's health atm.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    I think the Knicks would STILL take Kevin Love right now for Melo...now it's a bit more interesting if Cleveland wants to do it, Knicks aren't contending this year anyway so doubt they care too much about Love's health atm.
    Lol...I was just thinking the same thing. Phil acts like he wants to get rid of Melo bad.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

A lot of good info here, pacers willing to trade anybody but PG

http://hoopshype.com/2017/02/14/nba-...rade-deadline/

Wait it out. Pretty clear the Bulls are going nowhere, they are shopping half their team, and Butler is 27. He's not going to want to stick around for a rebuild. Whatever a "godfather" offer is, they'll end up accepting Fredo.

Odd. Yet scary at the same time.

Sports Logo

Calling BS. It would have to be one hell of a deal for Indiana to trade Teague or Turner.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Hopefully that doesn't mean Myles Turner is available couldn't see that working out to well

Don't trade Turner for anyone

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BornIndy07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Well Larry has to go for it between now and the Summer. Paul would just ask for a trade if he doesn't see the FO doing anything.
    If Larry does anything he must leave enough cap space to pay Paul the super max and still pay Teague a near max deal. That leaves almost no room to take on additional long term salary so it makes it pretty tough to do anything unless we send out Ellis, Jefferson or Stuckey in the process.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

Wished there was a way to get robin Lopez and Lou Williams but I know
    We don't have the assets

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    If Larry does anything he must leave enough cap space to pay Paul the super max and still pay Teague a near max deal. That leaves almost no room to take on additional long term salary so it makes it pretty tough to do anything unless we send out Ellis, Jefferson or Stuckey in the process.
    You can find a taker for all 3. Does that taker have what we need is the question.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

No way Larry trades Turner, too talented and cheap as well. I think Teague is more of a question of being traded along with Thad, CJ and Monta (if someone is crazy enough to want him). Nothing else on the team should really have any value at all besides picks and I'd rather keep/get a pick than trade one out.

Also I think executives will say teams will do just about anything just to see how teams react to it, so I don't buy a lot of it.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Larry has always been a win now guy. But if he doesn't like this teams current chances, trading Thad or Teague wouldn't be the worst thing as long as they got a good young player (plus a pick in Jeff's case).

However given Larry's track record and Paul's pending FA, I'd think the Pacers would like to be buyers. Only thing is they have nothing of value to part with.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-2016-deadline

"A Western Conference executive told HoopsHype's Alex Kennedy the Indiana Pacers are open to unloading Al Jefferson, whom they signed to a three-year, $30 million deal over the summer.

In limited work as a backup 5, Jefferson continues to do what he's always done best: score. He's pumping in more than 21 points per 36 minutes on 50.8 point shooting without compromising his typically solid assist rate.

Jefferson's availability has more to do with the state of the Pacers' bench than anything else. Their second-stringers are posting a bottom-six net rating for the season and haven't improved enough since the turn of the calendar (17th) to prevent team president Larry Bird from scouring the market for depth.

Process of elimination leaves Jefferson as the best-guess scapegoat.

His $10.2 million salary allows Indiana to take back a good amount of money in return, and the final year of his contract isn't guaranteed. Most importantly: Bird won't have to tether as many gravy assets to his services as he would for Monta Ellis or Rodney Stuckey.

Next Most Likely: Rodney Stuckey"

Reading this it seems any sizeable trade would pretty much have to involve Al in it.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Some clarity given.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Getting value for Al would be huge imo. Or Stuck/Monta. I don't really see teams that should want them though, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Love's back bothers me more than the knee long-term. Not sure who Phil would use as a scapegoat with Carmelo gone.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Trading Turner would be beyond stupid unless you're getting a Top 10 player back. Yeah, I said it.

Also, the Ibaka trade was god awful. Why did the Magic acquire both Biyombo and Ibaka, when the team already had Gordon and Vucevic as well and trade Oladipo for a 1-year rental?

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

As for 'trading everyone except Paul George', I could see it. This Pacers team is pretty average right now and with the exception of Turner and Teague, I don't think I'd be too upset about losing anyone.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Pass on Butler. Something about his personality i don't like.

I'm content doing nothing to be honest