Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1866

Thread: 2017 NBA TRADE DEADLINE RUMORS/TRADES

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2017 NBA TRADE DEADLINE RUMORS/TRADES

I ran through some rebounding numbers between Big Al, Lopez, Okafor, and Turner. Turner and Lopez have nearly the exact same contested defensive rebounding percentage at 33.4% and 33.3%, respectively, which would rank an impressive 5th and 6th among the 70 qualified centers (mpg>15 , GP>20). Big Al is ranked 17th at 29% while Okafor is 37th at 26.5%.

Here's where things start to get discouraging and reflect what we've all seen this season. Myles Turner ranks 64th out of 70 players in adjusted defensive chances rebounding percentage at 66.6% while Big Al is at 72.4% which is ranked 29th. Lopez doesn't rank much higher at 60th as he is posting 68.4%. Okafor bottoms out the group at 64.9% and ranks 66th out of 70.

What this shows is that Myles and Lopez have the ability to grab tough rebounds but they don't consistently go after the ball. In fact Myles also has a noticeably high number of deferred rebounds. While looking through just the team rebounding stats for the Pacers (http://on.nba.com/2lm0xhH) I noticed that Thad Young's average rebounding distance was 6.2 feet away from the basket which is a farther distance from even Paul George. So what we have is a young player in Turner who isn't nasty enough yet to consistently haul in rebounds although the potential is clearly there and a starting PF who is the same way.

The Pacers essentially have been playing 2 stretch bigs with similar games. Lopez would be another redundant player and Okafor is essentially a Big Al clone with worse rebounding numbers (though it my be a product of playing with Embiid at times who is a great rebounder). The Pacers severely need an athletic 4 with a great nose for the ball. The only player rumored to be available is Faried but trading a 1st round pick for him is risky as he's been inconsistent as well. I still really like Joel Bolomboy of the Jazz and think he'd be perfect for the role. If the Jazz would do it, I'd easily trade Big Al for Joel as they could use an established backup center.
    Last edited by Pacersalltheway10; 02-22-2017 at 01:26 AM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trade our #1 for Jahlil Okafor & then get a better 1st in a PG deal. We could rebuild overnight.

Incarcerated Bob does have inside info at times though. He called KD to Warriors in June & Aldridge to San Antonio a week before it happened. 2 examples
    In theory, yeah. But what doesn't add up, is if we trade PG, we will surely fall and that pick that is around 15-16 will be a top 10 pick. If theyre going to trade PG, i'd wait and see where our pick ends up by end of the season before ever considering moving it.
    Impossible is nothing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Turn33r For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    I ran through some rebounding numbers between Turner, Big Al, Lopez, Okafor, and Turner. Turner and Lopez have nearly the exact same contested defensive rebounding percentage at 33.4% and 33.3%, respectively, which would rank an impressive 5th and 6th among the 70 qualified centers (mpg>15 , GP>20). Big Al is ranked 17th at 29% while Okafor is 37th at 26.5%.

Here's where things start to get discouraging and reflect what we've all seen this season. Myles Turner ranks 64th out of 70 players in adjusted defensive chances rebounding percentage at 66.6% while Big Al is at 72.4% which is ranked 29th. Lopez doesn't rank much higher at 60th as he is posting 68.4%. Okafor bottoms out the group at 64.9% and ranks 66th out of 70.

What this shows is that Myles and Lopez have the ability to grab tough rebounds but they don't consistently go after the ball. In fact Myles also has a noticeably high number of deferred rebounds. While looking through just the team rebounding stats for the Pacers (http://on.nba.com/2lm0xhH) I noticed that Thad Young's average rebounding distance was 6.2 feet away from the basket which is a farther distance from even Paul George. So what we have is a young player in Turner who isn't nasty enough yet to consistently haul in rebounds although the potential is clearly there and a starting PF who is the same way.

The Pacers essentially have been playing 2 stretch bigs with similar games. Lopez would be another redundant player and Okafor is essentially a Big Al clone with worse rebounding numbers (though it my be a product of playing with Embiid at times who is a great rebounder). The Pacers severely need an athletic 4 with a great nose for the ball. The only player rumored to be available is Faried but trading a 1st round pick for him is risky as he's been inconsistent as well. I still really like Joel Bolomboy of the Jazz and think he'd be perfect for the role. If the Jazz would do it, I'd easily trade Big Al for Joel as they could use an established backup center.
    Remember when we had those long discussions about Vogel directing Hibbert to block out the opposing Team's Center so that the rest of the Team can pull down rebounds?

Do you think that these rebounding #s that you have pulled are a result of the Player?

or

Is it a byproduct of the System and what Nate wants our Players to do?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Mood

If Bird absolutely wants to trade PG right now, I really hope it's only with the Celtics. The Lakers don't have much that would interest me besides Ingram and unlike the Celtics' prized pick, they actually have control of where they end up in the standings.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

I ran through some rebounding numbers between Turner, Big Al, Lopez, Okafor, and Turner. Turner and Lopez have nearly the exact same contested defensive rebounding percentage at 33.4% and 33.3%, respectively, which would rank an impressive 5th and 6th among the 70 qualified centers (mpg>15 , GP>20). Big Al is ranked 17th at 29% while Okafor is 37th at 26.5%.

Larry certainly has a type...

This is good stuff btw.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Remember when we had those long discussions about Vogel directing Hibbert to block out the opposing Team's Center so that the rest of the Team can pull down rebounds?

Do you think that these rebounding #s that you have pulled are a result of the Player?

or

Is it a byproduct of the System and what Nate wants our Players to do?
    Admittedly I haven't kept that close of an eye on the rebounding strategy this season but I do notice that Turner tries hard to box out however sometimes he's just not strong enough to contain some big men.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

If Bird absolutely wants to trade PG right now, I really hope it's only with the Celtics. The Lakers don't have much that would interest me besides Ingram and unlike the Celtics' prized pick, they actually have control of where they end up in the standings.
    Same. If there's a deal with Boston, i can only assume Brown, Smart and Nets 1st round pick are coming back, which essentially gives us three starters for one. The way Marcus Smart plays would almost bring us back to the "Blue collar, Gold swagger" days.

The Lakers deal is scary because if they draft top-3 the pick goes to the Sixers.
    Impossible is nothing.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bob, is a poster on lakersground.net a fan forum
    Last edited by diamonddave00; 02-22-2017 at 01:00 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Turn33r View Post
    Same. If there's a deal with Boston, i can only assume Brown, Smart and Nets 1st round pick are coming back, which essentially gives us three starters for one. The way Marcus Smart plays would almost bring us back to the "Blue collar, Gold swagger" days.

The Lakers deal is scary because if they draft top-3 the pick goes to the Sixers.
    JMHO....but I'd prefer Avery over Marcus. Both are solid defenders, but I think that Avery is a better scorer and rebounder for a Guard.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Lurker of the Year Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

I'm starting to like the idea of a straight up Thad Young for Derrick Favors trade.

Favors could be the perfect physical defensive PF to pair with Myles the stretch 5. Gobert and Favors are somewhat redundant and don't share the floor well, Thad would provide a great boost of offensive versatility into their lineup and Gobert is much more capable of holding down the paint on his own unlike Myles.

Similar contracts and production, the only worry would be Favors injury history, which is why I don't believe you need to sweeten this deal with a pick at all.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

LeBron for Rakeem Christmas
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Per ESPN.com -

Indiana seems to be one of the more active teams right now as they try to get Paul George some help. One name Jeff Goodman, Chris Haynes and I have all heard they're pursuing: Jahlil Okafor.

Ramona Shelburne, ESPN Senior Writer

Don't know if that was already posted earlier.
    She seems to be the "source" for all the talk about that. I have no idea if she has any reliability at all, but all the talk seems to lead back to her blurb about it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Article on PG, quotes from Woj last night on NBATV. Looks like Pacers are buyers at deadline to improve roster for PG and this summer they'll decide on PG. I'm cool with that...hope Nets #1 somehow becomes the 4th pick in the draft

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/inde...rs_20_236.html

22. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

sav

Article on PG, quotes from Woj last night on NBATV. Looks like Pacers are buyers at deadline to improve roster for PG and this summer they'll decide on PG. I'm cool with that...hope Nets #1 somehow becomes the 4th pick in the draft

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/inde...rs_20_236.html
    That's the logical move...in my opinion.

I read this and it makes me want to get a rebounding big like Kenneth Faried. Then you'd have two mobile bigs who can run the floor and you just play fast. Maybe try to move spare parts for another shooter to play the 2.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

From value vs. cost (assets & salary) perspective I like Okafor for next year's #1 a lot more than bringing in B. Lopez. Still think the fit is even less workable than Thad Young........ If it happens Bird absolutely has to find a way to leverage those two pieces into something that elevates the core (PG, Miles & Teague) by next year's trade deadline or there is a large risk PG walks.

Seeing a tweet that says PG might be traded is actually scarier than I thought. Keep him

Sports Logo

Faried or Favors would be nice.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    Seeing a tweet that says PG might be traded is actually scarier than I thought. Keep him
    Pacers want to keep him. If you think a trade is scary what would you think about a tweet that says Paul George signs with LA in summer '18?

I don't see Bird trading PG13 at all this off season, but I see no possible way he would be traded to Boston. whom we play 4? times a year. You just don't trade a player like Paul to a team that gets to use him against you. The Lakers, or Clippers seem to me to be the best trade partner for a PG trade. Lakers need a name Star to build around and have probably the best group of youngs to interest LB.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

sav

Sports Logo

I was just thinking about the Okafor trade.

It might be the BEST trade this year for NEXT season. Think about it. Let's say Bird "punts" this season, and I obviously don't mean tanking. For the most part, I honestly don't believe there's a trade that will help Indiana to overcome the current Top 4 teams. First, Okafor is probably going to be better than what we could get for our the first round pick. Second, he's on a rookie contract. Third, he was a solid player before the emergence of The Process.

From my experience of watching years of basketball, the playoffs "forges" some players. We get Okafor, and Indiana throws him AND GR3 to the fire in the playoffs. I believe the taste of being part of playoff basketball will make them better players for next season.

Then come next season, you have a battle tested Okafor and GR3 (who's only making $1M), and a core that has played an entire season with each other.

For the money and future, this trade is starting to grow on me. If Paul George walks next seaon, then you still have a very young core (and cheap) to build with that will hit their primes AFTER Lebron exits his.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

This is ridiculous

Jimmy Butler trade to Celtics hinges on Jae Crowder, according to report

“I think, the main sticking point there is that (Ainge) just does not want to give up Jae Crowder in a deal, and that's the guy that Chicago's insisting on right now in any package for Jimmy Butler,” Aldridge said on NBATV. “Chicago, I think rightly, are saying 'You want our best player, we're not just going to do it for picks. We're not just going to take guys that you're not gonna keep on your roster. we want a guy that's going to be able to grow with us along with high picks.”

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/2/2...cs-jae-crowder
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-22-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Zzz zzzz zz zzz

38. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Mood

Zzz zzzz zz zzz
    Right? Too quiet this morning. Phone lines must be on fire with talks around the league, and no one is leaking anything. At this point, any news from around the league would be exciting, Pacers or not.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    I was just thinking about the Okafor trade.

It might be the BEST trade this year for NEXT season. Think about it. Let's say Bird "punts" this season, and I obviously don't mean tanking. For the most part, I honestly don't believe there's a trade that will help Indiana to overcome the current Top 4 teams. First, Okafor is probably going to be better than what we could get for our the first round pick. Second, he's on a rookie contract. Third, he was a solid player before the emergence of The Process.

From my experience of watching years of basketball, the playoffs "forges" some players. We get Okafor, and Indiana throws him AND GR3 to the fire in the playoffs. I believe the taste of being part of playoff basketball will make them better players for next season.

Then come next season, you have a battle tested Okafor and GR3 (who's only making $1M), and a core that has played an entire season with each other.

For the money and future, this trade is starting to grow on me. If Paul George walks next seaon, then you still have a very young core (and cheap) to build with that will hit their primes AFTER Lebron exits his.
    The problem I see with getting Okafor is, how well we do covering stretch 4's. If we can come up with a scheme where we can play Turner and Okafor together and still adequately cover stretch 4's, then it will be a good deal.

Maybe we need to study San Antonio's defense. Gasol and Aldridge aren't exactly mobile bigs and they have had success.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sav For This Useful Post: