The hell are the chiefs doing, he's the only legit wr they have

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Yeah he's the only one that catches TDs

Sports Logo

Default Re: 2017 Non-Colts Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah he's the only one that catches TDs
    seems like they're pretty much gonna start a rebuild. but just straight up dump Maclin, and in June? that's dumb.

Maclin is a great pick up for anyone. He was a legit victim of a overly cautious quarterback. He would be great on the Colts, but i doubt we get him. Who knows. I'm hoping we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    Maclin is a great pick up for anyone. He was a legit victim of a overly cautious quarterback. He would be great on the Colts, but i doubt we get him. Who knows. I'm hoping we do.
    Well, Ballard with the KC connection???
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...k-to-mnf-open/

ESPN bringing Hank Williams Jr. back to MNF open

At a time when some are criticizing ESPN for being too political (though that’s largely just a euphemism for letting non-white people and women talk), they’re bring back a guy whose political commentary cost him a gig in the first place.

According to Cindy Watts of USA Today, the network is bringing former country star Hank Williams Jr. back to their Monday Night Football broadcast.

It’s been six years since they parted ways with him, after Williams called then-Republican House Speaker John Boehner playing golf with then-President Barack Obama “one of the biggest political mistakes ever.”

“It would be like Hitler playing golf with [Israeli leader] Benjamin Netanyahu,” he then explained on Fox News’ Fox & Friends. He also referred to Obama and then-Vice President Joe Biden as “the enemy.”

(Note to aspiring writers, artists and public speakers: If you’re ever thinking about making the Hitler reference, don’t. No, really. Just don’t. Ever. No, seriously. It never works out for you. Never. You’re welcome.)

But ESPN figures enough time has passed (and the political climate has changed) such that Williams and his rowdy friends should be more welcome now.

“I’m sure there’ll be some [backlash], but I’m not concerned,”said Stephanie Druley, ESPN’s senior vice president of events and studio production. “It was the right time. We discussed it internally and it was just the right time to bring him back.”

Of course, it comes at a time when the network is laying off long-time NFL talent, losing reporters such as John Clayton and Ed Werder (among many others), which may make some wonder if they’re ready for some football or not.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ville-scuffle/

Rex, Rob Ryan in a minor Nashville scuffle

Posted by Mike Florio on June 5, 2017, 6:01 AM EDT

Getty Images
    Among the many Nashville Predators bandwagon fans are former NFL coaches Rex and Rob Ryan, who were smashing the Penguins car on Saturday night while wearing very large yellow hockey jerseys.

They also did a little smashing the next day.

A Twitter account in the name of Cooper Stefaniak posted a pair of videos that show the Ryan twins in a scuffle at a Nashville establishment, apparently on Sunday. The first begins with Rex engaged in some sort of physical altercation with another man (who seems to be roughly the size of Jesse Pinkman, which justifies the photo selection), and Rob intervenes with a left hand to the throat of the non-Ryan combatant. Rob’s hand is pushed away, and the guy returns to pester Rex.

The second video begins with Rex breaking away from the guy, who exits the scene, which appears to end the altercation.

Several websites have posted the videos by saying that it “appears” to be the Ryans. Appears? Surely there aren’t two of that duo.

Currently, Rex is employed by ESPN. The contents of the video don’t seem to be nearly enough to jeopardize that, especially since only Rob is shown laying hands on the unidentified man who may or may not have been the aggressor.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-via-twitter/

Never mind Uber, Davon House hitches a ride via Twitter

Packers cornerback Davon House was stuck in an airport and frustrated, so he did what many people do — he complained about it on Twitter.

But what he ended up was a Lyft to another city.

According to Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com, some quick connections with some Twitter followers got House a ride home after he was stranded at the airport in Minneapolis.

When House landed in the Twin Cities around 11 p.m., he had missed his connection and was faced with the prospect of being late for OTAs in nine hours. But brothers Chad and Mike Johnson saw his electronic SOS and offered to drive him to Green Bay.

Ignoring the advice of every mom everywhere and accepting a ride from strangers, House began the four-hour jaunt across Wisconsin with two guys he only met through social media.

“I went to bed and I was scrolling through my Twitter and saw he needed a ride,” Chad Johnson said. “My brother lives in Hudson, [Wisconsin]; I’m in Eau Claire. I tweeted him that ‘I could come pick you up,’ and in the meantime I texted my brother that House needs a ride. My brother also tweeted him. He was closer so he swung up to the airport and picked him up, and I met him on Highway 29 so my brother and I could keep each other awake.”

Chad even brought a pillow so House could be well-rested for practice. When they arrived at the airport in Green Bay, they took House to his car, but he insisted on swinging them by Lambeau Field.

“It would’ve been cool just to get a picture with him there, but he was like, ‘Follow me to the stadium and I’ll sign some stuff for you,'” Chad Johnson said. “We told him he didn’t need to do that, and he insisted. He has OTAs at 7:30, and here he is at 3:30 in the morning doing this. So he brought us over there, we got to go in the locker room. He signed some shoes and some gloves and let us take pictures with the Super Bowl trophies.”

House also gave them $80 in gas money, which was literally gas money for him considering he has a $150,000 workout bonus.

But the Johnson brothers have a story to tell, which is even better than a good night’s sleep.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...equested-ride/

Uber driver says “let’s hit the road” when Shareece Wright requested ride

When Uber driver Hadi Abdollahian first heard Shareece Wright wanted to go to Buffalo, he thought the Bills cornerback meant Buffalo Wild Wings. Abdollahian didn’t blink, though, driving Wright the 547 miles from Chicago O’Hare Airport to the Bills’ facility.

“I promised him on the phone,” Abdollahian said via Marissa Payne of The Washington Post, “so I said, ‘let’s hit the road.’”

Wright became stranded at the airport Monday night with Bills’ organized team activities scheduled for Tuesday morning. Wright, who signed as a free agent in May, opted for the eight-hour car ride with Abdollahian, and the pair made it to the team facility just before 7 a.m.

Abdollahian, who arrived in the U.S. from Turkey four years ago, told the Post he didn’t know Wright was a football player until Wright told him. The two have become fast friends.

“I loved his company,” Abdollahian said. “We had a great time.”

The fare came to $632.08, and Wright added a $300 tip. Abdollahian didn’t waste any time in getting home, driving straight back to Chicago after dropping off Wright.

Sports Logo

Lyft saves the day for some dude to get to OTAs then a day later Uber's there when you call!

this stuff isn't real guys. I mean it is, I don't doubt they made the trip, but this was planned.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...get-jail-time/

Men who stole DeMarcus Ware’s Super Bowl ring get jail time

DeMarcus Ware got his Super Bowl ring returned, and the two men who took it are headed to jail.

Billy McCaslin, 41, and Sergio Irreza, 32, both pleaded guilty to second-degree burglary in a plea agreement. According to The Denver Post, McCaslin received 60 days in jail plus two years’ probation, while Irreza was sentenced to 30 days in jail plus two years’ probation.

The two men broke into Ware’s house during the Broncos’ Oct. 24 game against the Texans and stole $40,000 in valuables. Police arrested McCaslin and Irreza two days later after releasing video from Ware’s security system.

Most of the property was recovered, including the Super Bowl L ring.

Ware retired in March after a 12-year NFL career. He made 138.5 sacks in his career.

Weird that Marshawn Lynch's jersey is #1 in Indiana(and overall at the moment)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Weird that Marshawn Lynch's jersey is #1 in Indiana(and overall at the moment)
    I don't believe this, at all!

Over the last year, or so...the Jerseys I've seen here in Indy are:
    • Multiple Colts players
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • "Megatron" Johnson
    • Multiple Bears players
    • O'Dell Beckham
    • Cincy Corey Dillion
    • Denver Peyton Manning
    • Hell, even a couple Tom Brady

I've yet to ever see anyone wearing a Marshawn Lynch jersey, regardless if it's Buffalo, Seattle, or Raiders - here in Indy.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post

I've yet to ever see anyone wearing a Marshawn Lynch jersey, regardless if it's Buffalo, Seattle, or Raiders - here in Indy.
    I think that it only represents last month, so it's not too crazy to believe. What other rookie, second year, new arrival, bandwagon jersey would be selling in Indiana right now that should be beating Lynch?
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    I think that it only represents last month, so it's not too crazy to believe. What other rookie, second year, new arrival, bandwagon jersey would be selling in Indiana right now that should be beating Lynch?
    I'm just saying regardless, I've yet to have seen a single Lynch jersey, AT ALL, here in Indy. Not a single one. Matter-of-fact, I'm willing to bet I'll see some old Brett Favre jersey before I see anyone walking around with a Marshawn Lynch jersey.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Damn, thats a really good pick up by Baltimore. That really can be a game changer for that offense.

Sports Logo

can Decker even run anymore?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    I'm just saying regardless, I've yet to have seen a single Lynch jersey, AT ALL, here in Indy. Not a single one. Matter-of-fact, I'm willing to bet I'll see some old Brett Favre jersey before I see anyone walking around with a Marshawn Lynch jersey.
    My younger cousin lives in Indy and has a Marshawn Lynch jersey. I think his older brother has one too. They're also the biggest band wagoners imaginable, I think one of them even has a Gronk jersey but claims to hate the Pats. It got to the point a couple years ago where my grandpa wouldn't take one of them to a Colts-Steelers game with him because the kid wanted to wear his Big Ben jersey.

Sports Logo

Chiefs just fired their GM...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

This was probably tongue in cheek

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...l-was-injured/

Archie Manning: Adam Gase reached out to Peyton after Ryan Tannehill was injured

At a time when many are wondering whether recently-retired quarterbacks Tony Romo and Jay Cutler would return to the NFL if a starter gets injured during the upcoming season, it turns out that last year’s high-profile retiree had an opportunity to return, sort of.

Via Josh Katzenstein of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Archie Manning said Friday that he saw last December a text-message exchange between his son, Peyton, and Dolphins coach Adam Gase.

“He said, ‘Hey 18, [Ryan] Tannehill went down,'” Archie said. “[Gase] said, ‘I think he’s going to miss some time. The first question I’m going to get at the press conference in the morning is if I’m going to try to bring you to Miami. What do you want me to tell them?'”

It’s a creative way for Gase, Peyton’s offensive coordinator in Denver, to ask Peyton whether he was interested without officially asking him whether he was interested. Regardless, Peyton wasn’t interested.

Said Archie: “The text message came back from Peyton, ‘You tell them I could probably come play, but there’s no way I can miss carpool the next two weeks.’ So, he was done.”

Peyton was done, and he still is done. But it’s fascinating to think what could have happened late last season, if Peyton Manning had swooped in to help a Dolphins team that lost to Pittsburgh in the wild-card round — and that with an upset there would have been destined for a trip to New England to face the Patriots.