Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 2017 Non-Colts Off Season Thread

Default Re: 2017 Non-Colts Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he's out for a minute, but if I see the Giants playing I'm watching specifically to see Odell catch something crazy.

I'm with you though for the most part. the NFL is just a really bad product right now, said the same last year, honestly feels like the league plateaued and now in a year or two we're gonna start seeing networks REALLY regret those TV contracts as the NBA rises to its' rightful place upon the throne of America's Game. NBA or DotA anyway I guess.
    The NBA isn't that much better either when you know who's going to the NBA Finals before the season begins.

I know parity is harder to achieve in the NBA but there at least used to be an illusion of surprise to the NBA even if you had a good idea who was going to be there in the end. They don't even bother anymore.

Maybe baseball will make a comeback with the Cubs and the Indians winning streak. But I'm not big on baseball though.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    The NBA isn't that much better either when you know who's going to the NBA Finals before the season begins.

I know parity is harder to achieve in the NBA but there at least used to be an illusion of surprise to the NBA even if you had a good idea who was going to be there in the end. They don't even bother anymore.

Maybe baseball will make a comeback with the Cubs and the Indians winning streak. But I'm not big on baseball though.
    we don't know that this year though. yeah the Dubs are in all likelihood gonna be back, but Celts/Cavs is, well should, be a slugfest. that's still only 3 teams, but it's something.

the NBA is just fun and a really, really good product right now. even though it's basically those 3 and then everybody else in terms of Finals chances you can just about tune in on any given night and see some really good basketball. NFL gives you crap like Colts v. Rams.

Indians winning streak ended tonight btw.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    we don't know that this year though. yeah the Dubs are in all likelihood gonna be back, but Celts/Cavs is, well should, be a slugfest. that's still only 3 teams, but it's something.

the NBA is just fun and a really, really good product right now. even though it's basically those 3 and then everybody else in terms of Finals chances you can just about tune in on any given night and see some really good basketball. NFL gives you crap like Colts v. Rams.

Indians winning streak ended tonight btw.

The NBA is not a good product at all compared to what it used to be. The playoffs were total uncompetitive crap in both conferences. The NBA playoffs used to be some of the most dramatic entertainment in sports. There's been a glut of teams in the East, like the Pacers, that are all too flawed to create any sort of distance betweeen each other. Many games are boring 3 point shooting feats. There's some quality individual talent whose highlights can get Twitter excited, but the competitiveness of the product is total crap. Even last year, the NFL still gave us a great Super Bowl and some other playoff drama.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: