Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Non-Colts Off Season Thread

Default Re: 2017 Non-Colts Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The single season TD record has been held by passing legends like Marino, Manning (big deal in 04 when it happened), Brady (they beat the **** out of everyone that regular season), and then Manning again (with an arm that was like 50% of what it was in 2004). It's been a big deal every time it's broken. Anyone who remotely follows the NFL knows that Manning has the record. I'm not saying it's as important as his 5 MVP's or 2 rings or career TD's, but it's still one of the best statistical records to own in the sport.

It's only been broken multiple times recently because Manning and Brady are so good. It won't be easy for anyone else to top their marks.
    In this pass happy NFL yeah it will be I expect Aaron Rodgers to take it over at some point(surprised he and Drew Brees haven't done so already actually)

It only became a big deal in recent years because it has been recently broken multiple times no less. Before that it was rarely discussed especially since the guy who held it for many years Dan Marino never won anything.

May be nothing but I found it rather random that Manning would be meeting with the Rams

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/3/13/...rams-on-monday

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    In this pass happy NFL yeah it will be I expect Aaron Rodgers to take it over at some point(surprised he and Drew Brees haven't done so already actually)

It only became a big deal in recent years because it has been recently broken multiple times no less. Before that it was rarely discussed especially since the guy who held it for many years Dan Marino never won anything.
    Right, it was a big deal because two of the best ever in Manning and Brady have traded it in recent years. That in itself is the big deal. When/if someone breaks it again, it will be a big deal. Rosgers and Brees haven't done it yet because it's tough.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Still won't watch. ESPN sucks.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeForPresident For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeForPresident View Post
    Still won't watch. ESPN sucks.
    I'm wondering how they can afford it considering ESPN is facing budget cuts.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Patriots are becoming the Lakers, in that teams give them their best players for garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering how they can afford it considering ESPN is facing budget cuts.
    Companies that make bad decisions tend to continue making bad decisions until the money's all gone.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel Elliott Pulls Up Woman's Shirt To Expose Breast.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/03/13/ezekiel-elliott-expose-woman-breast-st-pattys-day-parade/

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    The Patriots are becoming the Lakers, in that teams give them their best players for garbage.

When has that happened?

If you're referring to the Gasol trade

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...asol/95913940/

A move that, as luck would have it, set the Grizzlies up for a level of success still felt today, as the team is right in the thick of things in the West yet again, with the same core group of guys intact, on pace for a seventh straight postseason appearance.

“I think the deal that set us up for the future was the Pau Gasol trade," said Wallace, who described the atmosphere surrounding the team at that time as "non-electric."

" … We didn’t really do anything dramatic in the (2007) offseason, we go into the season, and I could just tell with Pau Gasol that his candle had been doused. He really didn’t want to be with us anymore. His spirit wasn’t there, wasn’t in it. And we had a couple more years with him.”

The trade — Pau Gasol and a 2010 second-round pick (Devin Ebanks) to the Kobe Bryant-led Los Angeles Lakers for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton, Aaron McKie, first-round draft picks in 2008 (Donte Green) and 2010 (Greivis Vasquez) and the draft rights to Pau's younger brother, Marc — was widely criticized at the time by both media members at league executives, as it handed the Lakers an All-Star big man capable of pushing the team over the championship hump in return for ... not as much.

“I felt we set ourselves up for the future, and if the Lakers win a championship, so be it," Wallace said. "Both teams are supposed to, in theory, profit in a trade. That’s not my problem what the Lakers got out of it or what issues it caused competitors of the Lakers. I’m working for the Grizzlies and trying to set our franchise up for the future, and I think as time has proven, nobody had a deal that put us in a position to chart a new course for the future like that deal did, and it worked out."

Marc Gasol and Pau Gasol during a game at the Staples
    Marc Gasol and Pau Gasol during a game at the Staples Center. (Photo: Kirby Lee, US Presswire)
    Pau went on to win two championships with the Lakers before he signed with the Chicago Bulls in 2014 and then the San Antonio Spurs last summer. Marc is in the midst of a career-year in Memphis, averaging 19.9 points, 6.2 rebounds and 1.5 blocks for the Grizzlies.

"Not only did we pick up Marc, that salary cap room was later used to trade into with the Clippers for Zach Randolph. At one time when we first got into the playoffs, the 2010-11 season, we had seven to nine players on the team that, if you traced their roots how they got to Memphis, you could trace to that deal."
    Otherwise I don't see the comparison.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

So Tommy Uggs told Kraft he plans to play another 6-7 more years... (yeah I don't see that actually happening but if it does I will ask for a drug test)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...5-donut-shops/

Ricky Jean Francois explains why he owns 25 donut shops

It’s not for entertainment.

It’s not for late-night cravings.

Ricky Jean Francois says he owns 25 Dunkin’ Donuts franchises, and his reason is for the long haul.

The new Packers defensive tackle signed a one-year, $2 million contract last week. Fair to say, he won’t dump all those funds into a million-dollar sports car and clothes. Jean Francois has made investing a priority in his NFL career, applying the focus into a business strategy that so happens to make him something of a doughnut-and-coffee tycoon.

Jean Francois said that he wasn’t as conscientious with his money in 2009 as a 49ers rookie.

But as the NFL paychecks grew, his attention did, too.

“When the big money came in,” Jean Francois said, via Fox Sports Radio, “I was like, ‘I need a retirement plan right now. I need a retirement plan that can grow right now, so at the time when I actually walk out of the NFL, I don’t have to let the NFL be my identity. Teams can look at me like, ‘OK, he’s a business man. He’s a smart guy. He knows what he’s doing with his money.’

“I’m going on year nine, and I have so many different investments and opportunities, so the day I have to walk out of the league, I won’t have those second guesses. I won’t be those guys you see on ’30-for-30.’ I won’t be those percentage of guys that goes broke. . . . I want to be that guy on top. When the league talks about, ‘This is what you do with your money,’ they actually show a picture of me.”

Between the March free-agency period and rookie contract signings to come, Jean Francois’ example is a timely one.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-patriots/

Adrian Peterson to visit the Patriots on Monday

Adrian Peterson is set to meet with the defending Super Bowl champions.

The former Vikings running back will visit the Patriots on Monday, Adam Schefter of ESPN first reported Sunday. This is Peterson’s second known free-agency visit of the off-season, having also met with the Seahawks. Peterson, 32, spent the first 10 years of his career with the Vikings, although he played just three games in 2016.

He logged 37 carries for 72 yards without a score.

At this stage in his career, Peterson surely is looking to join a club with Super Bowl aspirations. He’s found one with interest. That is despite New England being fairly well-stocked at running back between Rex Burkhead, Dion Lewis, James White and D.J. Foster.

LeGarrette Blount remains a free agent.

On Saturday, it was reported the Buccaneers definitely are not in the mix for Peterson.

Of course the Patriots would shamelessly add a child-beater to their team.

And then their fans wonder why everyone hates them...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Of course the Patriots would shamelessly add a child-beater to their team.

And then their fans wonder why everyone hates them...
    I don't think they will really sign Adrian Peterson I think its wishful thinking on his part.

People hate them because they're good and they are insufferable winners who have a martyr complex.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

I don't think they will really sign Adrian Peterson I think its wishful thinking on his part.

People hate them because they're good and they are insufferable winners who have a martyr complex.
    And they have no integrity.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Tony Romo said screw this I'm just gonna retire. which means the Texans don't get a pretty good QB. AND he's replacing Phil Simmons on CBS, it's a win-win for us!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Tony Romo said screw this I'm just gonna retire. which means the Texans don't get a pretty good QB. AND he's replacing Phil Simmons on CBS, it's a win-win for us!
    Odd timing.

Yeah it is if the Colts actually take advantage of this opportunity however the Texans never scared me the Titans on the other hand are another story a rising team who finished better than we did and they have a legit QB unlike the Texans.

However I personally would not be surprised if Romo retired and then returned to an SB ready team that needed a QB and actually wants him I don't think anyone was going to take a chance on him via trade.

I was hoping he'd go to Denver, just to give them a shot at keeping NE out of the Super Bowl.

I was hoping he'd go to Denver, just to give them a shot at keeping NE out of the Super Bowl.
    If you need to keep the Pats out of the SB they would have to bring Manning back out of retirement I really don't trust anyone else(maybe Flacco if the Ravens can get in)

Sports Logo

If you need to keep the Pats out of the SB they would have to bring Manning back out of retirement I really don't trust anyone else(maybe Flacco if the Ravens can get in)
    2 1sts for Brees, who says no