Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charles Oakley shoves security guard at Knicks game gets thrown out the building.

Default Charles Oakley shoves security guard at Knicks game gets thrown out the building.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Charles Oakley shoves security guard at Knicks game gets thrown out the building.

It gets more bizarre ........ word is that he went after Dolan.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-square-garden

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Charles Oakley shoves security guard at Knicks game gets thrown out the building.

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Was the security guard's name "Dale Davis?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Guys like Oakley make me miss the old NBA though. When I watch those old Knicks/Pacers games on NBATV they played with fire and passion. Now you get called for fouls if you even breath on an offensive player. Oddly enough back in the so-called "rougher" days of the NBA, guys got injured a lot less than they do now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys like Oakley make me miss the old NBA though. When I watch those old Knicks/Pacers games on NBATV they played with fire and passion. Now you get called for fouls if you even breath on an offensive player. Oddly enough back in the so-called "rougher" days of the NBA, guys got injured a lot less than they do now.
    No. They are wussies. Guys used to run the court with pulled muscles, broken ribs and aching backs, uphill both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    No. They are wussies. Guys used to run the court with pulled muscles, broken ribs and aching backs, uphill both ways.
    With over a foot of snow on the court and no heat in the bldng.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hated Oakley, respected him, but hated him. Would have loved him if he was on my team though. Guys like Dale Davis, Buck Williams and Charles Oakley aren't around anymore.

I really hope he doesn't get in to much trouble. Can't blame the guy for heckling Dolan, he's a tool. The Knicks owe the guy a pass if possible.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Charles Oakley has been charged with 3 counts of assault for hitting security guards (misdemeanor) and criminal trespassing, the NYPD says.

The better angle of the whole thing

https://twitter.com/ischafer/status/829500863794274305
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dolan is going to lose this hard when it comes to public perception lol

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Charles Oakley is kind of a POS. Even if the Knicks were one of the best ran organizations in the league, they probably wouldnt want him anywhere near them. I remember seeing a video i think from last years Finals where he was outside the Cavs lockeroom ( for some reason ) and he was telling the security around him that if they put their hands on him they will see what happens. Basically he was threatening and intimidating them.

Just not the type of dude I think the Knicks would want to give a job to at all, whether it be this current situation Knicks team or a top flight organization Knicks team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's the most fight any Knick has put up this year.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Bully during career, bully after career.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I'm on Oak's side versus Dolan and all that, but you can't just be shoving dudes about the neck. And you sure as **** can't be poking them in the face and shoving them in the head with that point because the dude's trying to do his job.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I always had a love/hate relationship with Oakley, he's one of those guys you kinda like but can't help but hate if he's not on your team.

My grandma used to go to every Pacers game, she sat down low and would heckle the players and sometimes they would get a kick out of it because she was just some old lady heckling in a good natured way. When Oakley was playing for Toronto near the end of his career, she was giving him all kinds of hell for playing for a bad team and telling him that his team was terrible. She was yelling at him on the free throw line a couple of times and he had this big grin on his face. So I always kinda like Oakley for being a good sport with my nutty grandma!

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

_________________________ RamBo_Lamar's Avatar

Even if he was yapping at Dolan (who likely deserves it), when
    surrounded by security personnel and being told to leave, like
    anyone else he should have gotten up and left without incident.

Now he will get hassled by the legal system, and be a little bit
    lighter in the wallet for having acted stupidly. Good Attorneys
    don't come cheaply, but he'll probably find one who is a Knicks
    fan willing to take his case pro bono.

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    Even if he was yapping at Dolan (who likely deserves it), when
    surrounded by security personnel and being told to leave, like
    anyone else he should have gotten up and left without incident.

Now he will get hassled by the legal system, and be a little bit
    lighter in the wallet for having acted stupidly. Good Attorneys
    don't come cheaply, but he'll probably find one who is a Knicks
    fan willing to take his case pro bono.
    Probably will threaten his attorney. Get me off these charges or your gonna see what happens.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

34. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

I can watch this videos all day long

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm on Oak's side versus Dolan and all that, but you can't just be shoving dudes about the neck. And you sure as **** can't be poking them in the face and shoving them in the head with that point because the dude's trying to do his job.
    I pretty much agree with this. The Knicks should have a place for a guy that anchored their defense for 10 years but Oakley needs to behave in a civil manner. Sadly I think this is just who Oakley is. I remember reading articles on how he was off the court toward other players. Players knew if you pissed him off Oakley was coming after you. Oakley is a violent person and by basically keeping that attitude slightly in check it made him the NBA enforcer he was. In normal life that attitude makes you a loser. I don't like Oakley but the NBA could use an infusion of Oakley in a bad way right now.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

I'm not sure how Oak got that ticket, but the best thing he could have done was to sit there, sign autos, take pictures, act the part of a ambassador for the Knicks, and just be cool. Dolan knew he was there. He would have taken note. And Oakley may have come out of this on top, but instead he acted like the THUG he is. He acted like a ****ing thug. He's acted like this for a long time now. They dont want that around the organization. And i applaud them.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Another great video of what happened

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQS-3gclJrz/

40. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A bully. Good riddance.
    https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

Change is neither good or bad, it simply is.